Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gameday Thread Week 6: DEN (2-3) @ SD (3-2)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:33 am    Post subject: Gameday Thread Week 6: DEN (2-3) @ SD (3-2) Reply with quote

Denver Broncos (2-3) @ San Diego Chargers (3-2)

Monday, October 15, 8:30 PM Eastern Time on ESPN.

VS.

Denver Starting Depth Chart-
WR Demaryius Thomas
LT Ryan Clady
LG Zane Beadles
C Dan Koppen
RG Chris Kuper
RT Orlando Franklin
TE Joel Dreessen
WR Eric Decker
QB Peyton Manning
FB Chris Gronkowski
RB Willis McGahee

LDE Derek Wolfe
DT Kevin Vickerson
NT Justin Bannan
RDE Elvis Dumervil
SLB Von Miller
MLB Joe Mays
WLB Wesley Woodyard
LCB Champ Bailey
RCB Tracy Porter
SS Mike Adams
FS Rahim Moore

San Diego Starting Lineup-

QB- Phillip Rivers
RB- Ryan Mathews
FB- Le'Ron McClain
WR- Malcolm Floyd
WR- Robert Meachem
TE- Antonio Gates
LT- Jared Gaither
LG- Tyronne Green
C- Nick Hardwick
RG- Louis Vasquez
RT- Jeromey Clary

LE- Vaughn Martin
NT-Aubrayo Franklin
RE- Corey Liuget
OLB- Jarret Johnson
ILB- Takeo Spikes
ILB- Donald Butler
OLB- Shaun Phillips
CB- Quentin Jammer
CB- Antoine Cason
FS- Eric Weddle
SS- Atari Bigby

Notable Denver Stats- We lead the league with 7 fumbles. We're 5 in Passing Yards Per Game and Demaryius Thomas is 2nd in the league in receiving. Peyton Manning is 3rd in passing.

Key Matchups in the game:

Peyton Manning vs. Phillips Rivers- This game will be a classic QB dual. I think we have the advantage of the run game even though Mathews has come back strong. We need to keep Rivers off the field and I think Peyton will do so.

Eric Decker vs. Antoine Cason- Cason is having a horrible season so far in coverage. Eric Decker has also been overrated and has dropped a few passes but I think Decker has a good advantage here. We should take advantage of this matchup through out the game.

Jared Gaither/Mike Harris vs. Elvis Dumervil- Both players have been in a slump lately and if I was Doom, I would be licking my chops right now. We need to sack Rivers to get in his head and win. Gaither may not play due to a groin issue and Mike Harris is an undrafted rookie.

Jeromey Clary vs. Von Miller- I've also seen in some of the Chargers games that Clary has been getting worked pretty bad also. Von has tearing it up lately and I think he has a great advantage here. In both the running game and passing game. Especially when Derek Wolfe is next to him.

Prediction- I think we run away with this one. Denver, 27, San Diego 17. Nice response after the Patriots disappointment.

[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]

Last edited by Russell2Bailey on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An important - if not must win - game just before heading into our Bye. We need to win this one to enter the easier part of our schedule with a promising start.

Peyton is on a roll right now and the only think hampering our weekly performances are mental lapses. Even if a significant drop or fumble occurs in San Diego, the aren't the Patriots who were dominating us due to their deadly and near perfect combination of an up tempo offense and power running game. The Chargers might have Mathews and Rivers, yet SD will not be able to sledge hammer us with either or. If we make them one dimensional, their offensive output will actually suffer- unlike the Pats.

28-14 Denver.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
by Joe_is_the_best
AussieBronco66

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After our game against the Pats there will be a few players on the field on MNF who will look to respond after poor outings. The Chargers were shown up by a motivated Saints side who just ran down the bolts and wanted it more in the end. Rivers seems to have recovered from all his INTs last year but still seems to have confidence issues and quickly gets down on himself. I reckon we win 34-18 with McGahee and the D having a real good bounceback and Hillman gets his first TD on a screen play

mess with him at your peril
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not 100% confident that we win this, but SD is NOT a good football team, IMO. They have played a fairly weak schedule to this point, got beat by a very bad Saints team, and got trounced by ATL.

I don't see much in terms of weapons on their offense (except obviously Gates, but he's having a down season), and their defense is improving but doesn't truly scare me.

That being said, it's a division game away and anything can happen. Denver is playing a crucial game though, and after last week I think they come out fired up.

Denver 24
San Diego 20

Thanks, Tzimisce
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
I'm not 100% confident that we win this, but SD is NOT a good football team, IMO. They have played a fairly weak schedule to this point, got beat by a very bad Saints team, and got trounced by ATL.

I don't see much in terms of weapons on their offense (except obviously Gates, but he's having a down season), and their defense is improving but doesn't truly scare me.

That being said, it's a division game away and anything can happen. Denver is playing a crucial game though, and after last week I think they come out fired up.

Denver 24
San Diego 20

Think you are selling the Saints short. It was only a matter of time before they started clicking on offense. Brees is after all a top 5 QB in this game and he put on a show.

I would worry about the Denver defense. Norv will pull a page out of NE's play book and get Matthews/Battle running early and set up his passing game. Rivers is capable of picking apart the defense. Matthews and Floyd I predict to have a nice day.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AussieBronco66 wrote:
After our game against the Pats there will be a few players on the field on MNF who will look to respond after poor outings. The Chargers were shown up by a motivated Saints side who just ran down the bolts and wanted it more in the end. Rivers seems to have recovered from all his INTs last year but still seems to have confidence issues and quickly gets down on himself. I reckon we win 34-18 with McGahee and the D having a real good bounceback and Hillman gets his first TD on a screen play

Also helps that Gaither couldn't move at all the last play of the game and cost them a strip sack.

Predicting a blowout is laughable. The Chargers are the Broncos equal. A lot of balls would have to bounce the wrong way to blow them out. The Broncos need to show they can compete early in a game and not wait until garbage time to mount a comeback attempt.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

Denver 24
San Diego 20

Think you are selling the Saints short. It was only a matter of time before they started clicking on offense. Brees is after all a top 5 QB in this game and he put on a show.

I would worry about the Denver defense. Norv will pull a page out of NE's play book and get Matthews/Battle running early and set up his passing game. Rivers is capable of picking apart the defense. Matthews and Floyd I predict to have a nice day.

To be fair palooka, SDs defense has not been that great this year, and the Saints were bound to take advantage of a bad defense at some point. The Saints have a very good offense, but they cannot make it work effectively without Payton. Most of the games the Saints lost or played poorly in is because they aren't utilizing talent properly and they look lost half the time. I don't see that changing soon.

Denver's defense can be exposed but SD doesn't have NEAR the talent NE does. We actually played well defensively against ATL, the turnovers are what killed us. Matthews is overrated. NOs run defense is the worst in the league, IIRC. I think we'l stop him, I'm just worried about Gates. I don't see SDs receivers doing much, and Floyd is their only weapon on that front.

Thanks, Tzimisce
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm stoked for this game, I'll be going, yeaaah! I think Denver can pull this one out on the road, it'll be tough but here are my reasons as to why Denver will win.

Denver's offense will have to air it out to keep this defense on its heels, SD likes to attack and stuff the run. We need to chip Phillips, he'll abuse Franklin. I like our matchups against their secondary, Jammer is on the decline and cason is worse version of cromartie. Weddle likes to be very aggresive and I think Manning will avoid him or bait him throughout the game. I have a hard time seeing any of our RBs topping over 100 yards they are very stout against the run, Butler will make plays all over the field.

As for Denver's defense, we will get abused if Norv calls counter runs, Mathews will get up the field for sure. SD offense has been very inconsistent but they are always looking for the deep ball to Floyd and Meachem and deep post/out to Gates. They do a lot of screens and swings as well. I'm not worried about Battle, Mathews will be key for them ( I hope he fumbles). We need to get them in 3rd and long, so our pass rush can pin their ears against their swiss cheese O-line.

I will laugh if Royal returns a punt against us. Hope Hillman can get some more plays in, he'll be playing at the Q, he is used to that field.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
Papa-Pwn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be a fun watch, the Chargers are a bad football team, maybe even worse than the Raiders.

I think Demaryius will get a fair amount of time against Cason, and will embarrass him with 2 TDs.

38-10 Broncos
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

Denver 24
San Diego 20

To be fair palooka, SDs defense has not been that great this year, and the Saints were bound to take advantage of a bad defense at some point. The Saints have a very good offense, but they cannot make it work effectively without Payton. Most of the games the Saints lost or played poorly in is because they aren't utilizing talent properly and they look lost half the time. I don't see that changing soon.

Denver's defense can be exposed but SD doesn't have NEAR the talent NE does. We actually played well defensively against ATL, the turnovers are what killed us. Matthews is overrated. NOs run defense is the worst in the league, IIRC. I think we'l stop him, I'm just worried about Gates. I don't see SDs receivers doing much, and Floyd is their only weapon on that front.

Ingrams personal foul on Brees negated a pick 6 or that game was over.

As for Denver, didn't NE just get done running down their throats for 60 minutes? While Matthews isn't some elite stud, he's on the same level of the RBs that got a taste last week of that Denver defense.

SD and Denver are both average teams right now. Denver was worked up and down the field by NE last week. Against Atlanta, they were in a big hole as well. The Steelers game was their most complete. More run and Manning not throwing it 50 times.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Papa-Pwn wrote:
Should be a fun watch, the Chargers are a bad football team, maybe even worse than the Raiders.

I think Demaryius will get a fair amount of time against Cason, and will embarrass him with 2 TDs.

38-10 Broncos

You are going to be served some humble pie. Denver isn't in anyway better than SD. They surely won't blow the doors off them. If SD is a bad team, then Denver is a bad team as well, as they are eerily similar.

Some of you need to temper your expectations. Really starting to overrate an average Denver team.

The Raiders are a mess. There is no way SD is on their level. The Raiders are a 2-3 year reclamation project right now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Papa-Pwn wrote:

38-10 Broncos

You are going to be served some humble pie. Denver isn't in anyway better than SD. They surely won't blow the doors off them. If SD is a bad team, then Denver is a bad team as well, as they are eerily similar.

Some of you need to temper your expectations. Really starting to overrate an average Denver team.

The Raiders are a mess. There is no way SD is on their level. The Raiders are a 2-3 year reclamation project right now.

We'll see. If Denver beats the Chargers, I would have them as above average, and the fourth best team in the AFC right now. If not, looking forward to 2013 wouldn't be too far away.
JRebar913

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting comparison of this years team and last years team through 4 games of this season and last season

http://predominantlyorange.com/2012/10/07/this-team-is-not-your-2011-denver-broncos/
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

Denver 24
San Diego 20

As for Denver, didn't NE just get done running down their throats for 60 minutes? While Matthews isn't some elite stud, he's on the same level of the RBs that got a taste last week of that Denver defense.

SD and Denver are both average teams right now. Denver was worked up and down the field by NE last week. Against Atlanta, they were in a big hole as well. The Steelers game was their most complete. More run and Manning not throwing it 50 times.

NE ran down their throat because they were able to force Denver into using nickel and dime defenses without substitutions. The team was clearly gassed and couldn't deal with the rapid fire NE offense.

SD does not have those kind of weapons, nor are they going to be able to run the sort of offense that NE does. Before that game, Denver had more than adequately stopped Turner, Foster, and McFadden. I'm not worried against Denver's run D in the least.

Thanks, Tzimisce
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

Denver 24
San Diego 20

NE ran down their throat because they were able to force Denver into using nickel and dime defenses without substitutions. The team was clearly gassed and couldn't deal with the rapid fire NE offense.

SD does not have those kind of weapons, nor are they going to be able to run the sort of offense that NE does. Before that game, Denver had more than adequately stopped Turner, Foster, and McFadden. I'm not worried against Denver's run D in the least.

Turner is a worn down back and Atlanta just took to whipping Denver in the passing game. The Raiders can't block the run to save their lives, so that's not a feat. Stopped Foster? He average 4.2 YPC setting up their play action offense that torched Denver's secondary repeatedly.

I'm not saying Denver can't stifle SD's offense and win this game. I am just saying people thinking Denver is going to blow them out and SD is only going to score 10 points. That's just dumb. They are an average team playing a similar team. It's not Denver vs. Jacksonville, Oakland or Tennessee.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 1 of 46

Jump to: