Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6 GDT: Green Bay Packers vs Houston Texans
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Week 6 GDT: Green Bay Packers vs Houston Texans Reply with quote

vs

When: Sunday, 10/14/2012
Where: Reliant Stadium
Time: 7:20 PM CT
Channel:

Overview:
For the first time in franchise history the Houston Texans will make their debut on Sunday night football on NBC. The Texans are coming off a 23-17 win against the New York Jets and are now 5-0 on the season. One of the big stories from the Monday night football game is that Brian Cushing, could be out for the season. Tim Dobbins is likely the replacement starter in place of Cushing.
The Green Bay Packers are coming off a 30-27 loss to the Indianapolis Colts. They gave up a game winning touchdown to Andrew Luck. Green Bay currently stands at 2-3 on the season. The Packers are dealing with injuries also. WR Greg Jennings is injured and no word is to whether or not he will play Sunday night. Free agent acquisition RB Cedric Benson is out 8 weeks so the Packers will have to rely on former starter James Starks who is coming off an injury and rookie Alex Green.

Position comparisons
QB-Packers
RB-Texans
WR-Push
TE-Texans
OL-Texans
DL-Texans
LB-Packers
CB-Packers
S-Push

TF713's fantasy tips:

1. Pick up James Jones: Aaron Rodgers has formed a nice chemistry with the receiver since Jennings hasn't been playing. He is coming off 2 touchdown game last week and has 4 touchdowns in his last 2 games. If he is available in your league pick him up. Especially if Jennings isn't playing this week.

2. Do not start Jermichael Finley: I just don't buy the Finley hype. He was a fantasy disappointment last year and it looks like he is on his way to becoming one this year. He has yet to find the endzone since week 1 of the season and he made it a habit of dropping balls. Cushing is out for the Texans so our pass d might take a hit, but I still wouldnt start him.

3. If you have Owen Daniels start him: He currently leads the team in targets and receptions AND he has a touchdown in 3 straight games. I would start him with confidence.

Injuries report (more to come):
Texans-
ILB Brian Cushing (out for season)
WR LeStar Jean- Probable
RB Ben Tate- Probable
S Quintin Demps- Outs

Packers-
WR Greg Jennings-Out
RB Cedric Benson (out 8 weeks)
NT BJ Raji- Questionable
JerMichael Finley- Questionable

Keys:

1. Get pressure on Aaron Rodgers. The Packers as we know like to sling the ball around. We have to make Rodgers uncomfortable in the pocket and make him make bad decisions.

2. Convert our redzone opportunities into touchdowns. We were fortunate to come out of New York with a win when we didn't do a good job in the redzone. We can't kick FG's against the Packers.

Overall I think this will be a tough game. Even though the Packers are 2-3 on the season, they are still a pretty good team and will be playing hard Sunday.

Texans: 24
Packers: 20

Last edited by Texansfan713 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add Raji to the injury report, he hurt his ankle this weekend.

I think our crowd will give us an edge this week, should be an amazing atmosphere.

Key matchup JJ Watt v Bulaga - Watt should dominate him since he has slow regressed since his rookie year.

Our DB's are going to have to play ALOT better this week.

Glad Nolan got the reps at 3rd Saftey last night.

I dont like making predictions but it should be close and I wouldnt be surprised if we lose.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
48 tot, 1 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Key matchup JJ Watt v Bulaga - Watt should dominate him since he has slow regressed since his rookie year.

While I don't look forward to watching this matchup, the bolded is wrong wrong wrong. Bulaga was mediocre his rookie year, played great last year and going into the 2012 season he was one of the better young offensive linemen in football.

But 2012.......it wasn't a slow regression - it was a mud slide. He has problems vs speed rushers especially....which is odd. He played very good football for us last year. I was expecting our OL to be pretty good with Lang/Sitton/Bulaga for the next few years.

Sig brought to you by Justo
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Written in response to AX2's wtf happened last night thread...

I agree on ALL fronts, but will add that this is EXACTLY the type of game we used to lose (and did to the Jets in 2010). If you remember that pathetic game, we went up by 1 with an Arian Foster TD at 2:18. Kevin Bentley intercepted Sanchez 2 plays later and returned it to the 10 with everyone heading out of the stands. Kubiak ran Foster into the pile on 3 straight plays taking :47 total seconds off the clock and settling for a field goal to go up 27-23. Sanchez took them down the field 67 yards in 3 plays in :45 seconds beating Quin then Allen/Wilson and then Quin again.

I'd love to give the Texans kudos for being a completely different team, but the simple fact is that JJ Watt-happened and that was the sole difference between winning and losing along with Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards not being around for the final drive and Ryan calling a desperate game with poor fundamentals like the onside kick. Kubiak remains AWFUL at killing a clock as there is absolutely no freakin excuse for us being exposed to a punt return or block and for the Jets to get the ball back after an interception inside the 2 minute warning when they had only 1 time out left.

Last night was FAR too close for comfort thanks to some abysmal special teams play and AJ merely taking up space out there on almost every down. Joseph was a mess and we better get something figured out quickly as Nelson, Jones, and Cobb, dwarf those arena league receivers we played this week and Rodgers comp % is a mere 20 points higher than Sanchez. It's a W, but the Packers and Ravens aren't the Jets who I have slated for a top 10 pick.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
amazingandre

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:

I agree on ALL fronts, but will add that this is EXACTLY the type of game we used to lose (and did to the Jets in 2010). If you remember that pathetic game, we went up by 1 with an Arian Foster TD at 2:18. Kevin Bentley intercepted Sanchez 2 plays later and returned it to the 10 with everyone heading out of the stands. Kubiak ran Foster into the pile on 3 straight plays taking :47 total seconds off the clock and settling for a field goal to go up 27-23. Sanchez took them down the field 67 yards in 3 plays in :45 seconds beating Quin then Allen/Wilson and then Quin again.

I'd love to give the Texans kudos for being a completely different team, but the simple fact is that JJ Watt-happened and that was the sole difference between winning and losing along with Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards not being around for the final drive and Ryan calling a desperate game with poor fundamentals like the onside kick. Kubiak remains AWFUL at killing a clock as there is absolutely no freakin excuse for us being exposed to a punt return or block and for the Jets to get the ball back after an interception inside the 2 minute warning when they had only 1 time out left.

Last night was FAR too close for comfort thanks to some abysmal special teams play and AJ merely taking up space out there on almost every down. Joseph was a mess and we better get something figured out quickly as Nelson, Jones, and Cobb, dwarf those arena league receivers we played this week and Rodgers comp % is a mere 20 points higher than Sanchez. It's a W, but the Packers and Ravens aren't the Jets who I have slated for a top 10 pick.

IDK where to even discuss this anymore

I am excited for this game, although the Jets game makes me 10000 times more nervous about losing the next TWO GAMES. I will be battling co-workers all week about this Packers game
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:

In the thread you started, silly. Very Happy

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
kenney

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually curious if this game could lead to Wade contriving some crazy "quarter" or "dollar" package where we're basically playing four or five down linemen and everyone else on the field is a defensive back.
Pugger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:

I am excited for this game, although the Jets game makes me 10000 times more nervous about losing the next TWO GAMES. I will be battling co-workers all week about this Packers game

I suspect you aren't gonna get a lot of arguments from your co-workers in WI. Most Packer fans are bracing for another L and are praying we get out of town in one piece.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everyone needs to calm down a little. We are a great team. Sometimes great teams have bad games. In the previous 4 games the players all played well basically, but the playcalling was suspect most of the game. I think the difference in this game was that the players played not as well to go along with bad playcalling. I swear Kubiaks playcalling is going to cost us a game one of these weeks. It really is mind boggling what he calls sometimes. It's just like WTF ARE YOU DOING?! And his kill the clock playcalling is the most pathetic. It is so predictable and we consisntely give teams 2nd chances because we are incapable of successfully running out the clock. The defense knows what coming and we don't change a thing. Keep them on their toes. They have 8 in the box, do a play action, a scree, just something that will keep them on their toes and keep them honest.

But everyone just needs to calm down a little. Players are human. They can have bad games. They aren't robots programmed to play the game of football mistake free. Do you think they don't know they didn't play their best? Every team in the league are going to have bad games, it just depends on how they come back from them. We got the win. It's time to move on and focus on GB.

Texans win 31-17.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco79 wrote:
I think everyone needs to calm down a little. We are a great team. Sometimes great teams have bad games. In the previous 4 games the players all played well basically, but the playcalling was suspect most of the game. I think the difference in this game was that the players played not as well to go along with bad playcalling. I swear Kubiaks playcalling is going to cost us a game one of these weeks. It really is mind boggling what he calls sometimes. It's just like WTF ARE YOU DOING?! And his kill the clock playcalling is the most pathetic. It is so predictable and we consisntely give teams 2nd chances because we are incapable of successfully running out the clock. The defense knows what coming and we don't change a thing. Keep them on their toes. They have 8 in the box, do a play action, a scree, just something that will keep them on their toes and keep them honest.

But everyone just needs to calm down a little. Players are human. They can have bad games. They aren't robots programmed to play the game of football mistake free. Do you think they don't know they didn't play their best? Every team in the league are going to have bad games, it just depends on how they come back from them. We got the win. It's time to move on and focus on GB.

Texans win 31-17.

Yup and when its incomplete and the clock stops EVERYONE on this board will EXPLODE in a rage of anger. I hate it too, but you run the ball and try to get a first down to end the game. Every team does it and its the smart (boring) way to do it. Especially when you have a defense like ours.
DreDay80

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Andre Johnson doesn't get back to form I see us losing this game.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one has beatdown written all over it. The Packers had bad luck in the Seattle game, had young Luck in the loss to Indy, and it isn't as if this team doesn't have the talent level to completely bludgeon the skull in of any team it faces; They are less than a year removed from 15-1, with the NFL MVP under center, throwing to a group of WRs that is arguably the best WR unit in the NFL right now (which is why I am HIGHLY questioning WR as a "Push" for this one; I'd take Jordy Nelson, James Jones or Randall Cobb over anyone not Andre Johnson, and would even consider Nelson/Jones OVER Johnson with the way he's been playing lately...)

All in all, the Texans have some flaws, and that was made clear yesterday. I really see Cobb taking at least one to the house, whether it be a KR TD or a PR TD. That will give Aaron Rodgers and Co enough breathing room to play their game, which is akin to playing Madden on "Rookie" setting with their passing game. Even if JJ Watt makes himself known, Rodgers has the speed and the quick release to nullify his onslaught, and if Nelson gets into a groove early on either CB, we're in for a long day.

I'm gonna go on record and say Packers 28 - 14.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
kenney

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
This one has beatdown written all over it. The Packers had bad luck in the Seattle game, had young Luck in the loss to Indy, and it isn't as if this team doesn't have the talent level to completely bludgeon the skull in of any team it faces; They are less than a year removed from 15-1, with the NFL MVP under center, throwing to a group of WRs that is arguably the best WR unit in the NFL right now (which is why I am HIGHLY questioning WR as a "Push" for this one; I'd take Jordy Nelson, James Jones or Randall Cobb over anyone not Andre Johnson, and would even consider Nelson/Jones OVER Johnson with the way he's been playing lately...)

All in all, the Texans have some flaws, and that was made clear yesterday. I really see Cobb taking at least one to the house, whether it be a KR TD or a PR TD. That will give Aaron Rodgers and Co enough breathing room to play their game, which is akin to playing Madden on "Rookie" setting with their passing game. Even if JJ Watt makes himself known, Rodgers has the speed and the quick release to nullify his onslaught, and if Nelson gets into a groove early on either CB, we're in for a long day.

I can't tell, is this one of those "ET Mojo" predictions or what you really think? Because if it's the former, they're not as funny when I confuse them with the latter.
Marco79

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yup and when its incomplete and the clock stops EVERYONE on this board will EXPLODE in a rage of anger. I hate it too, but you run the ball and try to get a first down to end the game. Every team does it and its the smart (boring) way to do it. Especially when you have a defense like ours.

I would rather take a chance for an incompletion with a (SAFE) pass play that has a high conversion rate than knowingly run the ball into the pile for no gain.

But I was talking about more when there is like 6 minutes left or even in the beginning of the 4th quarter and we continue get no gains instead of trying to catch the defense off guard. We start running out the clock WAY too early.

EDIT: Also I am not saying this because i think running out the clock is boring and I wanna see some exciting plays. IF we could run out the clock effectively I would definitely be all for running the ball like we do, but we haven't so far this year.

Also our ability to do this comes with our faith in Matt Schaub. He is one of the safest QBs in the league I trust him not to be stupid and force a pass or take a stupid sack by holding onto the ball too long. If we had TJ Yates starting for us it'd be a different story. (Love his potential, but forces so many passes)
Marco79

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:

I can't tell, is this one of those "ET Mojo" predictions or what you really think? Because if it's the former, they're not as funny when I confuse them with the latter.

Agreed Laughing

Perhaps it's a mix.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: