Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Wk 5: Denver Broncos @ New England Patriots (4.25pm EST)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whenmidgetsatak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFM is a top three quarterback in this league right now, and should be top 5 the rest of the season. That reason alone gives me hope for our chances

^This guy is our forum mod
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of us predicted us to struggle early on, we are against good teams, and now people are freaking out. Relax. We lost to arguably the three best teams in the league while keeping it close. This isn't a bad team, it's a team playing a BRUTAL schedule early on.

Anyway, I don't know why Hillman is getting ragged on. My god, the guy didn't convert a third and one, he must be the worst RB ever with no time or room to improve himself. Hey that Peyton Manning cat did pretty bad that first year of his, I bet he turned out awful.

Let's all step back from the ledge and see what happens in the next 3 or 4 games.

Thanks, Tzimisce
JRebar913

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Most of us predicted us to struggle early on, we are against good teams, and now people are freaking out. Relax. We lost to arguably the three best teams in the league while keeping it close. This isn't a bad team, it's a team playing a BRUTAL schedule early on.

Anyway, I don't know why Hillman is getting ragged on. My god, the guy didn't convert a third and one, he must be the worst RB ever with no time or room to improve himself. Hey that Peyton Manning cat did pretty bad that first year of his, I bet he turned out awful.

Let's all step back from the ledge and see what happens in the next 3 or 4 games.

youre right, the team itself is not bad they can be good against the bottom feeders of the league, the defense though is god awful. open your eyes, i wouldnt be shocked if this team makes the playoffs, i also wouldnt be shocked if they get embarrassed in the playoffs also, because they continuously show they cant compete with the best teams in the league. tired of hearing oh they kept it close B.S. it looks close because once the game was out of reach they finally let it fly. play like that all the time then ill change my tune.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did Koppen play?
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
How did Koppen play?
Much better than anyone on either team thought or expected imo.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRebar913 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

youre right, the team itself is not bad they can be good against the bottom feeders of the league, the defense though is god awful. open your eyes, i wouldnt be shocked if this team makes the playoffs, i also wouldnt be shocked if they get embarrassed in the playoffs also, because they continuously show they cant compete with the best teams in the league. tired of hearing oh they kept it close B.S. it looks close because once the game was out of reach they finally let it fly. play like that all the time then ill change my tune.

Pittsburgh is a bottom feeder? Wasn't aware of that. Also, I would say that we played damn well against ATL, especially our defense, with Manning getting us in a ton of trouble with his INTs. Houston, save for the two huge plays we let up, I thought we played well enough to win, and again, the offense didn't have it going. NE was the first time the defense actually, in my opinion, got completely beat down, and even still we were in position to come close to winning had McGahee not fumbled.

I love the overreactions. Now the defense is god awful. We got picked apart by one of the best QBs of all time, on a team with a glut of talent. Is that going to happen every week? Absolutely not. It didn't happen against ATL, I don't forsee it happening this week either.

If not being able to compete with is losing to the two best teams by 6 points each, and another damn good team by 10, two of those games away, I'll take that any day from a team trying to gel together and a QB who clearly isn't totally there yet.

Everyone needs to take a step back from the cliff. This team is plenty fine, and will get better as the season goes.

Thanks, Tzimisce
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly think the Broncos could keep up with the "elite" teams if the coaches did better at preparing the Broncos for the games. I am pinning the losses to the Texans, Falcons, and Patriots on Fox and Co.

I will give the coaching staff props for making in game adjustments, which is why the Broncos come on strong at the end. This happened last year too, didn't it?

They need to figure out a different game plan for the beginning of games and they need to apply the sense of urgency at the beginning of game than they do at the end of games.

If they played as well as they do in the 4th quarter in the 1st quarter, the Broncos would put away teams by halftime.

Perhaps they need to use the Shanahan strategy in scripting the first 15 to 20 plays of the game. And, despite McGahee's costly fumble and dropped pass during the Pats; they need to establish the run. It establishes play action so well, which is on of Manning's best attributes.

This is my opinion, but I could be wrong.
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
How did Koppen play?

Honestly I didn't notice a drop off at all. So very good IMO. Most of the pressure came from the edges. There was 1 or 2 plays where Beadles/Koppen weren't on the same page and there was a delayed blitz up the middle that took them by surprise. But all in all I was pleased w/ Koppen.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
I honestly think the Broncos could keep up with the "elite" teams if the coaches did better at preparing the Broncos for the games. I am pinning the losses to the Texans, Falcons, and Patriots on Fox and Co.

I will give the coaching staff props for making in game adjustments, which is why the Broncos come on strong at the end. This happened last year too, didn't it?

They need to figure out a different game plan for the beginning of games and they need to apply the sense of urgency at the beginning of game than they do at the end of games.

If they played as well as they do in the 4th quarter in the 1st quarter, the Broncos would put away teams by halftime.

Perhaps they need to use the Shanahan strategy in scripting the first 15 to 20 plays of the game. And, despite McGahee's costly fumble and dropped pass during the Pats; they need to establish the run. It establishes play action so well, which is on of Manning's best attributes.

This is my opinion, but I could be wrong.

Opposing personnel executives say the Broncos either look surprised by what's being done to them by opponents or the players didn't get the message through the week.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21728487/inside-game-broncos-still-trying-join-leagues-upper#ixzz28oSn2js9

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:

I think you'll find this funny 67 but most of the over reaction is coming from those that predicted 12+ wins.

Ya think maybe they set the bar too high? Wink
dbronx42

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

I think you'll find this funny 67 but most of the over reaction is coming from those that predicted 12+ wins.

Most of us had us going anywhere from 8-8 to 10-6. It was only a select few that thought we would win 12 games. Which is completely unrealistic considering we have a brand new QB with the most difficult schedule in the entire NFL.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

Most of us had us going anywhere from 8-8 to 10-6. It was only a select few that thought we would win 12 games. Which is completely unrealistic considering we have a brand new QB with the most difficult schedule in the entire NFL.

Yup. Add to that a new DC, new DL, total 180 degree turn around from last years offense as far as scheme and it makes a .500 season much more realistic.

I'll be glad if we can finally finish a season strong. Wouldn't a winning Nov and Dec. be nice for a change. I do like the direction we're going and am enjoying this season. We've shown flashes of brilliance on both sides of the ball and IMO we're much better over all since before we fired Mike.
7DnBrnc53

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

The toughest part of the schedule is over, though. If Denver beats SD, I think that 11 wins is very probable. If they don't, then we may not be too far from looking to next year.
JRebar913

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

when did being critical of the obvious flaws of this team become over reacting? there is no easy schedule in the nfl, quit saying that garbage.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRebar913 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

when did being critical of the obvious flaws of this team become over reacting? there is no easy schedule in the nfl, quit saying that garbage.

Yeah, whatever.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 31 of 33

Jump to: