Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: @ Houston Texans (Option to leave Finley in Texas)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are we overreacting?
Yes
24%
 24%  [ 17 ]
No
42%
 42%  [ 30 ]
justo is an idiot
32%
 32%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 70

Packerraymond

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:
driftwood wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:
driftwood wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

I think yall win this game 27-21

it could happen... but as of right now its unlikely

you guys are just way to complete of a team playing at a high level while the packers are full of talent that's tremendously under-performing

& even if the packers do beat the texans, there are still many question to be answered about the consistency this team can play with throughout the year (packers are notoriously slow starters under McCarthy with the exception of last year)

but something feels a little different about the team this year... & its not a good feeling for me

i could see us finishing under .500 & a coach getting fired (not MM though)

How on earth do you feel any different than when we were 4-4 after losing to a winless Bucs team in 2009?

Bad Oline play, questionable D because a lot of new pieces, no run game, Rodgers not on his A game....

Same movie, different year. We're going to be fine.

i understand, but i don't see that this year (not saying that we will continue our struggles into next season)

but there are some oddities so far this year that are seemingly impossible to overcome for some reason... the packers are simply not doing themselves any favors with execution & you can't win games like that unless you get teams that play like the week 2 bears every week & that's an oddity in itself

i had this bad feeling after the pre-season... its not just after losing to the colts

there are problems with this team that are fixable, but i dont have confidense in the staff to fix them this year until reality hits & i dont see that till the offseason

But you could have seen the exact same things in 09 and 10. Allen Babre was our RT. We had lots of huge breakdowns in the passing game (granted not this bad). People were screaming at Aaron that he was holding on to the ball too long and that M3 was a terrible playcaller.

I see literally no difference.

Only difference I see is experience and attitude. That 2009 team was fresh off a 6-10 season with key contributors of this team being very young, that was only Rodgers 2nd season starting. They didn't have the winners attitude that this team of a SB Championship and 15-1 season has, nor the experience. All this just makes me more confused, I still cannot understand why a team this talented, experienced and filled with leadership is playing so sloppy and without drive or effort.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All those reason you just listed are reasons for why we can turn this around going forward.

This is a team that knows how to win and been in this situation before.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
driftwood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:
All those reason you just listed are reasons for why we can turn this around going forward.

i agree that they have been in this situation before, but we didnt have the talent we have now

there is 0 reason why Bulaga is playing like Babre... hes much better than that but hasn't shown it all year

we cannot afford to have bad play from players that are not known for it

based on personnel the right side of our line should be a strength, not a weakness

& what about woodson? i dont care if he lost a step... they put him in a position to roam around & do what hes more comfortable doing, yet he hasnt made a single big play this year (are you saying he all the sudden forgot how to play instinctively? that's BS)

playing zone when we have a ton of CB's that excell in press/m2m coverage... & capers still feels the need to paly that crap... that alone is the reason im fine with him getting canned if he continues to playz zone all year & get tore up by QB's

ive never seen coaches be as stubborn as the packers play callers have been more than in 5 games this year
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:

Absolutely, but looking at our roster, why are we 2-3? Why has Bulaga, Sitton, Finley, Nelson, Jennings, Rodgers, ect.... regressed from last year? Why are we lacking effort, missing tackles, running lazy routes ect... Its almost unexplainable.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
Its almost explainable.

its not almost, it is absolutely...

you hit it on the head... it would be nice to see 2/3 the production from last year... but im not even sure were seeing 1/4 of it

imo it starts from the top... coaching failing to make adequate adjustments

Capers & MM are saying the right things, but they are certainly not doing what they have preached yet this year & thats very worrisome

Last edited by driftwood on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:

i agree that they have been in this situation before, but we didnt have the talent we have now

there is 0 reason why Bulaga is playing like Babre... hes much better than that but hasn't shown it all year

we cannot afford to have bad play from players that are not known for it

based on personnel the right side of our line should be a strength, not a weakness

& what about woodson? i dont care if he lost a step... they put him in a position to roam around & do what hes more comfortable doing, yet he hasnt made a single big play this year (are you saying he all the sudden forgot how to play instinctively? that's BS)

playing zone when we have a ton of CB's that excell in press/m2m coverage... & capers still feels the need to paly that crap... that alone is the reason im fine with him getting canned if he continues to playz zone all year & get tore up by QB's

ive never seen coaches be as stubborn as the packers play callers have been more than in 5 games this year

I think we're just agreeing with each other at this point. We've been here before and have more talent now than we did in the past.....

I agree that McCarthy needs to slow things down and make s more concerted effort to run the ball due to our terrible Oline play. Even if we're doing it for 3 yards or a no gainer, we have to plant that seed on the Defenses mind so they can't just tee up on Rodgers.

Capers is trickier for me. Williams was in man all game seemingly and how did that work for us? I think it's more of a case of our players just needing to sack up and execute. Catch the damn ball when it hits you in the hands.

Also Morgan Burnett better step it up because he's playing at a Charlie Peprah level right now.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
svp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tMatt Scab and the texans looked like they will win. Sucks.
I don't think they even put brats on the grill.

driftwood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:

Also Morgan Burnett better step it up because he's playing at a Charlie Peprah level right now.

im not sure what to think about him yet... is he still calling plays? personally i think they need to allow him to just play & not call anything... i also dont think its a lack of talent or effrot from Morgan... but i think hes truly confused at the scheme & playcalling coming from upstairs & its not him being too dumb (hes a really smart kid & knows this system well enough by now)

for a few games we have already seen leaders of this defense yelling @ the sidelines from what reporters have said is' frustration of changing defensive plays mid way though lining up'... that's unacceptable & that falls on Capers 100%

i've never seen players yell at the sidelines like that (even though capers is in the booth, i think its directed towards him)

when you start physically seeing guys not buying into the changes being made, than i start to worry... needless to say im worrying
justo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
RT @caplannfl: Former Eagles TE Chase Ford worked out for the Packers on Monday.

Can't go a week without a full slate of TEs Laughing Not looking good for Finley
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Quote:
RT @caplannfl: Former Eagles TE Chase Ford worked out for the Packers on Monday.

Can't go a week without a full slate of TEs Laughing Not looking good for Finley

We worked out like 9 players, Seneca Wallace and Brian Hoyer were there as well. Benson is going to go on the 6 week IR and we have three other RB's so we will prolly look to fill a different position.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the stats to look at and confirm this, but I think our offense would be doing pretty well for not having their top playmaker(Jennings) IF..........a big IF...........the "playmakers" we have right now didn't drop the ball. Pretty sure we had four more last week. It consistently kills drives for us just like the lack of quality pass protection does.

Five things that have to happen on offense alone.

1) Rodgers needs to get his head on straight.
He was the MVP last year and he comes back the very next season to play like an inexperienced 2nd year QB. He hangs onto the ball way too long, has been throwing into coverage quite often and has turned the ball over consistently(yeah he only has four, maybe he set the bar too high for himself - but that isn't an excuse. We've seen him play at that level the past two seasons). Half of the sacks are his fault and he simply needs to start taking what the defense gives him.

2) Balance must be kept
When the offense has moved the ball this season it has happened when the play calling has been an even mix of run and pass. Losing Benson hurts but Alex Green needs to get reps running the ball. Obviously the Packers know what they have in Green but they completely abandoned the run game after Benson's injury. Green ran the ball 9 times only(one was 41, another was for 9) and on the other 7 carries he basically went no where. But it is the same problem we had in years past - we have to do something to keep Rodgers upright.

3) Drops need to stop
I explained this above, but it needs to be said again. If there weren't any drops(which won't happen, I know) vs Indi, Rodgers completes 75% of his passes and we move the ball more efficiently. It has plagued the season through five games and in my opinion single handed makes our offense average. Drops are as bad as sacks as drive killers go to me.

4) OL needs to man up.
Lang, Sitton and Bulaga are supposed to be good players. The former first round pick and two guards who received decent contracts haven't lived up to the hype. The two new starters on the OL haven't been good either. Newhouse is understandable, but Saturday hasn't been steady from what I've seen.

5) Efficiency must go up
Honestly all 11 starters and the others that regularly play haven't been consistent enough. One series Green runs everywhere and Rodgers is accurate and we score a touch down...The next? the OL gets no push, Green extends the play towards the sideline, loses yards and Rodgers hangs onto the ball too long resulting in back to back sacks. They need to be more consistent and play some efficient football.

And that is just offense. Don't even get me started on defense.

Packerraymond wrote:
filled with leadership is playing so sloppy and without drive or effort.

Woodson has been a sloppy player for years now, we lost Wells on the OL, lost Nick Collins, lost Nick Barnett. The only true leaders on this team to me are Rodgers, Driver, Pickett, and to an extent Matthews. To me, it seems at least, Driver has taken a step back as a leader and is trying to let Jennings take a more prominent role.

Sig brought to you by Justo
driftwood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Quote:

didnt we work out a few QB this week as well?

http://beforeitsnews.com/sports/2012/10/packers-work-out-a-trio-of-qbs-wallace-hoyer-and-mcgee-2470290.html
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:

Packerraymond wrote:

Woodson has been a sloppy player for years now, we lost Wells on the OL, lost Nick Collins, lost Nick Barnett. The only true leaders on this team to me are Rodgers, Driver, Pickett, and to an extent Matthews. To me, it seems at least, Driver has taken a step back as a leader and is trying to let Jennings take a more prominent role.

Charles Woodson is the #1 unquestioned leader of this team, have you seen the post-game after the Bears win in the NFCGC?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:

Packerraymond wrote:

Charles Woodson is the #1 unquestioned leader of this team, have you seen the post-game after the Bears win in the NFCGC?

And it shows. The entire team is sloppy just like he has been since we won the super bowl.

Sig brought to you by Justo
justo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
justo wrote:
Quote:

didnt we work out a few QB this week as well?

http://beforeitsnews.com/sports/2012/10/packers-work-out-a-trio-of-qbs-wallace-hoyer-and-mcgee-2470290.html

That's why Boykin said he met Wallace yesterday Shocked
I didn't know we worked those guys out...weird

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 11 of 63

Jump to: