Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brian Cushing Torn ACL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few options to consider on the trade front are Dan Connor who rides the bench in Dallas and Will Witherspoon who just got benched by Tenn. Brandon Siler is collecting dust in KC. Best solution would be Jon Beason in Carolina as it's clear to everyone but him that that's Luke Kuechly's team now. Health is a concern, but if you couple his possible availability, with Carolina being 4 games behind Atlanta, with the fact he starred at the U and you've got to think Rick Smith would be on the horn trying to make this happen. Compensation will likely be a future pick, but Harris is also a carrot that might fetch a return (sorry Ball or Carmichael aren't going to draw any response). Tate should not be moved as I think we really missed his change of pace last night.

BTW - Brian Braman is also another ILB candidate who is a bit of a Cushing clone that is worth getting on the field more. Nading remains useless as always...

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
amazingandre

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't we put Cushing on the IR but where he can come back later? In case we make the super bowl of course Very Happy

unless thats not enough time for him to heal.... Sad
kenney

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Can't we put Cushing on the IR but where he can come back later? In case we make the super bowl of course Very Happy

Unless it was an extremely minor partial tear, there's almost no way he could have it surgically repaired, rehab it, and then come back in 8 weeks.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

Unless it was an extremely minor partial tear, there's almost no way he could have it surgically repaired, rehab it, and then come back in 8 weeks.

first off, your avatar is confusing me, every time I see it I think it is a Pats fan

2nd, Cushing is a beast and has a rare disease in which his body heals faster and produces HGH, give him 2 weeks TOPS Laughing
kenney

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
kenney wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

first off, your avatar is confusing me, every time I see it I think it is a Pats fan

2nd, Cushing is a beast and has a rare disease in which his body heals faster and produces HGH, give him 2 weeks TOPS Laughing

I don't know if you can tell or not, but in case anyone can't, it's a photoshopped image of the Juggernaut from the X-Men comics. The image was circulating Twitter with the sudden rise of the "JuggerWatt" nickname.

I grew up loving X-Men, so I made it my avvie.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
kenney wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

I don't know if you can tell or not, but in case anyone can't, it's a photoshopped image of the Juggernaut from the X-Men comics. The image was circulating Twitter with the sudden rise of the "JuggerWatt" nickname.

I grew up loving X-Men, so I made it my avvie.

no its fine, but most of the time I do not "look" at avvies I just get a glimpse out of the corner of my eye, and I have seen it a few times and figured it was some Pats fan, then I read your comment and was like who the f is this and was like, oh its kenney weird haha
amazingandre

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
A few options to consider on the trade front are Dan Connor who rides the bench in Dallas and Will Witherspoon who just got benched by Tenn. Brandon Siler is collecting dust in KC. Best solution would be Jon Beason in Carolina as it's clear to everyone but him that that's Luke Kuechly's team now. Health is a concern, but if you couple his possible availability, with Carolina being 4 games behind Atlanta, with the fact he starred at the U and you've got to think Rick Smith would be on the horn trying to make this happen. Compensation will likely be a future pick, but Harris is also a carrot that might fetch a return (sorry Ball or Carmichael aren't going to draw any response). Tate should not be moved as I think we really missed his change of pace last night.

BTW - Brian Braman is also another ILB candidate who is a bit of a Cushing clone that is worth getting on the field more. Nading remains useless as always...

what about Tavares Gooden from niners? He is behind Willis and Bowman so unless they get hurt he won't ever play. Not sure of his contract, but he could potentially be a starter with Cushing even into the future, not to mention the amount of help he could be IMMEDIATELY.

Not sure if they would trade him or what the cost would even be.....
Marco79

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
And I am officially no longer doing the adopt a texan.

Last year I took Schaub. This year Cush.

I apologize Sad Sad Sad

As for what we do. I would honestly kick Barwin inside and start Mercilus.

I vote that we no longer do adopt a texan because some one always ends up being a curse. First it was Ax2 and now its you Evil or Very Mad

Adopt a texan with only UDFAs going forward.
TexansFan80

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trading for a young ILB could be the best option for us both in the short and long term. Bradie James is not the answer, and he's not going to be playing much longer anyway. It would be nice to have someone fill in for Cushing this year and then start next to him in the future.

For the right price, I'd say this would be our best bet.

^LORK 88^
bunnyracin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Per his twitter rookie offensive guard Cody White has been activated to the #Texans active roster.

https://twitter.com/PHABMK6

Have a feeling this is the start of the chain of moves coming up in the next few days. Bye bye holliday

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunnyracin wrote:
Quote:
Per his twitter rookie offensive guard Cody White has been activated to the #Texans active roster.

https://twitter.com/PHABMK6

Have a feeling this is the start of the chain of moves coming up in the next few days. Bye bye holliday

How is Cody White our first roster move? There are literally 7 other guys on the practice squad who ought to be moved up first.
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever they're going to do they can't start Tim Dobbins. He's a terrible fit as a starter.
jch1911

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
what about Tavares Gooden from niners? He is behind Willis and Bowman so unless they get hurt he won't ever play. Not sure of his contract, but he could potentially be a starter with Cushing even into the future, not to mention the amount of help he could be IMMEDIATELY.

Not sure if they would trade him or what the cost would even be.....

I thought about both of the 49ers backup ILBs as well (Gooden or Larry Grant). Gooden makes the most sense of the two. They are both on 1 year contracts with the Niners. I just think the 49ers may see our depth situation and be hesitant to move either unless we blow their socks off. Plus trading for players has just never been Rick Smith's MO.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
Whatever they're going to do they can't start Tim Dobbins. He's a terrible fit as a starter.

From the sound bites I heard on 610, it seems as if this is the course of action; We're gonna "promote" Bradie James to the three down/headset wearing ILB, and move Dobbins to the two down ILB. Personally, I do not like this at all, but I believe in Wade Phillips' grand scheme over all else. If Wade feels as if he can have a comparable product out there with James in that much, then I will tenatively agree to the plan.

Overall - I believe we'll see the biggest changes in our nickel packages, where our front looked an awful like a 4/2/5; I think as the season moves on, we'll see Barwin and Reed play hand up, and our front will have Antonio Smith, Shaun Cody, JJ Watt and Whitney Mercilius; Glover Quin will play his rover CB/S role, Kareem and Joseph will man the CB spots, Danieal Manning and (insert S here) will provide overwatch deep. In essence, Quin will be that SLB in coverage (which isn't too different from what we do now, only Mercilius will play where Reed used to play on nickel subsets).

Not the best overall front we could have compared to past looks, but you gotta play the hands you're dealt.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Robust Perry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Wait Brian Cushing plays for the Texans? He is an important part of our team (defensive captain)? I wonder if anyone would want to see a replay of this? Amongst the most offensive parts of the coverage of this game was the complete lack of attention this injury got both in it's implications for the game at hand and the big picture of the AFC leader's pursuit of the Super Bowl. I can excuse the 3 different Clay Matthews commercials running ad nauseum because unlike Cushing he hasn't actually tested positive for steroids (due to the lack of an HGH test) and has a ring, but I swear they mentioned the impact of the Clyde Gates injury more often and waste of space Lisa Salters didn't even get to a non-update on Cushing until the middle of a snap. Of course, not one second of 2 hours of post game reporting even mentioned the injury, perhaps because 85% of their airtime was dedicated to Rex Ryan (who's team was poorly coached), Tim Tebow (who played 6 downs including 2 forced time outs), and other "what's wrong with the Jets" analysis.

I guess the fact there was a 5-0 team that unlike the Jets actually went to the playoffs last year on the other side wasn't as important as deconstructing a team that has never even won its division and has a 30-23 under the genius tandem of Ryan and Tannebaum who haven't gotten nearly enough blame for destroying their team due to overinflated ego and hitching their wagons to low character players like Santonio Holmes. For goodness sakes, since when do we give professional teams points for "hanging in there" when all of their current problems (aside from the Revis injury) are a result of decisions they made and reduced hype on players once touted as great by the talking heads with plenty of undeserved pro bowls to go with the hype (Ferguson, Mangold, Green, David Harris, Calvin Pace, Bart Scott, etc).

Side note - yes, JJ Watt is a beast, but so was Brooks Reed and Antonio, Barwin, Quin and others made major contributions. Ditto on the offensive side of the ball where OD (it's Daniels not Daniel and Walter not Walters ESPN morons) and Casey deserved mention over AJ in post game analysis along with some amazing blocking by Brown and Smith. At least Arian got some decent airtime (with an appropriate apology from Steve Young who called out ESPN for its East Coast bias), but I'm tiring of the "Arian's a weirdo" angle. Hopefully NBC does a better job next week, but I'm sure it will be just another love fest for a 2-3 team.

Finally - I do have to give Gruden props for excellent and balanced coverage. At least one member of their team does some homework.

I'm a Falcons fan that just came on to see if anyone felt it was a dirty hit. I was surprised, like you, to see the lack of national coverage this got. If this was on Tebow it would be the only thing we'd ever hear. Sorry for having the lose out on Cushing for the rest of the year cause a Jets player blew out his knee on purpose (he purposefully went in to cut him and while he might not have "purposefully" wanted to end his season he knew that's a distinct possibility).

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: