Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mark Dominik: Has he really been that good?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gm is supposed to build a football team. Not just in round 1 but to find depth and starters after round 1. Dominik has failed in that aspect with high 2nd round pick.

Riddle me this: 09- 3-13, 10- 10-6 -11: 4-12 2012: 1-3.

Those are the results that matter. When u go through a coaching overhaul u usually get a new gm.
canadabuccaneer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First Freeman, now Dom. I'm waiting for the "the Gatorade temperature is affecting our performance, new waterboy?" thread. that kid is gonna get a piece of my mind!

#EmbraceTheSuck
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadabuccaneer wrote:
First Freeman, now Dom. I'm waiting for the "the Gatorade temperature is affecting our performance, new waterboy?" thread. that kid is gonna get a piece of my mind!

Laughing

Mike Evans 57 - 935 - 10
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So i went and looked at the Steelers drafts even more and honestly if we are to take away all 1st and 2nd round picks outside of Wallace and Brown, it's full of cut or out of the league players. 2002 would the last time i saw good talent in the late round in Foote and Keisel.

I get it if people want to look at our drafts and see how the complete failure of Allen and Gruden has set this club back further than Dom could ever do. I am so grateful for Gruden as without him i don't think we get our ring, however, the combo of Gruden and Allen's inept ability to draft and evaluate talent set us back years. Who knows where the franchise would be if Gruden would've drafted a QB and actually groomed one instead of trying to make Garcia work or any of the other mistakes Gruden made. He rode Dungy's roster to a Super Bowl and drove the team into the ground in my opinion.

I'm sorry Dom hasn't been able to flip this entire crap heap of a roster as fast as you would like but looking at that roster we have turned this team around to actually be competitive with such a young roster. I'm just tired of people imagining that this is fantasy football and thinking we should be able to flip a roster and go from loser to winner in 1 season.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not imagining. ^^^. It's the fact that rebuilding phases, if done successfully shouldn't take this long. It's year 4 and we've really bombed out since that 10-6 season.

You take a qb in 09. 4 years later your franchise qb is 30th in the league in QBR. Right there his hands are tied with freeman regardless of how 2011 and 2012 class pans out.

Ill admit dominik has been better than Allen, but he's still hasn't produced with high draft selections. In year 4 you should be better than 1-3 if you get it right. I know we're young but not te youngest team any more. 9th youngest. No longer an excuse in my opinion.
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
So i went and looked at the Steelers drafts even more and honestly if we are to take away all 1st and 2nd round picks outside of Wallace and Brown, it's full of cut or out of the league players. 2002 would the last time i saw good talent in the late round in Foote and Keisel.

I get it if people want to look at our drafts and see how the complete failure of Allen and Gruden has set this club back further than Dom could ever do. I am so grateful for Gruden as without him i don't think we get our ring, however, the combo of Gruden and Allen's inept ability to draft and evaluate talent set us back years. Who knows where the franchise would be if Gruden would've drafted a QB and actually groomed one instead of trying to make Garcia work or any of the other mistakes Gruden made. He rode Dungy's roster to a Super Bowl and drove the team into the ground in my opinion.

I'm sorry Dom hasn't been able to flip this entire crap heap of a roster as fast as you would like but looking at that roster we have turned this team around to actually be competitive with such a young roster. I'm just tired of people imagining that this is fantasy football and thinking we should be able to flip a roster and go from loser to winner in 1 season.

I love when ppl say this, you do realize JON GRUDEN brought in the offensive pieces that got us over the hump? Pittman,dilger Keenan. joe j,steussie, lomas brown etc? You do realize JON GRUDEN built the team we defeated in the bowl or do you discredit that? You do realize his raiders were a tuck rule away from back to back SB trips?

And to that TONY DUNGY AND PEYTON COULDN'T GET TO A SB UNTIL THEY CRIED TO THE LEAGUE THE THE PATS CB's WERE TOO PHYSICAL? Thus they change the rules to the nonsense it is today for wr's . Fact
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
It's not imagining. ^^^. It's the fact that rebuilding phases, if done successfully shouldn't take this long. It's year 4 and we've really bombed out since that 10-6 season.

You take a qb in 09. 4 years later your franchise qb is 30th in the league in QBR. Right there his hands are tied with freeman regardless of how 2011 and 2012 class pans out.

Ill admit dominik has been better than Allen, but he's still hasn't produced with high draft selections. In year 4 you should be better than 1-3 if you get it right. I know we're young but not te youngest team any more. 9th youngest. No longer an excuse in my opinion.

Damn kid has a point, it's almost as if I wrote it
RoeKG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

You keep throwing around this 4 years thing like it's undeniable, but really it's year 1. He was tethered to Morris who was obviously pretty bad with personnel, and he got fired, yet Dom didn't. Dom is now the GM of a team that could be doing better yet has been competitive. Morris is a DB coach after being HC.

Dom isn't calling the plays, organizing practices, disciplining the players, etc. The amount of blame he should get for the record you keep spouting is minimal at best.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:

I love when ppl say this, you do realize JON GRUDEN brought in the offensive pieces that got us over the hump? Pittman,dilger Keenan. joe j,steussie, lomas brown etc? You do realize JON GRUDEN built the team we defeated in the bowl or do you discredit that? You do realize his raiders were a tuck rule away from back to back SB trips?

And to that TONY DUNGY AND PEYTON COULDN'T GET TO A SB UNTIL THEY CRIED TO THE LEAGUE THE THE PATS CB's WERE TOO PHYSICAL? Thus they change the rules to the nonsense it is today for wr's . Fact

It's more like Dungy won a Super Bowl when he built another top 3 defense, and some of those pieces are still in place today.

Joe Jurevicius had like 400 receiving yards that year and did nothing outside of that big catch against the Eagles. Ken Dilger? LOL, he did less. Pittman had a very below average season until the Super Bowl when he did more than look jacked. Lomas Brown will be remembered as a great player, but not for his 18th and final year with us. Also pretty sure Steussie wasn't on the team in 02.

JON GRUDEN also knew exactly what Rich Gannon would do and practiced as Gannon against our team for 2 weeks which is why we tore him apart for 5 picks with a few returned for TDs. Gruden deserves credit, don't get me wrong, but only for taking a bad offense and making them efficient while the defense had a legendary season with all of those players in their prime. He took over a playoff team and got them over the hump.

Your Dungy conspiracy theory is also laughable, the league has made changes to influence more points scored for the last 10 years. It's what the general fan likes to see, so that's what they did and will continue to do.
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:

It's more like Dungy won a Super Bowl when he built another top 3 defense, and some of those pieces are still in place today.

Joe Jurevicius had like 400 receiving yards that year and did nothing outside of that big catch against the Eagles. Ken Dilger? LOL, he did less. Pittman had a very below average season until the Super Bowl when he did more than look jacked. Lomas Brown will be remembered as a great player, but not for his 18th and final year with us. Also pretty sure Steussie wasn't on the team in 02.

JON GRUDEN also knew exactly what Rich Gannon would do and practiced as Gannon against our team for 2 weeks which is why we tore him apart for 5 picks with a few returned for TDs. Gruden deserves credit, don't get me wrong, but only for taking a bad offense and making them efficient while the defense had a legendary season with all of those players in their prime. He took over a playoff team and got them over the hump.

Your Dungy conspiracy theory is also laughable, the league has made changes to influence more points scored for the last 10 years. It's what the general fan likes to see, so that's what they did and will continue to do.

How joe j's "one big catch" changed that game. You can't be serious. Pittman put Us in position to score , like are u serious? That like sayin say Adam vinetari " only kicked 3 crucial field goals" . "Manningham only made one catch"

And it's no conspiracy about Dungy it's a bonafide fact
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:

So on those pieces for the offense. Last time I checked I have never once heard anyone say, "Man i'm glad we brought in Pittman, no way we win that Super Bowl without him." Keenan didnt even break 700 yards that season.

To me it has nothing to do with the pieces that were brought in. It was the fact that Kiffin remained which held the D together and an offensive minded coach came in and ran an average offense, nothing more, nothing less. The only thing we were good at on offense was not during the ball over. It doesn't hurt when Brooks had almost as many touchdowns as the majority of our offensive players.

I'm glad he built that great team in Oakland, how did that fair for them past those 2 years? They have been worse than we have over the years.

I know this will bring the whole well Al Davis makes the draft picks and that holds so much weight, but yet we can judge Dom for making no moves in FA even though the Glazers had prevented any spending?

Since this topic is more about drafting at this point. Let's look at how the prolific Gruden did while in Oakland, setting up that dynasty of almost back to back super bowl trips. 3 players i would take from his 4 years of drafting. Woodson, Janikowski and Lechler. Rest of the players are garbage. Also there is only about 3 players I would take from the Gruden era here, Cadillac( not Gruden's fault he got hurt), Davin, and Talib. So in ten years Gruden is connected to about 6 good players.

He made a living off of turning around medicore QB's and making them efficient and using band aid players all over the roster to help cover up the fact that he was horrible and drafting and player evaluation. That's why I laugh every time I watch his QB class crap around draft time. He know's QBs yet will never draft one worth a damn. I'm grateful for the man because with out his average offense that year we may not get that ring. But if we don't have that defense Dungy built we don't even get into the playoffs.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more and more I see Sanchez struggle the better I feel about Freeman. Think about it, we could have been the Jets and traded all the way up to #5 for that type of play. So the situation could be worse. As for as Dominick doing well, he needs his 2010 draft class to pan out this year. McCoy has been A+ this year, Foster has been A+, Mike Williams A, and his rookies have played like seasoned vets. It was crucial to see Adrian Clayborn in his second year but we will never know how it goes. If everything plays out like it has, I'd say his '09 haul of (Freeman, Miller, Biggers) was overall decent. Freeman is terrible right now, Miller is playing well, and Biggers is doing great for a 7th round pick. Then for '10 we have McCoy playing to his status, Williams being a steal, and we have Benn as a solid role player. '11 is promising though with Bowers, Foster, and Gaitor.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:

How joe j's "one big catch" changed that game. You can't be serious. Pittman put Us in position to score , like are u serious? That like sayin say Adam vinetari " only kicked 3 crucial field goals" . "Manningham only made one catch"

Manningham and Vinatieri's games were decided by one score. We won that game by 3 scores. Which was due to a great defensive performance, from a defense built by Dungy, not Gruden and Allen, which brings us back to the fact that Dom blows Allen out of the water.

Looking at Dom by himself makes me think he's ok. Comparing him to the past and a lot of other teams makes me think he's amazing.
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:

Manningham and Vinatieri's games were decided by one score. We won that game by 3 scores. Which was due to a great defensive performance, from a defense built by Dungy, not Gruden and Allen, which brings us back to the fact that Dom blows Allen out of the water.

Looking at Dom by himself makes me think he's ok. Comparing him to the past and a lot of other teams makes me think he's amazing.

I'm talking about those guys GRUDEN brought in got us over the hump Tony Dungy could not. Ppl bash Pittman signing but where would we have been without his 166 yds that SB? He setup the Alstott TD and Keenan's only two catches for 2td's. ppl the last ten years disrespect the Gruden title as if he's Barry switzer

Dom is ok at best. I personally think its unfair Raheem was fired and Dom wasn't.
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We probably should have signed Mario Williams thinking about it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: