Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: @ Houston Texans (Option to leave Finley in Texas)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are we overreacting?
Yes
24%
 24%  [ 17 ]
No
42%
 42%  [ 30 ]
justo is an idiot
32%
 32%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 70

Texansfan713

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packman Luke wrote:
Wouldn't be surprised in the least if the Packers blew out the Texans. I think our D can hold them, and our O can shred their secondary. As long as Rodgers stays on his feet, this should look easy.

And I'm not trolling.

I think you are selling our secondary short. Our secondary is very good. Sure Joseph had a bad game last week, but when was the last time you can say he had back to back terrible games? Kareem Jackson (yes Kareem) is improved, and Quin/Manning is a pretty good safety tandem. I doubt it will be a blowout, especially since it's a road game for you guys. The crowd is going to play a huge part in this game.

Should be a good one though! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are incredibly inconsistent. And I hate to be that guy but moreso than I think any other year been absolutely screwed over by calls from the refs week in and week out.

Week 1. Multiple consecutive false starts leading to a 9ers TD...we didnt deserve the win anyway but it still hurt

Week 2. I dont remember anything egregious, I think we actually got away with some things here

Week 3. Lets not go there.

Week 4. Uncalled Push off, Uncalled Fumble

Week 5. Sam Shields now leads the league in DPI when the Receiver pushes him out of the way. Without that penalty its 3rd and 25 at the colts 35 with 1 minute to go and a win is all but sealed.

Alot can be said about how we shouldnt have put ourselves in that situation, blah blah, but the fact is that we had those calls go against us, and to everyone, including helen keller and stevie wonder, they were obvious, not some conspiracy theory that we're trying to cook up. Sure refs miss calls here and there but this has been a consistent theme...backbreaking bad call at the absolute worst possible time.

We are 5 games with Carey or Hochuli away from being 4-1, irrespective of our anemic offense and holey zone defense

Also to those concerned about Rodgers, I just read on twitter. By stats he is playing better this year than 2010 through the first 5 games.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey remember 2010 when the pack lost consecutive games in overtime, MM couldn't call the right plays, we were calling for his and TT's head, and then we got hot and won the super bowl?

We still have 5 division games left, but this is a must win against the Texans. If we start 2-4, that is a big one to make up.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
Pugger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chucknorris101 wrote:
We are incredibly inconsistent. And I hate to be that guy but moreso than I think any other year been absolutely screwed over by calls from the refs week in and week out.

Week 1. Multiple consecutive false starts leading to a 9ers TD...we didnt deserve the win anyway but it still hurt

Week 2. I dont remember anything egregious, I think we actually got away with some things here

Week 3. Lets not go there.

Week 4. Uncalled Push off, Uncalled Fumble

Week 5. Sam Shields now leads the league in DPI when the Receiver pushes him out of the way. Without that penalty its 3rd and 25 at the colts 35 with 1 minute to go and a win is all but sealed.

Alot can be said about how we shouldnt have put ourselves in that situation, blah blah, but the fact is that we had those calls go against us, and to everyone, including helen keller and stevie wonder, they were obvious, not some conspiracy theory that we're trying to cook up. Sure refs miss calls here and there but this has been a consistent theme...backbreaking bad call at the absolute worst possible time.

We are 5 games with Carey or Hochuli away from being 4-1, irrespective of our anemic offense and holey zone defense

Also to those concerned about Rodgers, I just read on twitter. By stats he is playing better this year than 2010 through the ft 5 games.

Normally you don't want to complain about officiating because it makes one sound like sour grapes. But when the guys calling the TV broadcast make comments about us being the victim of bad calls practically every week it makes you scratch your head if nothing else. It almost seems like this is payback time for every call/break we've ever had go in our favor over the past few years. Sometimes it just isn't your year. Confused

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Houston is tremendous. But I just wouldn't be surprised if this was the game where we kind of remind everyone how good we can be. Get a couple early scores (not selling the Houston defense short, but when Rodgers is on he can beat anyone), force them to pass a bit more than they run and get them away from what has been working for them. Schaub is a great QB, but he isn't elite, and we can force him into a couple of mistakes thanks to a very thin receiving corps. I have to wonder how influential Cushing was to their run defense; maybe Green can exploit them?

I think this game could easily end up something like a 24-17 Packers win.

justo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:
justo wrote:
Anyone get the feeling of the 2009 Pats game with this? Like it could be a game we lose close and turn our season around? I'm way too confident for a fan of a 2-3 team facing an undefeated team right now. I somehow got the feeling (nothing to back it up) that we could pull this one out.

We didn't play the Pats in 09. Do you mean 2010 when Rosgers was out.
I agree with you that this is going to be a statement game like in 09 when we beat the Cowboys 17-7 or 10 when we beat the Jets.

I meant 10 my bad

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this is a must win. 2-4 with STL-JAC-DET-ARI up next. I could see us winning the next four.
General_Bean

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ok going into this game, I think the Pack can win this....

Call me crazy, but I believe what killed us last week was injuries to Raji, Finley, and Benson during the game. I compare it to when Rodgers went down in Detroit a couple years ago and Flynn looked like he just got out of bed. Next week Flynn almost upsets a Playoff caliber New England team. I believe that MM had a gameplan set up focused around pounding the ball with Benson and when he went down he changed it up. Yes, the make of a great Mind is adapting to your environment, but the dominoes were falling piece by piece.

I trust MM will draw up a gameplan that can play to Green's strengths, will play with both backup tight ends.

Defensively, I feel capers will bring something else to the table against this Texans team. Our back are against the wall and we don't have our starting nose tackle for a 3-4 D. Now would be the time to get a bit creative and use that brain of his to come up with disguised blitzes and have Schaub guessing who's coming from where.

This is one of those games where I'd like the packers to go to a 4-3 with worthy/pickett in the middle. Never will happen, but I just fear the run game with that team
Packerfaninmn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the status on Raji, how about The Doctor? we need him in the secondary.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerfaninmn wrote:
how about The Doctor? we need him in the secondary.

Why.....What have we seen from MD Jennings to say we need him? Texans passing O doesn't scare me. Foster does a bit. Owen Daniels I think will have a big game too. Andre doesn't look right though and we better not let Kevin freaking Walter beat us. Stack the box and let Houston try to beat you deep. Don't bite on PA. I'd rather have the safety back than come up to stop Foster. On offense we need to move the pocket a lot. Rollouts, bootlegs, stretch runs, etc. Don't let their line stay in one spot. Make them move and tire them out.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
Atari-XXX

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandybaby716 wrote:
I think Houston is tremendous. But I just wouldn't be surprised if this was the game where we kind of remind everyone how good we can be. Get a couple early scores (not selling the Houston defense short, but when Rodgers is on he can beat anyone), force them to pass a bit more than they run and get them away from what has been working for them. Schaub is a great QB, but he isn't elite, and we can force him into a couple of mistakes thanks to a very thin receiving corps. I have to wonder how influential Cushing was to their run defense; maybe Green can exploit them?

I think this game could easily end up something like a 24-17 Packers win.

Andrew Luck isn't an elite QB either. Alex Smith isn't an elite QB either. The Texans WR corps is still better than what the Colts had and Luck still threw for almost 400 yards.

I don't see how this defense is going to stop their offense. I expect the Texas to use their TE's often this game. The only way to win is if Rodgers plays the way he did last year. Maybe then they can win like they did last year in NY. Too bad we won't have Jennings because now that Benson is out I expect MM to use the exact same kind of offense that he did last year.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
Packerfaninmn wrote:

Why.....What have we seen from MD Jennings to say we need him? Texans passing O doesn't scare me. Foster does a bit. Owen Daniels I think will have a big game too. Andre doesn't look right though and we better not let Kevin freaking Walter beat us. Stack the box and let Houston try to beat you deep. Don't bite on PA. I'd rather have the safety back than come up to stop Foster. On offense we need to move the pocket a lot. Rollouts, bootlegs, stretch runs, etc. Don't let their line stay in one spot. Make them move and tire them out.

Well, he missed the last two games and we got shredded.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So can we still change our minds about Nick Collins...
justo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerfaninmn wrote:
oh god no

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seriously - the secondary is absolutely at its worst when the "doctor" is playing.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 15 of 63

Jump to: