Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seattle Mariners Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sacks98

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the only drastic change is LCF which definitely needed to be moved in.
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
Sounds like the only drastic change is LCF which definitely needed to be moved in.
LF wall is also being moved down 8 feet (no mechanical scoreboard). Should turn some doubles into home runs there.

Should be interesting. I can think of many times where this wouldn't have helped us over the past two-three years. All our hitters will definitely benefit. Hopefully Montero the most.

Kempes

#JDI
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So hoping/assuming we resign Iwakuma, I could see us starting next year a rotation of Felix, Iwakuma and Beavan.

I think Ramirez should be a lock for the 4th spot. Which leaves us with Hultzen/Noesi for the 5th spot, assuming we don't make a signing, I wouldn't mind Floyd, but I'm not sure the Sox let him walk.

I'm always in favor of delaying Hultzen's clock, but like Pineda, this organization isn't afraid to start a players clock if they feel it is necessary...

Kempes

#JDI
Eagles27

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkman98272 wrote:
So hoping/assuming we resign Iwakuma, I could see us starting next year a rotation of Felix, Iwakuma and Beavan.

I think Ramirez should be a lock for the 4th spot. Which leaves us with Hultzen/Noesi for the 5th spot, assuming we don't make a signing, I wouldn't mind Floyd, but I'm not sure the Sox let him walk.

I'm always in favor of delaying Hultzen's clock, but like Pineda, this organization isn't afraid to start a players clock if they feel it is necessary...

Signing Iwakuma should definitely be a top priority for the FO. Though I think the only locks for the 2013 rotation should be Felix, Iwakuma, (assuming he does indeed return) & Ramirez. And I really don't think Hultzen or Noesi are legitimate options out of spring unless either makes a ton of progress over the offseason. Add a #3 starter, get rid of Vargas, and make Beavan earn the 5th spot.

As far as free agents go... Gavin Floyd would be nice, but I doubt the White Sox decline his option. (9.5 is pretty reasonable) Some of the pitchers I hope we look at are:

Joe Blanton
Brandon McCarthy
Francisco Liriano

As far as hitters go, it really depends on who ends up getting Type A status. Giving up our first round pick shouldn't be an option for this organization. We need a right fielder & catcher at the very least; and depending on the budget, a 1B/DH as well.

Really interested to see how the FO approaches this offseason. I don't expect any splashes, but do anticipate at least a couple solid additions.

#JDI
Sacks98

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Three quarters of the way through a disappointing four-year contract, Chone Figgins wants out of Seattle. The 34-year-old utility player told John Hickey of SportsPressNW.com that he’d prefer not to play for the Mariners any longer (Twitter link).

"I can't take two more years of this," Figgins said.

Figgins' four-year, $36MM contract includes an $8MM salary in 2013 and a $9MM vesting option for 2014. He appeared in 66 games this year, posting a .181/.262/.271 batting line in 194 plate appearances. Figgins played third base and all three outfield positions, but appeared in Just four games from September on.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/10/figgins-wants-out-of-seattle.html

Lol can't believe he just said this.

Quote:
Mariners announce hitting coach Chris Chambliss will not return for 2013

https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/253910926867177472
Eagles27

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 years?

lol if we thinks he has any chance of having his 2014 option vesting.

#JDI
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob Engle is leaving the team, possible retirement.

Huge loss to us. Our international advantage is now over, although MLB kind of started it for us with the cap on IFA.

Kempes

#JDI
Sacks98

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkman98272 wrote:
Bob Engle is leaving the team, possible retirement.

Huge loss to us. Our international advantage is now over, although MLB kind of started it for us with the cap on IFA.

Sounds like they were trying to push him out.

Quote:
In a phone interview with the Seattle Times’ Larry Stone, Engle hinted at a push out the door from the Mariners.

“Sometimes, organizations want to change or re-align,” he said. “Perhaps it was time for them. It’s a perfect time to step back and step away for a little.”

http://mariners.sportspressnw.com/2012/10/top-scout-engle-and-no-1-aide-leaving-mariners/
Eagles27

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ussmariner.com/2012/10/09/daves-2013-off-season-plan/

Cameron's offseason plan.

Not really hot on the idea of giving Swisher that many years, but otherwise it seems pretty reasonable.

#JDI
Eagles27

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://prospectinsider.com/view/ownership-change-may-be-closer/?PHPSESSID=7415bc3ad87c58df1f515e85bdec7f6a

#JDI
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@ProspectInsider: Source tells me M's working pretty hard on an extension for King Felix. May have something done right before or right after World Series.

So in other words, he's gonna be a Mariner for a while. Very Happy

Kempes

#JDI
Sacks98

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkman98272 wrote:
Quote:
@ProspectInsider: Source tells me M's working pretty hard on an extension for King Felix. May have something done right before or right after World Series.

So in other words, he's gonna be a Mariner for a while. Very Happy

Phew thought that with the ownership trying to sell the team we may not hand out big contracts, I don't have anything factual about them trying to sell the team just assuming.
Eagles27

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No more Olivo. Cool

Kawasaki is gone as well.

#JDI
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any fan favortites for our pick yet? I'm hoping for Justin Williams, I really like his power potential and it won't really be affected by the ballparks.

I'm always good for a bat anyways, haha

Kempes

#JDI
Sacks98

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Geoff Baker of The Seattle Times notes that the Royals have been heavily scouting Mariners left-handed pitching prospect James Paxton in the Arizona Fall League. Dutton wonders if the two teams could work out a trade involving one of Kansas City's bats given Seattle's need for offense.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/seattle_mariners/index.html#jJuKHg5zwQwDShCT.99

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 58 of 99

Jump to: