Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 5: Shula Bowl! Dolphins @ Bengals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Shula Wins?
Don
73%
 73%  [ 11 ]
Dave
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 15

Clutch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time in a long time I have confidence we can win on the road against a 'good' opponent.

I kinda felt like we were the ones to beat. Can't believe it when u really think about it. This team is headed in the right direction. Yes there'll be some hiccups but this long term ride is going to be fun.
Deets

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clutch wrote:
First time in a long time I have confidence we can win on the road against a 'good' opponent.

I kinda felt like we were the ones to beat. Can't believe it when u really think about it. This team is headed in the right direction. Yes there'll be some hiccups but this long term ride is going to be fun.

Well we're definitely in the mix now. The schedule is actually a bit soft like advertised until the Patsies.

Rams
@ Jets
@ Colts
Titans
@Bills
Seahawks

Thats six winnable games right here. The Rams did beat the cards but overall, they're a weaker team. The Jets are a shell. We should easily take them without Revis and Holmes. (Should have had them with Holmes and half a Revis). The Colts are pretty bad on defense, I think Tannehill can out duel Luck.

Titans are a mess, so are the Bills and we've had the Bills' number recently. Seattle is the toughest of the group. That pass rush is really scary. However, I don't think they have a very good offense. We can take Lynch out of the game and I don't think Wilson can win.

What it has come to is, we are equal or better then our next six opponents. And those that are closest to us in ability we play at home. 5-1 or 6-0 is not unlikely. It'll be fun to watch Tannehill against some weaker teams. We could be 7-4 with a confident young QB by the time we reach the Patriots.

FF Member #67
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
Clutch wrote:

Well we're definitely in the mix now. The schedule is actually a bit soft like advertised until the Patsies.

Rams
@ Jets
@ Colts
Titans
@Bills
Seahawks

Thats six winnable games right here. The Rams did beat the cards but overall, they're a weaker team. The Jets are a shell. We should easily take them without Revis and Holmes. (Should have had them with Holmes and half a Revis). The Colts are pretty bad on defense, I think Tannehill can out duel Luck.

Titans are a mess, so are the Bills and we've had the Bills' number recently. Seattle is the toughest of the group. That pass rush is really scary. However, I don't think they have a very good offense. We can take Lynch out of the game and I don't think Wilson can win.

What it has come to is, we are equal or better then our next six opponents. And those that are closest to us in ability we play at home. 5-1 or 6-0 is not unlikely. It'll be fun to watch Tannehill against some weaker teams. We could be 7-4 with a confident young QB by the time we reach the Patriots.

Let the rivalry begin....
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
Clutch wrote:

Rams
@ Jets
@ Colts
Titans
@Bills
Seahawks

Of those games, the only game I think we shouldn't be the clear favorite is the Colts, I honestly view that as a loss. I'd be much more afraid of the Seahawks if it were at Seattle, but we should have a distinct advantage with them coming to Miami. It is honestly scary that we could be 7-4 after that stretch.

Having said that, the Dolphins really aren't good enough yet to win every game we "should win". We'll probably lose two or three of those games that we "should win"... so we'd probably be looking more like 5-6 but a guy can hope...

Nacho Simulation Football League
Deets

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see what makes the Colts special at all. They seem third rate in every aspect.

FF Member #67
phinmun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
I don't see what makes the Colts special at all. They seem third rate in every aspect.

For real? I ditched Vick this week and put Wayne in my OP spot and he went for over 40 points! Shocked

Wayne's been on fire this season. Something has to be going right up there?

They do have Vontae!!! Laughing
Kaiowas05

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:

Luck is great, the rest is poor indeed. Hopefully they keep losing so that second can be nice and high
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner '12, '13 and '14
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013
El ramster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday is going to be very fun...

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:

Indeed, for more than one reason!

Its no secret Miami wanted Jeff Fisher, so I think both Fisher and Philbin will want this win for emotional reasons.

As for the game itself, I think we will bring a lot of pressure against Sam Bradford with Amendola out. Will be interesting to see if he can adapt. Miami has been great against the run all season, I'm not afraid of Steven Jackson or Daryl Richardson. Offensively, I think Reggie Bush should make some big plays. I honestly think Miami wins this if we can give Tannehill decent pass protection... but there are no guarantees when it comes this Miami team.
St. Louis 19
Miami 22

And before you call me a homer, this is the first game I've predicted a Miami win all season. Is it Sunday yet?

Nacho Simulation Football League
phinmun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
El ramster wrote:

Indeed, for more than one reason!

Its no secret Miami wanted Jeff Fisher, so I think both Fisher and Philbin will want this win for emotional reasons.

As for the game itself, I think we will bring a lot of pressure against Sam Bradford with Amendola out. Will be interesting to see if he can adapt. Miami has been great against the run all season, I'm not afraid of Steven Jackson or Daryl Richardson. Offensively, I think Reggie Bush should make some big plays. I honestly think Miami wins this if we can give Tannehill decent pass protection... but there are no guarantees when it comes this Miami team.
St. Louis 19
Miami 22

And before you call me a homer, this is the first game I've predicted a Miami win all season. Is it Sunday yet?

I think everything lines up for Miami to win this game. Sure, we're 'only' 2-3 but we we lost to NY and ARI in overtime and pretty much showed StL what to do in order to take ARI down on Thursday Night.

Bradford is good but his O-line allows pressure and with Amendola out, his receivers will be in short supply. I suspect our secondary will look good against StL as will as pass rush. No reason not to expect a great defensive outing for Miami.

Offensively, we'd ought to be able to put up 17 against StL if we put up 17 against the Bengals and 20 against ARI.

This is clearly a win if we play the way we've been playing.
El ramster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are your Corners? Same for LBs...
Our Oline while being held with ducktape and bubble gum
has been alright. Minus the Bears game(6sacks) they have done work.
The Running lanes are starting to open up..

This will be Brockers 3rd game back from the High ankle injury..
His presence was felt in the AZ game. He eats up guards freeing up
Long and Quinn. Now our strength comes from our secondary.
Our Corners are playing at a elite level. All 4 of them have registered a pick. We shut teams number 1 WR out. Only have allowed 2 passing TD's since week 2.. One to a RB mind you. We also leave them in a island. Bradley outside, Finnegan inside and Jenkins outside. Sometimes Bradley and Finny switch.

Our Running D hasn't been great minus that game vs Az.. We allow 4.2 to RBs.. Not good, that is our main weakness right now.

I know you guys have a very nice front 4 as well yes?

Also, thanks for Langford

Razz

If you scroll to the bottom it shows you how we fare vs WR's..

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
How are your Corners? Same for LBs...
Our Oline while being held with ducktape and bubble gum
has been alright. Minus the Bears game(6sacks) they have done work.
The Running lanes are starting to open up..

This will be Brockers 3rd game back from the High ankle injury..
His presence was felt in the AZ game. He eats up guards freeing up
Long and Quinn. Now our strength comes from our secondary.
Our Corners are playing at a elite level. All 4 of them have registered a pick. We shut teams number 1 WR out. Only have allowed 2 passing TD's since week 2.. One to a RB mind you. We also leave them in a island. Bradley outside, Finnegan inside and Jenkins outside. Sometimes Bradley and Finny switch.

Our Running D hasn't been great minus that game vs Az.. We allow 4.2 to RBs.. Not good, that is our main weakness right now.

I know you guys have a very nice front 4 as well yes?

Also, thanks for Langford

Razz

If you scroll to the bottom it shows you how we fare vs WR's..

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

1. Our pass defense is surprisingly good. The Dolphins allow the 4th best completion rate in the NFL (55.8%) Per PFF Reshad Jones is the highest rated safety in the NFL this season and is a game changer all over the field. Sort of a poor mans Polamalu in that he is a risk taker. Sean Smith has limited two of the NFL's top 5 WR to pedestrian days the past two weeks.

2. Our LB are borderline elite. Dansby is rated the #1 MLB in the NFL per PFF, and tends to excel in taking out running backs. Burnett is hobbled but is one of the NFL's better coverage linebackers. Koa Misi is dominant versus the run and average against the pass, surprised at his production. Our defensive front is top 3 in the league, which is no surprise because the Fins probably have the 3rd best defense in the league behind SF and Houston.

3. The way the Rams will beat Miami is if they can get pressure with the front 4. They probably will get some, if the Fins limit the pressure then they will win. If Miami cannot, then the Rams will. It's that easy this week. Pouncey is elite, and everyone else is playing good enough up front. The problem will come from stunts with the quick STL front. I will say if the Rams have to blitz to create pressure it will be bad news for them. Tannehill CARVES up the blitz. He is already one of the best in the league at that aspect, which is puzzling.

4. I am convinced Miami's WR will be able to get open schematically against the Rams. But if Finnegan is shadowing Hartline or Bess it will be rough. Somehow these WR beat 1 on 1 coverage a solid amount. If the Rams blitz these guys will get open, if they don't it'll be tough.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: