Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casey has been an absolute monSTAR in run defense this year.

Our DTs in regards to pass rush, however, well...uh......

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
ThatTitansFan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't understand why you guys are so eager to go gung-ho on defensive players.
I've said this before, and I'll say it again. No defense can succeed when they're on the field 40 minutes a game. 2/3rds of every game.
It's easy to look at the points scored against us and say we need to get nothing but defense. But until we actually end a game even in time of possession, my opinion is out on the defense
(Well, the players. Gray is a complete disappointment.)
Wimbley and Babinauex are the only players on our defense over the age of 27 (maybe Griffin is right at that age?). Martin is a rookie, Marks is 3rd year (and still hobbled a little), Casey and Klug are second year. Who are we going to cut? Marks? He looked pretty freaking good before he got injured.

Look, if Star is there, then yes, we almost have to pick him. But it's clear to me that we need #1. Interior Oline (and Stewart is starting to make me think we need a new RT) #2. Defensive End (if you all have noticed, Morgan and Wimbley are playing 90% of our defensive end snaps- how the heck are you going to have a pass rush with that sort of usage) #3. Someone, anyone else at RB (yeah he had a great game against the Texans, but he honestly doesn't have his head on straight anymore).

I'm guessing we take BPA on Dline first round (hopefully that's a defensive end). After that, I'm honestly of the opinion we should just take OL/RB, OL/RB, OL/DE, OL/DE/DT, etc.

Honestly, draft a friggin Olineman in every damn round. Roos is the only above average lineman this year since Stew decided to start having 2 false starts and a personal foul every game.

Chance Warmack would be a godsend. If there isn't a top level DE or DT available, I don't care what the value is. Just take a guy who can freaking maul on the inside.

And yes, Griffin is still just an average player. But I'm hopeful that once Taylor Thompson has healed up he can bring in a little competition.

Oh, and we have a massive amount of cap space (and Hass's 6 mil a year will be gone). We should have spent that this offseason on a goddamn center, so let's grab the best guard or center, or DE, or RB.
s_camp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatTitansFan wrote:
I honestly don't understand why you guys are so eager to go gung-ho on defensive players.
I've said this before, and I'll say it again. No defense can succeed when they're on the field 40 minutes a game. 2/3rds of every game.
It's easy to look at the points scored against us and say we need to get nothing but defense. But until we actually end a game even in time of possession, my opinion is out on the defense
(Well, the players. Gray is a complete disappointment.)
Wimbley and Babinauex are the only players on our defense over the age of 27 (maybe Griffin is right at that age?). Martin is a rookie, Marks is 3rd year (and still hobbled a little), Casey and Klug are second year. Who are we going to cut? Marks? He looked pretty freaking good before he got injured.

Look, if Star is there, then yes, we almost have to pick him. But it's clear to me that we need #1. Interior Oline (and Stewart is starting to make me think we need a new RT) #2. Defensive End (if you all have noticed, Morgan and Wimbley are playing 90% of our defensive end snaps- how the heck are you going to have a pass rush with that sort of usage) #3. Someone, anyone else at RB (yeah he had a great game against the Texans, but he honestly doesn't have his head on straight anymore).

I'm guessing we take BPA on Dline first round (hopefully that's a defensive end). After that, I'm honestly of the opinion we should just take OL/RB, OL/RB, OL/DE, OL/DE/DT, etc.

Honestly, draft a friggin Olineman in every damn round. Roos is the only above average lineman this year since Stew decided to start having 2 false starts and a personal foul every game.

Chance Warmack would be a godsend. If there isn't a top level DE or DT available, I don't care what the value is. Just take a guy who can freaking maul on the inside.

And yes, Griffin is still just an average player. But I'm hopeful that once Taylor Thompson has healed up he can bring in a little competition.

Oh, and we have a massive amount of cap space (and Hass's 6 mil a year will be gone). We should have spent that this offseason on a goddamn center, so let's grab the best guard or center, or DE, or RB.

They're averaging right at 36 minutes on the field every game, but the problem is that there's no pass rush and no tackling even in the first quarter. Even on the first drive, for that matter. ToP is an excuse for a defense that's just playing really, really bad right now.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think wanting more defense is kinda saying we need to add as much talent on the defense if our offense is going to struggle like it does.

If things are going to stay the course on offense then we need more defensive talent to stop our offensive bleeding...

Saying that:
I want Jarvis Jones if he is there.
or
Star from Utah
or
Mingo/Montgomery from LSU
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOP works 2 ways... the offense has to stay on the field and let the defense rest... and the D has to get off the field and let the offense try to get into a rhythm...

O can't get into a rhythm cuz the D can't get off the field...
D can't get off the field cuz the O can't get into a rhythm...

Its the "I'm fat because I'm depressed, and I'm depressed because I'm fat" routine... just one vicious cycle... and no one is taking control... just pawning it off on one another... while the coaching staff sits idly, waiting for someone who knows what they're doing to do something... anything...

The turn around has to start with Locker... no one else has the balls to step up...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only game this season we've given up more points in the first half than second is against the Pats, and that's because they pulled starters. 25 points to Detroit in the 4th. 14 to San Diego in the 4th (and another 7 at the end of the third). 17 to Houston in the last 20 minutes. 7 to the Vikings in the 4th, but another 7 at the end of the third.

Look at the scoring distribution against us. We give up points in bunches really early (because Gray has no clue how to actually scheme) and then a ton from late third quarter onward.

Our defensive personnel isn't bad. Gray has no clue what he's doing, and in the 4th quarter they're so damn tired we can't stop anyone.

If we could run the ball at all, we might stand a chance. But the offense is putting up no points, continuously giving short fields (thanks Hass), and can't stay on the field. And that is due to personnel- A RB that has no idea what he's doing anymore, and an OLine that apparently never learned how to run block.
prozac77

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda bored and doing some looking around. Out of 25 players drafted in the past 3 draft classes(2010,2011,2012), only 8 were offensive players.

Really hope this draft is the one they decide to pick up some offensive linemen. And not go cheap on it. Invest a second or third rounder in an interior linemen. They need young talent on the line.

Roos is 30 and not near the blocker he used to be, particularly in the running game. He is still capable of starting however. Hutchinson is 34 is nothing more than average. Velasco is younger but I don't know if he is the answer at center. My most memorable plays of him are not good ones. Leroy Harris. Enough said. David Stewart is 30. He seems like he has taken a step back but we all love the attitude he brings. They'll get Amano back next year but he is nothing to get excited about. I think Michael Otto is pretty underrated. He looked good when he came in for Stewart last year if I remember correctly. Then again, so did Leroy and so did Velasco.

As stubborn as Munchak is about the O-line, he has to realize that now is the time for a youth movement right?
Man I hope he does.

If I had it my way, this is how they would draft (at this rate they're picking top 5):

Round 1: Best player available. Someone who can go in and contribute immediately. Defensive line is the most probable with the way this class is stacking up. (Mingo, Montgomery, Hankins, Lotulelei, Werner, Jarvis Jones maybe?)

Round 2: Safety. I can't take it anymore. You can't take it anymore. Get someone back there that can play ball. Someone like TJ McDonald or Robert Lester should be available here.

Round 3: OL. I've read on some draft forums that this is a pretty good year for interior line.

Round 4: OL again.

Round 5: WR/RB. Don't know what's gonna happen with CJ after this season but ain't looking to good for him.

I can't remember which pick they traded away but I'll do them both anyways
Round 6: DL. Depth.

Round 7: OL. Why not.
JerseyTitan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's say we get a top 5 pick, and Jarvis Jones, Star, Werner, Mingo, Jonathan Hankins, and Sam Montgomery are all still available, who would you want us to pick? Who should we pick? Who would improve our team (defense) the most?
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseyTitan wrote:
Let's say we get a top 5 pick, and Jarvis Jones, Star, Werner, Mingo, Jonathan Hankins, and Sam Montgomery are all still available, who would you want us to pick? Who should we pick? Who would improve our team (defense) the most?

Star or Werner. I like Jones A LOT but he's a luxury pick at that point. Star would be the pick in my mind no questions asked but this FO will probably semi botch it by taking Werner or completely botch it by picking Robert Woods.

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
ThatTitansFan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvis Jones will not be a top 10 pick. Obviously the talent is there, but no one is spending a top 10 pick on a guy with a spinal problem.
Anyways, Star has to be the pick. He's such a can't miss prospect at DT. Otherwise, Montgomery. Mingo is too small, and we already have that dedicated speed rusher filled with Wimbley. Getting a top level all around DE would be more beneficial.
Anyways, I think we surprise the world and take Jake Matthews! Then put him in at RG and groom him to take over a tackle spot. Then take the highest rated center in the second. Then the highest rated guard remaining in the third, to replace Hutch in 2014.
JerseyTitan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatTitansFan wrote:
Jarvis Jones will not be a top 10 pick. Obviously the talent is there, but no one is spending a top 10 pick on a guy with a spinal problem.
Anyways, Star has to be the pick. He's such a can't miss prospect at DT. Otherwise, Montgomery. Mingo is too small, and we already have that dedicated speed rusher filled with Wimbley. Getting a top level all around DE would be more beneficial.
Anyways, I think we surprise the world and take Jake Matthews! Then put him in at RG and groom him to take over a tackle spot. Then take the highest rated center in the second. Then the highest rated guard remaining in the third, to replace Hutch in 2014.

Wow, not many people know about his spinal injury (the real reason he transferred from USC). While the injury is definitely a red flag to me, it hasn't stopped a lot of the draft "experts" from putting him in their top 5 overall players (and sometimes #1 overall)
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseyTitan wrote:
ThatTitansFan wrote:

Wow, not many people know about his spinal injury (the real reason he transferred from USC). While the injury is definitely a red flag to me, it hasn't stopped a lot of the draft "experts" from putting him in their top 5 overall players (and sometimes #1 overall)

Robert Quinn has an inoperable brain tumor and is one freak hit away from death yet he was still a top 10 pick.

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
Ockham

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Roos and Stewart have been looking below average this year. I keep seeing that "in the grasp" sack of Hasselbeck in Vikings game. Both Roos and Stewart let their man run right around them like they weren't there.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000077958/Vikings-defense-sack-8-yd-loss

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
lamont

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ockham wrote:
Both Roos and Stewart have been looking below average this year. I keep seeing that "in the grasp" sack of Hasselbeck in Vikings game. Both Roos and Stewart let their man run right around them like they weren't there.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000077958/Vikings-defense-sack-8-yd-loss

I think they could get a few more years from stewart inside at guard. Let Harris walk this offseason. I would like to see what Otto & Stingley have at OT, before going drafting 2 OTs again, like the year they took Roos & Stewart together. It would be nice to find 2 bookend tackles this year, but I doubt that they will find them in this upcoming class.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
justing101

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a DE, FS, OG, C, RB, CB, and OT. Thats all really. Laughing

1. Barkevious Mingo -DE
2. Barrett Jones - OG

I would love this as our first 2 picks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: