Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings 2013 NFL Draft Database
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 101, 102, 103  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AP_ALL_DAY_28 wrote:
If Justin Hunter or Keenan Allen are not available than I think they should draft Kawann Short or John Jenkins.

Than in the 2nd draft TJ McDonald, Kenny Vaccaro, Tony Jefferson.

And finally instead of trading back up into the 1st like others have brought up they should trade up into the 2nd and take Terrance Williams, Da'Rick Rogers, Marquess Wilson, Cordarrelle Patterson, Cobi Hamilton, DeAndre Hopkins.

For example, say we're picking 20th (R1), 52nd (R2), if we wanted to acquire say pick 60 in addition, we would have to give up:

Pick 60 -- 300points

(3rd) -- 84 -- 170 points
(4th) -- 116 -- 62 points
(4th -Det*) -- 106 -- 82 points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the gm is the genius you are all saying, and the team is so great, they should be dealing quantity for quality......
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
If the gm is the genius you are all saying, and the team is so great, they should be dealing quantity for quality......

If your GM drafts well, it should be the other way around. If your confident in your ability to find starters anywhere in the draft, you will be more prone to trading high picks (quality) for low picks (quantity).
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:

I have no problem with trading up.
Just putting out the details needed in a trade up.

Honestly, I would welcome that kind of trade up.
If we picked, 20th, 52nd and 60th I would consider it a successful trade (to get the 60th) assuming we think there is GREAT value in that 60th pick.

Great value to me would equate to Rick thinking the prospect is a Day 1 starter at a position of need, playing at an above average rate.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
PrplChilPill wrote:

If your GM drafts well, it should be the other way around. If your confident in your ability to find starters anywhere in the draft, you will be more prone to trading high picks (quality) for low picks (quantity).

except there supposedly isn't room on this roster for 6 or more new players....so I say it is the opposite if what you say.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
PrplChilPill wrote:

except there supposedly isn't room on this roster for 6 or more new players....so I say it is the opposite if what you say.

How can u determine that? We still need to go through free agency and resigning players before we can determine exactly how many players we have/need.

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
Freakout

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
PrplChilPill wrote:

You are always looking to improve even if that means cutting players that might be decent depth guys.

Reed, Evans, Ballard, LB depth, DB depth - this defense may be playing well but the depth isn't great.

Starting WR's and Offensive line depth is even worse.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
I would be very happy with McDonald in round 1. The Safety spot is integral for a defense, and we are seeing that with how well Harrison Smith has played.

I like the idea of going with a DB in round 1. After the past decade of getting generally poor DB play, is exciting thinking about the prospects of a stacked and young secondary.

I can't find it now, but last night I was reading how when Frazier and Williams went with Dungy to Indy, they revamped the secondary. Me thinks they might dothat here too.

Oh, found it...

Quote:
As for Williams, Dungy said Frazier and Williams worked well together for two years in Indianapolis and played a big part in developing some star defensive players.

"Bob Sanders, Marlin Jackson, Kelvin Hayden were some young defensive backs that helped us go to the Super Bowl," Dungy said. "Alan really did a great job of developing. He's a good teacher. I think he's going to do great things [for the Vikings].

"When we got [to Indianapolis], we kind of revamped the secondary. We had some veteran guys -- Nick Harper was kind of our standout -- but every year, we drafted guys and by the time we got to the Super Bowl definitely Bob Sanders and Mike Doss were really young guys, Big Ten guys, Iowa and Ohio State, and Alan did a good job of developing them.

"[In 2005,] the year before we got to the Super Bowl, we drafted Marlin Jackson and Kelvin Hayden No. 1 and No. 2, Marlin was at Michigan and Kelvin was from Illinois, so we had kind of an All-Big Ten secondary, and they were all young guys, and Alan did a great job of turning them into a Super Bowl-winning unit."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/166491566.html
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think it.....the phrase at the beginning of my statement was pretty clear on that. People ate talking about a team with few holes. And how the gm can do no wrong in the draft. If it is a team with no holes, they do not need 7 new players.

I believe there are holes, but I also believe you are hard presses to find starters past round 3, which many of you all said when some criticized the later round picks, so please do not try to have it both ways.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
People are talking about... how the gm can do no wrong in the draft.

PrplChilPill wrote:
If the gm is the genius you are all saying, and the team is so great..

please stop exaggerating for effect and putting statements wholesale in to others' mouths. it's beneath you and your intelligence.

from what i've read from guys here, they are congratulating Spielman for what looks like to be a strong draft on his part. no one is using the absolute language and phrases that you credit (or perhaps discredit) them for.

PrplChilPill wrote:
I also believe you are hard pressed to find starters past round 3

Everson Griffen, Fusco, Mistral Raymond, and Blair Walsh come to mind, off the top of my head. Griffen isn't technically a starter, but that's only because it's tough to find the right slot to put him in.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
PrplChilPill wrote:
People are talking about... how the gm can do no wrong in the draft.

PrplChilPill wrote:
If the gm is the genius you are all saying, and the team is so great..

please stop exaggerating for effect and putting statements wholesale in to others' mouths. it's beneath you and your intelligence.

from what i've read from guys here, they are congratulating Spielman for what looks like to be a strong draft on his part. no one is using the absolute language and phrases that you credit (or perhaps discredit) them for.

PrplChilPill wrote:

Everson Griffen, Fusco, Mistral Raymond, and Blair Walsh come to mind, off the top of my head. Griffen isn't technically a starter, but that's only because it's tough to find the right slot to put him in.

to be fair to me, it was clearly stated in at least two recent threads that the team has "no holes", or "few, if any, holes". So yes, people are saying that.

As for your examples, well, you only need 1 kicker. And Raymond is a starter because they have no good option at that position, right? As for Fusco, the jury is still out on his effectiveness, but yes, he is a starter.

Do you think there is room for 6 new starters on this roster? Would any be filled by FAs? I'd rather have 4 picks in the first three rounds, than 7 picks.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ No holes, where was that said?
Kellerman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not even the biggest homer says we have no holes.

I'm a homer, holes are:

WR
S
DT
LB
DE
OG/OT

#97 Everson Griffin: 27 tackles : 5.5 sacks : 1 FF ; 16 games played
LostRoadStone

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
PrplChilPill wrote:

John Sullivan - 6th round
Brandon Fusco - 6th round
Everson Griffen - 4th round
Letroy Guion - 5th round
Brian Robison - 4th round
Jasper Brinkley - 5th Round
Erin Henderson - Undrafted
Mistral Raymond - 6th round
Jamarca Sanford - 7th round
Blair Walsh - 6th round

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
^ No holes, where was that said?

I think it was the game day thread, i'd have to dig to find it if you really want.

This is silly anyway, as I never said that....

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
Page 31 of 103

Jump to: