Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If Browns go 0-7; I Think Shurmur is Fired Immediately
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickZambo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCALBrowns wrote:
fatpig wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
Why bother firing him? I mean, it wouldn't accomplish anything. Even if it sparked us what would it mean but missing out on the #1

ugh. i couldn't disagree more with this train of thought. success breeds success. being the worst in the league won't do anything for us even if it means we get the 1st overall pick. i'd take wins and momentum to establish a culture of winning, even if its just a few games, over continuing the culture of suck just for the sake of sucking and getting a high draft pick, who will then join a demoralized team.

i'm on the fire Shurmur wagon. disliked him last year, dislike him more now. Haslam will put the hammer down to make it known that one's job is not safe if they are terrible at what they do.

Couldnt agree more. Success breeds success and this owner is not going to be averse to blowing things up. You will not be "patient" with a billion dollar investment just because you feel bad for a guy like Shurmur. He will bring in a proven winner. Someone whos demeanor and presence resembles his own. Shurmur is a coordinator at best - lacks the personality, leadership or motivation necessary to be a winning head coach.

Holmgren picked him because he came from the same coaching tree and had the same agent. What else he saw in him I don't know.

If I have to hear one more time how the team "battled" or so and so "battled" I think I will throw up just a little in my mouth. I'm sick of that. This is football for God's sake and its about W's. I dont care what anyone on here thinks about the "process" or how young and inexperienced this team is. We are 3 years into the Holmgren experience. Time to get W's - thats what this game is about. 0-5 just doesnt cut it no matter how much the team battles.

W's people W's. Find a coach and players that can bring W's to Cleveland.

I look at a team like KC and see a coach fired midway through last season. Crennel came up as the HC and was retained... and KC sucks again. Granted there are no guarantees we keep an interim coach if it goes to that.

IMO, I think we should stick it out until the end of the season. It all depends on how Shurmur does behind the scenes while Haslam observes. If Haslam takes over, we are 0 - 10 and players aren't buying in and Shurmur looks like a joke in team meetings/activites, then they start looking at interim coaches.

It's tough b/c to me, this debate isn't as much about Shurmur as it is about this young teams development and how they handle this adversity. This is about incoming ownership and the initial decision the Haslam group makes with coaching & front office going forward.

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
elfman55

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
SOCALBrowns wrote:
fatpig wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
Why bother firing him? I mean, it wouldn't accomplish anything. Even if it sparked us what would it mean but missing out on the #1

ugh. i couldn't disagree more with this train of thought. success breeds success. being the worst in the league won't do anything for us even if it means we get the 1st overall pick. i'd take wins and momentum to establish a culture of winning, even if its just a few games, over continuing the culture of suck just for the sake of sucking and getting a high draft pick, who will then join a demoralized team.

i'm on the fire Shurmur wagon. disliked him last year, dislike him more now. Haslam will put the hammer down to make it known that one's job is not safe if they are terrible at what they do.

Couldnt agree more. Success breeds success and this owner is not going to be averse to blowing things up. You will not be "patient" with a billion dollar investment just because you feel bad for a guy like Shurmur. He will bring in a proven winner. Someone whos demeanor and presence resembles his own. Shurmur is a coordinator at best - lacks the personality, leadership or motivation necessary to be a winning head coach.

Holmgren picked him because he came from the same coaching tree and had the same agent. What else he saw in him I don't know.

If I have to hear one more time how the team "battled" or so and so "battled" I think I will throw up just a little in my mouth. I'm sick of that. This is football for God's sake and its about W's. I dont care what anyone on here thinks about the "process" or how young and inexperienced this team is. We are 3 years into the Holmgren experience. Time to get W's - thats what this game is about. 0-5 just doesnt cut it no matter how much the team battles.

W's people W's. Find a coach and players that can bring W's to Cleveland.

I look at a team like KC and see a coach fired midway through last season. Crennel came up as the HC and was retained... and KC sucks again. Granted there are no guarantees we keep an interim coach if it goes to that.

IMO, I think we should stick it out until the end of the season. It all depends on how Shurmur does behind the scenes while Haslam observes. If Haslam takes over, we are 0 - 10 and players aren't buying in and Shurmur looks like a joke in team meetings/activites, then they start looking at interim coaches.

It's tough b/c to me, this debate isn't as much about Shurmur as it is about this young teams development and how they handle this adversity. This is about incoming ownership and the initial decision the Haslam group makes with coaching & front office going forward.

I agree with you. If you look at Shurmur, he is doing OJT (on the job training ). He will get better. Will he be great? Maybe. Iam not saying he should stay as coach I just want to point out what history says. We are talking about EXPERIENCE, and the only way to get it is to coach an NFL team. Only 2 coaches have taken more than 1 NFL team to the superbowl( Shula & Holmgren ) niether won with both. History says a superbowl winning coach will not come here and win it.
2 of the names I here people bring up are Gruden & Cowher, IMO would not be good at all. Gruden won with Dungy's team, look what they did after that. Cowher was a product of the system, how many years did it take him?
Haslam coming from the Steelers is one thing that may work in Shurmurs favor. He saw that stabillity is something that can't be overlooked.
So unless he loses total control of the team I see no fire mid season.

elfman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: