Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If Tampa hired Chip Kelly
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: If Tampa hired Chip Kelly Reply with quote

I think we all know Kelly was our first choice this past off-season. Now, lets say we reeled him away from Oregon how do you think this team would look? Personally, I feel like the draft probably would've went a little different. Looking at the Patriots fast pace offense that was very similar to Kelly's at OU was a thing of beauty Sunday.

I think Freeman would be having a break out year under Kelly and our offense would be dynamic.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: If Tampa hired Chip Kelly Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
I think we all know Kelly was our first choice this past off-season. Now, lets say we reeled him away from Oregon how do you think this team would look? Personally, I feel like the draft probably would've went a little different. Looking at the Patriots fast pace offense that was very similar to Kelly's at OU was a thing of beauty Sunday.

I think Freeman would be having a break out year under Kelly and our offense would be dynamic.

100% WRONG. ! Freeman isn't a quick decision maker at all and his crap wouldn't work in this league.

I don't think we'd be any better honestly. Freeman is indecisive and hesitant. Don't think that he'd be having that breakout year.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like some hindsight talk because our offense sucks right now...

And not to call you out or anything but, this is from the Chip Kelly thread..

indifference wrote:
What in the hell are we thinking? Horrible hire if true. I don't care about writing him off early, this makes no sense. This has Nick Saban and Bobby Petrino type situation all over again. I'm really disgusted and I hope this is just some type of mirage and we announce that we hire Marty to throw the press off.
Very Happy

Last edited by Caaddy24 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its funny i was going to write an article on this earlier....

The biggest concern was his "high paced offense" wont be effective...Pats def proving that was far from false!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: If Tampa hired Chip Kelly Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
indifference wrote:

100% WRONG. ! Freeman isn't a quick decision maker at all and his crap wouldn't work in this league.

I don't think we'd be any better honestly. Freeman is indecisive and hesitant. Don't think that he'd be having that breakout year.
What are you talking about? The Patriots run a similar offense and its CLOCKWORK. So you can put that theory to bed that it doesn't work in the league.

I feel like a fast-paced tempo would definitely help the offense. Wears out a defense, prevents them from putting subs in, and allows Freeman to play his game. Under Schinao I get the feeling Freeman is restricted as far as him being a gunslinger. Freeman has shown to play his best at a fast paced tempo. To say he wouldn't play better than he is now in this slow offense is naive.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: If Tampa hired Chip Kelly Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
indifference wrote:

What are you talking about? The Patriots run a similar offense and its CLOCKWORK. So you can put that theory to bed that it doesn't work in the league.

I feel like a fast-paced tempo would definitely help the offense. Wears out a defense, prevents them from putting subs in, and allows Freeman to play his game. Under Schinao I get the feeling Freeman is restricted as far as him being a gunslinger. Freeman has shown to play his best at a fast paced tempo. To say he wouldn't play better than he is now in this slow offense is naive.

Freeman would be a horrible fit. He's not a fast paced qb. He hesitates on decision making and doesn't get the ball out quickly.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: If Tampa hired Chip Kelly Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
indifference wrote:

Completely agree with you Det....Freeman has always been best at the hurry up when he can "wing it". He's comeback victories, the 2010 season, that's what we saw.

It would have made his reads simpler and would have forced him (for better or worse) to make those decisions.

Plus Kelly would have gotten Freeman on the move, as he does with his QB's. That is Free's possible biggest strength...

Would have been interesting, but Defense wouldnt be close to where it is now

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also you say the pats run it and its brilliant. Guess who's running that offense ? Freeman ain't no where near Brady.
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: If Tampa hired Chip Kelly Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

Freeman would be a horrible fit. He's not a fast paced qb. He hesitates on decision making and doesn't get the ball out quickly.
Freeman is at his best when their running fast pace no huddle. I see hesitating and him not getting the ball quickly when we run the slow, traditional offense. Everytime we get in the 2 min offense mode he looks like a different confident player.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: If Tampa hired Chip Kelly Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Freeman is at his best when their running fast pace no huddle. I see hesitating and him not getting the ball quickly when we run the slow, traditional offense. Everytime we get in the 2 min offense mode he looks like a different confident player.

Even the Pats do not play in the 2 min offense for 4 qtrs. plus Josh freeman isn't in Brady's class. He'd be lucky to hold his jockstrap. This is pointless.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also if we had chip Kelly we would not have Barron Martin or David. Guys who are football players. Chip Kelly would have athletes not Wrs.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how our team has turned out so far with Schiano. He is new to the NFL give him time. I would rather be a smash your face in team any day over a "finess" team. Like someone mentioned our defense wouldn't be close to where they are today if Schiano wasn't leading our team.

Eli and his offense have no problem throwing the ball around the yard. I will give it more than four games before I come to the conclusion that this offense doesn't fit Freeman.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: If Tampa hired Chip Kelly Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Even the Pats do not play in the 2 min offense for 4 qtrs. plus Josh freeman isn't in Brady's class. He'd be lucky to hold his jockstrap. This is pointless.
Who said Freeman had to be Brady GOOD? At the end of the day that offense stills put a crap load of pressure on a defense with its tempo. Even at that its not like Brady is making difficult throws. He is a checkdown monster at times. The offense wears teams out mentally and physically. The run game would work out better for us. Well duh, don't ya think when there up 31-7 against their opponent they slow the tempo down? Of course the Pats don't use it for 4 QTR's of play.

Last edited by indifference on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buccaneer4life

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Schiano. Yes we are 1-3 but we have been in every single game. Chip Kelly would have been a disaster IMO. He just doesnt seem like an NFL coach to me. Schiano looks like an NFL coach.
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Also if we had chip Kelly we would not have Barron Martin or David. Guys who are football players. Chip Kelly would have athletes not Wrs.
You know this because Kelly has drafted before in the NFL right? These assumptions with nothing to base them off nothing has to stop.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: