Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: @ Houston Texans (Option to leave Finley in Texas)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are we overreacting?
Yes
24%
 24%  [ 17 ]
No
42%
 42%  [ 30 ]
justo is an idiot
32%
 32%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 70

Author Message
Packerraymond


Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Posts: 14378
Location: Oconomowoc, WI
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:


Packerraymond wrote:
filled with leadership is playing so sloppy and without drive or effort.


Woodson has been a sloppy player for years now, we lost Wells on the OL, lost Nick Collins, lost Nick Barnett. The only true leaders on this team to me are Rodgers, Driver, Pickett, and to an extent Matthews. To me, it seems at least, Driver has taken a step back as a leader and is trying to let Jennings take a more prominent role.


Charles Woodson is the #1 unquestioned leader of this team, have you seen the post-game after the Bears win in the NFCGC?


And it shows. The entire team is sloppy just like he has been since we won the super bowl.


Ok, well at least we now have a reason for why the team isn't playing well. Rolling Eyes
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
driftwood


Joined: 20 Aug 2008
Posts: 6516
Location: Milwaukee
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:

And that is just offense. Don't even get me started on defense.

Packerraymond wrote:
filled with leadership is playing so sloppy and without drive or effort.




funny because imo, i think alot of individuals have played very well on Defense

Matthews is having a great year so far...
Perry & Worthy have already added significant value to our pass rush thus far...
Hawk is playing very well...
Mccmillian has shown great value so far...
under the radar, but Shields has actually been very good in coverage & has only had a couple mess ups & has received silly PI calls almost every week it seems

were getting solid play from enough of our guys on defense, but i truly think they are being put in bad position by the play calling a schemes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ugLymayNe


Joined: 31 Oct 2006
Posts: 12642
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:

And that is just offense. Don't even get me started on defense.

Packerraymond wrote:
filled with leadership is playing so sloppy and without drive or effort.




funny because imo, i think alot of individuals have played very well on Defense

Matthews is having a great year so far...
Perry & Worthy have already added significant value to our pass rush thus far...
Hawk is playing very well...
Mccmillian has shown great value so far...
under the radar, but Shields has actually been very good in coverage & has only had a couple mess ups & has received silly PI calls almost every week it seems

were getting solid play from enough of our guys on defense, but i truly think they are being put in bad position by the play calling a schemes



I agree with most of that. Not a fan of how DJ Smith, Morgan Burnett, and to an extent Woodson(makes plays but gives them up at an alarming rate as well) has played. I'm mixed on Worthy and Perry but they are rookies, they have their good and bad plays. A player I would add to your list of impressive players so far is Walden - he came to play.
_________________
@PJHotel_
Uglystik1072<---Gamertag

Sig brought to you by Justo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
strat1080


Joined: 16 Apr 2010
Posts: 1912
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:

When was the last time we ever got "Spanked"?


2011 playoffs? but i get your point... the packers seem to keep it close every game regardless of opponent... unfortunately that also means against bad teams


I've never understood why people say the Packers got spanked in the game. The score turned out that way because the Packers finished -3 in turnovers. However when you look at the Box Score, the Packers had more 1st downs, possessed the ball for longer and had about the same yardage as the Giants. They lost by 17 because they turned over the ball 4 times. Not because they were fundamentally outplayed. That game was tied at 10 with 2 minutes before the half. The Packers had a mental lapse on defense right before halftime and allowed 10 Giants points in the last 2 minutes of the 1st half. It wasn't one of those games where one team just flat out dominated the other team the entire game. It was the turnovers that killed the Packers that day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
driftwood


Joined: 20 Aug 2008
Posts: 6516
Location: Milwaukee
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strat1080 wrote:
driftwood wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:

When was the last time we ever got "Spanked"?


2011 playoffs? but i get your point... the packers seem to keep it close every game regardless of opponent... unfortunately that also means against bad teams


I've never understood why people say the Packers got spanked in the game. The score turned out that way because the Packers finished -3 in turnovers. However when you look at the Box Score, the Packers had more 1st downs, possessed the ball for longer and had about the same yardage as the Giants. They lost by 17 because they turned over the ball 4 times. Not because they were fundamentally outplayed. That game was tied at 10 with 2 minutes before the half. The Packers had a mental lapse on defense right before halftime and allowed 10 Giants points in the last 2 minutes of the 1st half. It wasn't one of those games where one team just flat out dominated the other team the entire game. It was the turnovers that killed the Packers that day.


i understand that drops & turnovers played a huge role... but getting beat by double digit points @ home & playing as poorly as we did... tahts getting spanked

while we were busy dropping passes, the giants were busy catching them... we were outplayed & showed in the final score
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4779
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:

And that is just offense. Don't even get me started on defense.

Packerraymond wrote:
filled with leadership is playing so sloppy and without drive or effort.




funny because imo, i think alot of individuals have played very well on Defense

Matthews is having a great year so far...
Perry & Worthy have already added significant value to our pass rush thus far...
Hawk is playing very well...
Mccmillian has shown great value so far...
under the radar, but Shields has actually been very good in coverage & has only had a couple mess ups & has received silly PI calls almost every week it seems

were getting solid play from enough of our guys on defense, but i truly think they are being put in bad position by the play calling a schemes


Look at us last night, most of our guys played well except for Holiday and Joesph and those 2 players made us look horrible. That's all it takes and it's crazy.
_________________

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
31 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
strat1080


Joined: 16 Apr 2010
Posts: 1912
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerfanatic50 wrote:
I just want to say I havent posted in 2 years, but still keep up on the forum, but after yesterdays game it prompted me to let some of my frustraion out. I dont know what the hell is going on with this team right now,I never seen a team fold like they did yesterday. Honestly, people on this board are funny as hell. I gurantee that if the Packers come out and play the way they are capable of playing and beat the Texans next week, everyone is gonna be on the bandwagon again. People are making it out that this team is gonna go 2-14. If they win or lose, I still have hope that they can make the playoffs. I do think the Rodgers and MM will turn around the teams play and make adjustments this week. They have always made them in the past, even if they start 2-4, they should win the next 3 games going into the bye. that would put them at 5-4 and maybe they can get things straightened out and go 2009ish run.


I agree. We've seen it from this team in the past. I remember them having a similar game against a winless Tampa team in 2009 where they dominated the 1st half then folded in the 2nd half. They responded by going 7-1 to close the season. In 2010 they lost back to back games in OT to subpar teams only to turn it around and go on a nice run ending in a Super Bowl.

For those still bashing Finley. They simply don't know what they are talking about. Statistically the Packers are a much better offense with him in there than without. That's not even debatable. The Packers average more than a TD less of production in games in which Finley didn't play.

In 2009 after Finley came back they averaged well over 30 PPG when they were struggling offensively earlier in the season. In 2010 the Packers were averaging 27 PPG with him in the lineup for the first 4 games then finished the season averaging a paltry 24 PPG after he missed the last 12 games of the season. While his actual production isn't that great the effect he has on the offense is quite clear.

The Packers were rolling offensively in the 1st half but couldn't do anything at all when Finley was out of the game. I must be watching completely different games than some of you guys. Dating 3-4 years back this is clearly a much better offense when Finley is in there than without him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
strat1080


Joined: 16 Apr 2010
Posts: 1912
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
strat1080 wrote:
driftwood wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:

When was the last time we ever got "Spanked"?


2011 playoffs? but i get your point... the packers seem to keep it close every game regardless of opponent... unfortunately that also means against bad teams


I've never understood why people say the Packers got spanked in the game. The score turned out that way because the Packers finished -3 in turnovers. However when you look at the Box Score, the Packers had more 1st downs, possessed the ball for longer and had about the same yardage as the Giants. They lost by 17 because they turned over the ball 4 times. Not because they were fundamentally outplayed. That game was tied at 10 with 2 minutes before the half. The Packers had a mental lapse on defense right before halftime and allowed 10 Giants points in the last 2 minutes of the 1st half. It wasn't one of those games where one team just flat out dominated the other team the entire game. It was the turnovers that killed the Packers that day.


i understand that drops & turnovers played a huge role... but getting beat by double digit points @ home & playing as poorly as we did... tahts getting spanked

while we were busy dropping passes, the giants were busy catching them... we were outplayed & showed in the final score


We were outplayed but we weren't spanked. That's what I'm saying. The Giants deserved to win that game but the final score had more to do with the Packers simply playing sloppy that day with the dropped passes and turnovers from guys that just flat out never turnover the ball. The Box Score doesn't suggest that Green Bay was spanked.

When a team gets spanked they lose the TOP battle by well over 5 minutes, get outgained by 100+ yards and have significantly less 1st downs than the other team. That just wasn't the case. The final score says the Giants spanked Green Bay but the Packers dug their own grave that fateful day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
driftwood


Joined: 20 Aug 2008
Posts: 6516
Location: Milwaukee
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strat1080 wrote:
t the Packers dug their own grave that fateful day.


its been a disturbing trend in the losses ever since
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gizmo2012


Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Posts: 2800
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question - will MM do the right thing and have a short leash on a number of players:

Charles - holding - out of position - penalties - he is hurting more than helping

JerMicheal - drops drops drops

Sam - incosnsistent at best - maybe Hayward is ready to get his shot. It may be time to get Devon on the roster on game day.

Donald - he has nothing left but thanks for the memories

ILB's - are killing us absolutely killing us. It's not that these guys don't occasionally make plays but they are as inconsistent a pair as I have ever seen.

Time to stop the dysfunction and be the Green Bay Packers again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
driftwood


Joined: 20 Aug 2008
Posts: 6516
Location: Milwaukee
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:


ILB's - are killing us absolutely killing us. It's not that these guys don't occasionally make plays but they are as inconsistent a pair as I have ever seen.



i don't think our ILB's are that significant of a problem as many others...

reason why is because i think they are put in bad positions which makes them look terrible...

how many times have we seen smith or Hawk lineup over an obvious mismatch? way too many!

i also think everyone expected Smith to fill in seamlessly like Bishop did a few years back, but he hasn't & we are noticing the differences immediately


i mentioned this earlier also, but Hawk is playing about as well as he has in his time year which is encouraging
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ugLymayNe


Joined: 31 Oct 2006
Posts: 12642
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
how many times have we seen smith or Hawk lineup over an obvious mismatch? way too many!

i also think everyone expected Smith to fill in seamlessly like Bishop did a few years back, but he hasn't & we are noticing the differences immediately


I agree with you on Hawk 100%. He has played pretty well and it is noticable that he is more aggressive this year(doesn't just let the ball carrier come to him). But it doesn't matter where Smith lines up - it is a mismatch regardless. The game seems to not be slowing down for DJ and he reacts very slowly. Not to mention the guy isn't quick, powerful, explosive - he was a player that has to rely on being mechanically sound to begin with.
_________________
@PJHotel_
Uglystik1072<---Gamertag

Sig brought to you by Justo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
{Family Ghost}


Joined: 08 Jun 2010
Posts: 1369
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCarthy and Rodgers need to learn to take what the defense gives them, and not always try to force the home run play. We have a defense that is very poor .. the object should be to keep them off the field as much as possible.

It just seems like the Packers offense has no patience at all .. even when they get in a rhythm with good run-pass balance they can never maintain it for long because they are always hunting for the huge plays that just aren't coming their way this year. Short passing, screens, run the ball .. it's not that damn hard of a game, but the Packers for some reason are completely stubborn.

The defense .. just bad, that's all you can say. They have guys that just can't play zone .. Shields, Tramon, probably Hayward. Those three are pretty good at man to man. Woodson has lost his ability to cover man to man. He's a human penalty right now and rarely comes up with the big play these days. Our secondary got completely outplayed by a bunch of rag tag backups last week. They played a lot of man, and took our wideouts out of the game. We couldn't even double team Wayne properly, according to Dom Capers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nfldraftguru1


Joined: 07 Feb 2009
Posts: 10088
Location: Whitewater, WI
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
Question - will MM do the right thing and have a short leash on a number of players:

Charles - holding - out of position - penalties - he is hurting more than helping

JerMicheal - drops drops drops

Sam - incosnsistent at best - maybe Hayward is ready to get his shot. It may be time to get Devon on the roster on game day.

Donald - he has nothing left but thanks for the memories

ILB's - are killing us absolutely killing us. It's not that these guys don't occasionally make plays but they are as inconsistent a pair as I have ever seen.

Time to stop the dysfunction and be the Green Bay Packers again.


Shields has been nothing short of outstanding if you take away the completely bogus DPI calls.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spilltray


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10485
Location: Green Bay, WI
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
Question - will MM do the right thing and have a short leash on a number of players:

Charles - holding - out of position - penalties - he is hurting more than helping

JerMicheal - drops drops drops

Sam - incosnsistent at best - maybe Hayward is ready to get his shot. It may be time to get Devon on the roster on game day.

Donald - he has nothing left but thanks for the memories

ILB's - are killing us absolutely killing us. It's not that these guys don't occasionally make plays but they are as inconsistent a pair as I have ever seen.

Time to stop the dysfunction and be the Green Bay Packers again.


Shields has been nothing short of outstanding if you take away the completely bogus DPI calls.


Unless you consider the fact that he has looked flat out lost in zone.
_________________
Wilfred wrote:
Memory is like the Packers when they are behind by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter... It comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 12 of 63

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group