Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Was beating Green Bay a bad thing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikek163

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Was beating Green Bay a bad thing? Reply with quote

Romeos first go as our HC. Beat an undefeated (yet injured) Packer team at HOME. I would say this game alone lead to the hiring of Romeo on a full time basis. Yet when you look at GB now they are 2-3, and have lost to teams like Seattle + Indianapolis. Personally I feel like Green Bay has finaly come back down to reality after dealing with some injuries and are now an over rated team.

If we would have lost to them last year would Romeo be our coach? Would things be a lot different with our draft position too?

What do you guys think?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sure was, Pioli was so impressed he thought Romeo could've won that game with Palko. QB...psshhhhh, that had nothing to do with the victory. Let's hire Romeo and keep Cassel and we'll do even better. Rolling Eyes

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: Was beating Green Bay a bad thing? Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
Romeos first go as our HC. Beat an undefeated (yet injured) Packer team at HOME. I would say this game alone lead to the hiring of Romeo on a full time basis. Yet when you look at GB now they are 2-3, and have lost to teams like Seattle + Indianapolis. Personally I feel like Green Bay has finaly come back down to reality after dealing with some injuries and are now an over rated team.

If we would have lost to them last year would Romeo be our coach? Would things be a lot different with our draft position too?

What do you guys think?

Personally, I think the win at Green Bay was our team catching lightning in the bottle and was a result of the energy that came from making a change at the head coach position. But now the honeymoon is over and unfortunately I think we are seeing why Crennel might not have been the best candidate other than familiarity with Pioli and the team and certainly not a candidate that you want to throw back into the head coaching mix with the defensive coordinator responsibilities.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without it I believe we would have drafted 8th overall, which is where Tannehill was drafted. Today could have been much different.

^ryknowssd on the sig
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Without it I believe we would have drafted 8th overall, which is where Tannehill was drafted. Today could have been much different.

bigs, you gave me chills! One game definitely can impact a franchise and it is interesting to think how things could have shaken out IF the Chiefs would have lost that game. I still think Crennel would have been hired as head coach, but having Tannehill fall into your lap at #8 would have been a real test for Pioli to see what he did with a legitimate franchise QB sitting there for the taking.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Ring of Fame

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's to say the Dolphins don't trade up to 5, 6, or 7 and take Tannehill regardless? I'll always take a win in the hand over a loss and a handful of what-ifs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: