Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

way too early mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Productiondawg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I can't decide on (if we land on the first pick) whether we should draft Geno (assuming he remains the top prospect) or trade him under the premis we get a boat load of picks. He's not doing terrible enough to think about going for another QB however he is older than Aaron Rodgers and some teams with QB's his age start to think about the future.

Really the only thing I thought that was unrealistic with this mock is with Childress being head coach there is no way he picks Geno. He was part of the decision to bring in Weeden in the first place plus he would have just broken in a rookie to his system, probably wouldn't want to do it two years in a row.

I think the answer to what we do with the first pick (if we get it) strongly depends on what happens to this regime at the end of the season. The less of the current front office we have the stronger it is we don't trade. The more front office personnel we have that was affiliated with this draft the stronger chance we have in trading out of the pick. This is of course all just my opinion.

Season tickets, section 315, since 06
See you in the Muni with the Tailgate DJs
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Productiondawg wrote:
Right now I can't decide on (if we land on the first pick) whether we should draft Geno (assuming he remains the top prospect) or trade him under the premis we get a boat load of picks. He's not doing terrible enough to think about going for another QB however he is older than Aaron Rodgers and some teams with QB's his age start to think about the future.

Really the only thing I thought that was unrealistic with this mock is with Childress being head coach there is no way he picks Geno. He was part of the decision to bring in Weeden in the first place plus he would have just broken in a rookie to his system, probably wouldn't want to do it two years in a row.

I think the answer to what we do with the first pick (if we get it) strongly depends on what happens to this regime at the end of the season. The less of the current front office we have the stronger it is we don't trade. The more front office personnel we have that was affiliated with this draft the stronger chance we have in trading out of the pick. This is of course all just my opinion.

Yeah Childress doesn't excite me as a head coach... Bt it's just a rough mock to get some good conversation going tonight.

Seem good thoughts there. I like your take on front office holdovers and eye chance of trades. Good stuff.
NickZambo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
If Geno tanks after 5 weeks he will be 22 years old. I dont see the comparison.

And Jamarcus Russell was 22 after his 5th start.

I have no idea where this is going... hahaha

Talent is talent regardless of age. Weeden looks better at 29 in his rookie year that Jamarcus Russell (the 1st overall draft pick in 2007) did in any of his 3 or 4 year worthless career.

OK sweet. You are the one advocating patience with the QB and then you are also the one comparing struggling rookies to Jamarcus Russel, who never should have been given a rope. Whats your point? That some players are bad and some players are good? Thanks for that.

My point is that people in Cleveland (such as yourself) are so enamored with drafting a franchise QB in the top 3 picks of the draft that you are good with cutting ties with a potential franchise QB that we already could have in Weeden. And I am not saying give him time for the sake of giving him time, I am saying give him time b/c he will continue to get better than he is today. I am saying give him time b/c he is good. So you don't like him because he is 29? Cool. If he was 22 would you like him more?

Do you not recognize that Brandon Weeden is a talented QB? You wanna draft Geno if we pick #1 overall? What makes you think Geno is worthy of a #1 pick? B/C he is lighting up the Big12 and is 21?

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
roger murdock wrote:

Talent is talent regardless of age. Weeden looks better at 29 in his rookie year that Jamarcus Russell (the 1st overall draft pick in 2007) did in any of his 3 or 4 year worthless career.

OK sweet. You are the one advocating patience with the QB and then you are also the one comparing struggling rookies to Jamarcus Russel, who never should have been given a rope. Whats your point? That some players are bad and some players are good? Thanks for that.

My point is that people in Cleveland (such as yourself) are so enamored with drafting a franchise QB in the top 3 picks of the draft that you are good with cutting ties with a potential franchise QB that we already could have in Weeden. And I am not saying give him time for the sake of giving him time, I am saying give him time b/c he will continue to get better than he is today. I am saying give him time b/c he is good. So you don't like him because he is 29? Cool. If he was 22 would you like him more?

Do you not recognize that Brandon Weeden is a talented QB? You wanna draft Geno if we pick #1 overall? What makes you think Geno is worthy of a #1 pick? B/C he is lighting up the Big12 and is 21?

Wow. Getting a bit carried away there...

First, I'm not in Cleveland.

Second, if followed anything I have said in multiple threads, not only this year but in years past, I hate the idea of drafting QBs over and over.

Third, I have said many many many many many times that weeden has shown many good things and that many of the bad things are due to him being young developmentally. But no one knows how far he can develop, and if he will do it fast enough to secure his job.

I didn't bring up Weldon's age as a reason to replace him. I brought up ago in regards to the asinine joe Thomas comparison.

Is geno worth the number one? Noone knows! Which is why it has been said many many many times that it is still very early. Did you not read the title of this thread?

Right now, geno looks amazing. Will it continue? We will see....
Right now, Weeden looks good and bad. Will it continue? We will see...

Its call conversation and asking questions about what MIGHT happen.

Chill out, READ what has already been written, and then respond.

Last edited by Drew_Carey on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say we cut Weedon and Weldon, but keep Weeden.
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
I say we cut Weedon and Weldon, but keep Weeden.

Again, if you read that has already been addressed. And now that I'm on my iPad its going to be worse. Haha. Could get really bad. I hate the autocorrect on here.

Last edited by Drew_Carey on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
NickZambo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
roger murdock wrote:

Second, if followed anything I have said in multiple threads, not only this year but in years past, I hate the idea of drafting QBs over and over.

Third, I have said many many many many many times that weeden has shown many good things and that many of the bad things are due to him being young developmentally. But no one knows how far he can develop, and if he will do it fast enough to secure his job.

I didn't bring up Weldon's age as a reason to replace him. I brought up ago in regards to the asinine joe Thomas comparison.

Is geno worth the number one? Noone knows! Which is why it has been said many many many times that it is still very early. Did you not read the title of this thread?

If you read who I was quoting, you would realize I was speaking to Murdock not you Mr. Emerald City...

Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
roger murdock wrote:

If you read who I was quoting, you would realize I was speaking to Murdock not you Mr. Emerald City...

Oops.... Embarassed I feel like a horse's arse right now. Haha
NickZambo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
roger murdock wrote:

Oops.... Embarassed Hehe I feel dumb now.

No problem, we are all just passionate browns fans here. I have no beef with any of you guys and everyone is entitled to opine.

Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

I must need a Snickers. I'm not myself when I get hungry... I turn all Betty White.... Haha
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd prolly lean towards a trade down unless Geno Smith continues to look like the second coming.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: way too early mock Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:

#1. QB, Geno Smith
- By far the #1 pick. With Weedon struggling to transition to the NFL game, passing on an ELITE QB prospect is not in the cards. KNEE JERK REACTION ON THE QB RDE OR CB WOULD BE MUCH BETTER. TRADE DOWN WOULD BEST OF COURSE

2nd. WR, Josh Gordon COMING ALONG BIT BY BIT

3rd. CB, Jordan Poyer TALL ATHLETIC CB. I LIKE THAT IDEA

4th. WR, Da'Rick Rogers HATE IT

5th. OG, Braden Hansen MEH

6th. RB, Chris Thompson MEH

7th. OT, LaAdrian Waddle MEH

7th. S, John Boyett MEH

Responded in caps

Nothing knee jerk about wanting the Browns to take the best player in the entire draft if they are in position to.

You need continuity at the QB position. Smith looks good but are really wanting a 3rd Big 12 QB in 4 years? By that logic we should draft a LT that is stronger than Joe if he is BPA.

No CB rated in the top 10, not to mention top 3...Yet

The group of DEs, as we have talked a bit in the other thread, is looking much more shaky than most thought it would at this point. Many of these guys are simply not performing. Im not sure Id be comfortable passing on BPA at the #1 pick in the draft.

Agreed but it may iron itself as the season goes along.

trading down is always an option, but that is only realistic if Weedon performs at a high level - and if he does are the Browns picking #1?? If Geno Smith is BPA of the draft and we can draft him you pile up the picks at that point period and continue to build.

4th
Whats to hate about Da'Rick Rogers? He is in the same mold as Little and Gordon. You dont hate those guys I assume? Its tough to gripe about a 4th round rotation/project player... You want starters here?
Nope the Wr core is young enough adding a FA WR is prefferable and addressing position on D say DB or DE
late
"MEH" on late round picks? Id love to hear your insights....to early for late rounders for me. FWIW MEH =No comment Yet tight now

That help

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
roger murdock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
roger murdock wrote:

Even if Weeden was the same age as Geno coming out of college he still would be drafted after him. Ginos smarter, more accurate, and much more polished.

And yes, if I am told that both Geno Smith and Brandon Weeden blow up and become good quarterbacks I trade Weeden and draft Geno and laugh at the people who give up 8 years of a star NFLs QBs career so they can trade back to fix the O-line.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: