Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Harvin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ockham

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Harvin Reply with quote

"Harvin’s second score put the seal on this one, a highlight-reel catch and run to add to his already-impressive collection of video clips. Grabbing a quick pass at the line of scrimmage -- it’s called a “bubble” screen play -- Harvin used the same hesitation move twice to get overeager defenders to fly past him before bouncing into the end zone. He said afterward some of the Titans players were pleading with him to slow down.".

Whoever that was should be benched.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
titans0021

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that bothered me more than anything while I was at the game was watching us continually play our corners 10 yards off of him. Just free release after free release at the line as he torched us. We have two corners that should, in theory, be strong in press coverage but Harvin was able to just have his way at the LOS over and over again. Granted, it's not anything new, but being to watch it live really just drove me insane.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, did he say this with the sound of somebody exaggerating for effect? Were the Titans players just using a roundabout way to compliment his speed? Seems hard to judge without context.
Titanium

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
I dunno, did he say this with the sound of somebody exaggerating for effect? Were the Titans players just using a roundabout way to compliment his speed? Seems hard to judge without context.

Agree.

He had to have been BS'ing or exaggerating. I can't see anyone ever "pleading" with an opponent to "slow down".
Finnerception

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why didn't he listen?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
The thing that bothered me more than anything while I was at the game was watching us continually play our corners 10 yards off of him. Just free release after free release at the line as he torched us. We have two corners that should, in theory, be strong in press coverage but Harvin was able to just have his way at the LOS over and over again. Granted, it's not anything new, but being to watch it live really just drove me insane.

That bothered you at the game? Hell that's been driving me nuts for the better part of a decade now. What is it about the Titans that makes us keep subjecting ourselves to the same flawed defense over and over again? I still think the organization is in debt with the mob. I can't believe Bud Adams himself is watching this week after week and not raising Hell or asking questions about this ongoing embarrassment.
titans0021

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^
Oh yeah, it's been that way for a while. But to be able to just concentrate on Harvin while at the game allowed me to see just how ridiculous it looks, rather than relying on the limited camera angles on TV.

It's something we've all complained about, but seeing it live made me so baffled as to how they could continue to allow it to happen over and over and over and over.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:

Well, since our poor tackling has been exposed, I expect many teams to run bubble screens on us while they continue to run 10 yds deep. Hello Emanuel Sanders, Antonio Brown, Mike Wallace. Speedy WR against us = Crying or Very sad

Not to mention Heath Miller over the middle and Mendenhall is back.

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: “I’m mad at the fact they’ve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."

RIP Stylish313
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
^^^^
Oh yeah, it's been that way for a while. But to be able to just concentrate on Harvin while at the game allowed me to see just how ridiculous it looks, rather than relying on the limited camera angles on TV.

It's something we've all complained about, but seeing it live made me so baffled as to how they could continue to allow it to happen over and over and over and over.

Our coaches blow. It's a well-known fact.

I kinda hope we continue this sucking all season long, to force Adams to fire everyone.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Titanium

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
^^^^

I kinda hope we continue this sucking all season long, to force Adams to fire everyone.

Sadly enough, I feel the same way.
justing101

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titanium wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
^^^^

Sadly enough, I feel the same way.

As do I Sad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coleman51 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

Well, since our poor tackling has been exposed, I expect many teams to run bubble screens on us while they continue to run 10 yds deep. Hello Emanuel Sanders, Antonio Brown, Mike Wallace. Speedy WR against us = Crying or Very sad

Not to mention Heath Miller over the middle and Mendenhall is back.

It's awful that you can just predict where they are able to beat us just based on our coaches refusing to change the scheme. We got lucky the Steelers missed several opportunitys, because the bubble screen and Miller over the middle was open on every play all night long.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: