Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins sign former Bucs Kicker Kai Forbath; Cut K Cundiff
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
THESKINSFAN21


Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Posts: 4514
Location: West Palm Beach
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
what number kicker is this for us since John Hall?


1. Nick Novak
2. Shaun Suisham
3. Graham Gano
4. Billy Cundiff
5. Kai Forbath

Even more disturbing
Quote:
They will use their 19th kicker since 1994 on Sunday when they host the Minnesota Vikings. That terrific statistic is courtesy of Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post after the Redskins dumped Billy Cundiff today and signed Kai Forbath following a tryout at Redskins Park.

That is six more kickers than the next closest franchises Arizona, Dallas and San Francisco. Surely, they are longing for the days of Chip Lohmiller or Mark Moseley in Washington.


http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Redskins-change-kickers-at-an-alarming-rate.html
_________________

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 65216
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
A TRAIN 89 wrote:
If he was 5 for 5 in preseason, 2 of which were from beyond 50, why was he cut by the Bucs? Connor Barth is that much better?
he really is
yep, he's a career 85% FG kicker. 93% last year, 100% this year
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 65216
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
what number kicker is this for us since John Hall?


1. Nick Novak
2. Shaun Suisham
3. Graham Gano
4. Billy Cundiff
5. Kai Forbath

Even more disturbing
Quote:
They will use their 19th kicker since 1994 on Sunday when they host the Minnesota Vikings. That terrific statistic is courtesy of Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post after the Redskins dumped Billy Cundiff today and signed Kai Forbath following a tryout at Redskins Park.

That is six more kickers than the next closest franchises Arizona, Dallas and San Francisco. Surely, they are longing for the days of Chip Lohmiller or Mark Moseley in Washington.


http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Redskins-change-kickers-at-an-alarming-rate.html
well maybe Kai is the one. We went through near the same amount of starting qbs since then also and now we have Griffin to answer our prayers. Maybe Kai can be that DUDE! Cool
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
daboyle250


Joined: 29 Nov 2011
Posts: 4371
Location: My House
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DYNASTY!
_________________

Tracker: 39 catches, 443 yards, 3 TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Slateman


Joined: 13 Nov 2006
Posts: 7044
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just replacing fodder with fodder ....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MikeT14


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 5827
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
Just replacing fodder with fodder ....


I'd buy this.
_________________

- mike23md on the sig!

Phire wrote:
HORSES - 1
DALLAS - 0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RSkinGM


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 4031
Location: Richmond, Va
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
Just replacing fodder with fodder ....


I'd buy this.


Man, that's harsh .. the kid has no track record ( NFL wise ) to garner praise or disdain. Let's let him miss a few and cost us a game before we excoriate him..
Remember the old saying re. a blind squirrel and an acorn.. Maybe we found an acorn this time ..!! Pray Pray Pray
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RSkinGM


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 4031
Location: Richmond, Va
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
Thank you Shanahan for seeing what was obvious - Cundiff was not the right choice in the first place.


I thought it was a great move.. He was at the age where a kicker has matured and can take the pressure .. I thought his miss, his rushed attempt against the Pats in the Playoffs was an anomoly--ovbiously he just couldn't put it it behind him I guess. I don't fault coach at all for signing him. They really didn't like Gano or Rackers and Cundiff had been very good for 2-3 seasons.. Kicked outdoors also..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Redskins24-7


Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 15011
Location: North Beach, MD
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
what number kicker is this for us since John Hall?


1. Nick Novak
2. Shaun Suisham
3. Graham Gano
4. Billy Cundiff
5. Kai Forbath


Can't forget about the legend that is Ola Kimrin! How the hell do I remember that name? We also had Shayne Graham and Neil Rackers, but they obviously never kicked for us in the regular season.
_________________
RIP SuperSkinFan
AAR:
Roy Helu, Jr: 33 carries, 169 yards, 1 TD; 26 catches, 309 yards
Duke Ihenacho: IR
Ryan Clark: 52 tackles, 1 PDef, .5 sacks
Logan Paulsen: 9 catches, 46 yards... and a fumble
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
MikeT14


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 5827
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
what number kicker is this for us since John Hall?


1. Nick Novak
2. Shaun Suisham
3. Graham Gano
4. Billy Cundiff
5. Kai Forbath


Can't forget about the legend that is Ola Kimrin! How the hell do I remember that name? We also had Shayne Graham and Neil Rackers, but they obviously never kicked for us in the regular season.


1995: Eddie Murray
1996: Scott Blanton
1997: Scott Blanton, Chris Jacke
1998: Cary Blanchard, Scott Blanton, David Akers
1999: Brett Conway
2000: Brett Conway, Michael Husted, Kris Heppner, Eddie Murray, Scott Bentley
2001: Brett Conway
2002: Brett Conway, Jose Cortez, James Tuthill
_________________

- mike23md on the sig!

Phire wrote:
HORSES - 1
DALLAS - 0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rizzy


Joined: 13 Feb 2007
Posts: 547
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
what number kicker is this for us since John Hall?


1. Nick Novak
2. Shaun Suisham
3. Graham Gano
4. Billy Cundiff
5. Kai Forbath


Can't forget about the legend that is Ola Kimrin! How the hell do I remember that name? We also had Shayne Graham and Neil Rackers, but they obviously never kicked for us in the regular season.


1995: Eddie Murray
1996: Scott Blanton
1997: Scott Blanton, Chris Jacke
1998: Cary Blanchard, Scott Blanton, David Akers
1999: Brett Conway
2000: Brett Conway, Michael Husted, Kris Heppner, Eddie Murray, Scott Bentley
2001: Brett Conway
2002: Brett Conway, Jose Cortez, James Tuthill


Holy worst kicker of all time I remember him missing a 40 yarder against I think the Rams wide left by about 30 yards. "Michael Husted comes on to kick he's 1/2 on the year not on field goals, no no no on extra points"
_________________
College Football-Miami
NFL-Redskins
NBA-Wizards
NHL-Capitals
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Slateman


Joined: 13 Nov 2006
Posts: 7044
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
Just replacing fodder with fodder ....


I'd buy this.


Man, that's harsh .. the kid has no track record ( NFL wise ) to garner praise or disdain. Let's let him miss a few and cost us a game before we excoriate him..
Remember the old saying re. a blind squirrel and an acorn.. Maybe we found an acorn this time ..!! Pray Pray Pray


We've been down this road so many times, I'm not going to hold my breath. It's his third team in two years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RSkinGM


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 4031
Location: Richmond, Va
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
Just replacing fodder with fodder ....


I'd buy this.


Man, that's harsh .. the kid has no track record ( NFL wise ) to garner praise or disdain. Let's let him miss a few and cost us a game before we excoriate him..
Remember the old saying re. a blind squirrel and an acorn.. Maybe we found an acorn this time ..!! Pray Pray Pray


We've been down this road so many times, I'm not going to hold my breath. It's his third team in two years.


Yes, third team in two years but was hurt the first year and put on I R then The Bucs decided ,, wisely-- to keep a hellova kicker in Connor Barth -- so I don't count those as two strikes.. I'm quite sure he's the next David Akers and this time we signed him rather than cut him ..!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Wink Wink Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RSkinGM


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 4031
Location: Richmond, Va
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda interesting--Forbath didn't kickoff in college.. only placekicks. Maybe special teams better gear up to stop a few more returns.. This could go either way -- pin inside the 20 or get a fumble -- or d'oh! get burned.. !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
footy_29


Joined: 31 Jan 2007
Posts: 11424
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Kinda interesting--Forbath didn't kickoff in college.. only placekicks. Maybe special teams better gear up to stop a few more returns.. This could go either way -- pin inside the 20 or get a fumble -- or d'oh! get burned.. !


Even a few years ago, there were many punters doing the kickoffs in the NFL. It is obviously something they looked at when they tried out the kickers, so I do not see it being an issue. Frankly, Cundiff was pretty poor with kickoffs, so the difference is likely to be negligible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group