Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 News & Info Thread II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
I believe that you treat Vick like a game manager and forget that his name is Vick. Treat him like Harbaugh treated Smith last season. Treat him like the Steelers treated Big Ben for a few seasons. 25 pass attempts, MAX! If you give him 30 pass attempts, those extra 5 better be less than 5 yards down the field.

I agree to some extent with this. But Andy is aggresive, he wants points on the board.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
PowerElite

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
I believe that you treat Vick like a game manager and forget that his name is Vick. Treat him like Harbaugh treated Smith last season. Treat him like the Steelers treated Big Ben for a few seasons. 25 pass attempts, MAX! If you give him 30 pass attempts, those extra 5 better be less than 5 yards down the field.

I agree to some extent with this. But Andy is aggresive, he wants points on the board.

Andy has never scored 35+ points in the playoffs. In big games his offense comes up short of that mark all of the time. But what can one expect when he is committed to playing Jason Avant. Being aggressive and having Jason Avant as your slot receiver are diametrically opposed.
oland11

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:

Mike Vick only needs 1 yard to make it an INT. Letting him have 5 more chances to throw a pick is like giving a shark 5 more chances to attack a bleeding danish man....
Meco

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

Andy has never scored 35+ points in the playoffs. In big games his offense comes up short of that mark all of the time. But what can one expect when he is committed to playing Jason Avant. Being aggressive and having Jason Avant as your slot receiver are diametrically opposed.

RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

He relied on QB's that have been poor at the small ball, and relied too much on the big play.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
PowerElite

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

He relied on QB's that have been poor at the small ball, and relied too much on the big play.

Jeff Garcia was poor at small ball?
Meco

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Jason Avant slander is absurd. I don't know how many different ways Jason Avant's validity needs to be explained to PE before it finally gets through to him. Jason Avant is a perfectly fine player who fills his role very well and is not an albatross on this offense. But perhaps more importantly, there are bigger fish to fry. Upgrading a perfectly legitimate #4 or #5 option in the passing game is very low on the list of things to improve. This smear campaign against Avant by PE is idiotic.
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys make of this
"Michael Vick takes an average of 3 seconds between his snap and his pass release, which is the highest in the league."-PFF

Not sure what to think of this. It suggests that Vick may deserve a significant amount of blame for being pressured so much because he holds onto the ball too long, but for those of us that have watched the Eagles we clearly see an offensive line that is always beaten at the point of attack and occasionally crumbles instantaneously after the snap of the ball. Although I do think this confirms the idea that Vick has grown to be too indecisiveness, and this may in fact be due to the constant conflict in his head "pocker passer vs scrambler." Him, and everyone around him, seem to want him to be a pocket passer, but he needs to somehow find a balance himself and turn that into his natural instinct. Not sure if that can be done this late in his career though.

~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
1,628 yards, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 82.0 Passer Rating
PowerElite

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
"Michael Vick takes an average of 3 seconds between his snap and his pass release, which is the highest in the league."-PFF

Not sure what to think of this. It suggests that Vick may deserve a significant amount of blame for being pressured so much because he holds onto the ball too long, but for those of us that have watched the Eagles we clearly see an offensive line that is always beaten at the point of attack and occasionally crumbles instantaneously after the snap of the ball. Although I do think this confirms the idea that Vick has grown to be too indecisiveness, and this may in fact be due to the constant conflict in his head "pocker passer vs scrambler." Him, and everyone around him, seem to want him to be a pocket passer, but he needs to somehow find a balance himself and turn that into his natural instinct. Not sure if that can be done this late in his career though.

Who's open?
Kiltman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

How many offenses are putting up 35+ points consistently in the playoffs? Not many do.

2013 Gold Standard Baldy Winner | The Final(?) ENBD Champion | other stuff too
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id account to that Vick statistic, constant play action passes, receivers not getting open, and the line not blocking anyone.

Bird Watch: Mychal Kendricks
Tackles: 13 Sacks: 1 Interceptions: 0
PowerElite

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

How many offenses are putting up 35+ points consistently in the playoffs? Not many do.

Jeff Garcia played in two playoff games where his team put up 35+ points... Reid has never done it in the playoffs...
Kiltman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

Jeff Garcia played in two playoff games where his team put up 35+ points... Reid has never done it in the playoffs...

Ok...why is that an important number? And you didn't answer my question.

2013 Gold Standard Baldy Winner | The Final(?) ENBD Champion | other stuff too
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:

Who's open?

Certainly not that Jason Avant, amirite!?

~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
1,628 yards, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 82.0 Passer Rating
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need to have a guy wide open to throw the ball.

Run a slant and get the ball out, let the WR catch it, even if there's a defender trailing in coverage.

An elite throw will defeat coverage any day. The receiver knows where he's going, the defender doesn't.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 29 of 99

Jump to: