Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hindsight is 20/20
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShaggyBear

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wanted Grossman to start over Orton a few years ago. I also thought David Terrell was going to be the greatest WR to wear a Bear Jersey lol

WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaggyBear wrote:
I really wanted Grossman to start over Orton a few years ago. I also thought David Terrell was going to be the greatest WR to wear a Bear Jersey lol

I thought the Michael Haynes and Rex Grossman draft was going to be awesome.

And I was also pissed that we did not draft Dwayne Robertson.

2003 was a bad year.
CBears019

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still love Grossman

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By far my worst blunder, and it isn't even close, is wanting Leonard Pope. He was an absolute stud at Georgia, and I thought he was going to kill it in the NFL. Oops. Embarassed
Nads786

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
I still love Grossman

Consigned ... I'm the biggest Bears QB apologist around

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
I remember I wanted Rashard Mendenhall REALLY bad in the '08 draft and was pissed when they took Williams. We ended up getting Forte in the 2nd, so it's okay. But we also ended up getting Williams in the first, so that sucked.

Add "anybody who grew up in or attended school in Illinois" to the list of obsessed-over potential draft picks.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
I still love Grossman

I'm not necessarily a Grossman fan, but to this day I'll still defend him when people claim he's the one and only reason why the Bears lost Super Bowl XLI.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great thread. Let's see... I was pretty excited for the additions of Dusty Dvoracek and Marcus Harrison. I was really high on Niles Paul as a potential stud receiver for us in last year's draft too and he's not even a WR anymore. I was strongly in favor of both Nicks and Maclin over DHB and while I think DHB is still the 3rd best WR of the 3 he has by far exceeded my expectations. I was big on Derrick Morgan being the next Trent Cole and he has 5 sacks in 24 games thus far. I was also big time in the Taylor Mays boat and thought Everette Brown was a great fit for us to solve our pass rush problems 3 years ago and wanted Mike Williams over Cedric Benson in 2005. And yes, to this point my profession that Marvin McNutt had as much NFL talent as Michael Floyd has looked pretty bad (give it time though lol).

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Dusty Dvoracek

Dusty was a heartbreaker. The guy looked like he was playing with so much heart when he was actually healthy enough to play.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost forgot, I was heavily opposed to the Bears drafting Alshon Jeffery going into this year's draft. When they made that pick, I didn't mind it.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Almost forgot, I was heavily opposed to the Bears drafting Alshon Jeffery going into this year's draft. When they made that pick, I didn't mind it.

So was I and I am happily eating my words.

I hate to admit it, but I was actually excited about the pool jumper pick. Little did I know that Max Unger and Sebastian Vollmer were available and pretty good.
bears2308

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Earl Bennett would suck. I assume most of you that were on the site a few years ago remember. In the few games he's played I've had to enjoyably eat my words. If only the dude could stay on the field. I also thought Marcus Harrison would become a monster if he had the right attitude. Nope. I was real high on Bowman when he had the year with multiple picks - I even went into the GB forum and compared him to Charles Woodson. Embarassed At least I'm wrong in the sense that if he was still around and like Charles he'd be getting called for a penalty per game.

One that I do remember arguing with many was taking Brandon Albert over the waste of $ LT/LG/Should be off the team Chris Williams.

Man, am I glad Jerry is gone.

Edit: Speaking of Jerry; Remember how most of the board knew we needed o-lineman and Carl Nicks was supposed to go high but fell to the fourth or fifth due to off the field issues? Every round that would pass I was praying we would pick him.

Once again, I hate you Jerry. I would rather have Bearsaddict as GM without knowing his credentials... Laughing
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

So was I and I am happily eating my words.

I hate to admit it, but I was actually excited about the pool jumper pick. Little did I know that Max Unger and Sebastian Vollmer were available and pretty good.

I was as well...however I will eat my words when he shows up in great shape for camp next year lol.
bkokot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Marvin McNutt and every other Iowa player ever. Laughing
Add all the Illinois kids to that. Arrelious Benn #1 overall!!

Add every receiver 6'3" or over.

but now that we have 2 receivers 6'3" and over, we are a better team, coincidence? I think not. Razz

2014 Adopt a Bear - DT Stephen Paea
Tackles - 17 Sacks - 4 Passes Deflected - 2
bkokot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
I still love Grossman

I'm not necessarily a Grossman fan, but to this day I'll still defend him when people claim he's the one and only reason why the Bears lost Super Bowl XLI.

We lost that game because we couldn't stop the edge from gashing our defense up and down the field when he was well past his best years.

2014 Adopt a Bear - DT Stephen Paea
Tackles - 17 Sacks - 4 Passes Deflected - 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: