Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6: Minnesota Vikings vs Washington Redskins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
If we can hold Atlanta to 24 points, we can hold Minnesota to 24 points. Unfortunately, I doubt we'll score more than 20 (sorry, Papa John's lovers) so I see us losing this one 24-16.

Sounds good in theory, but the Redskins also gave up 31 points to the Rams and 38 points to the Bengals.

And we also scored 40 on the Saints, 28 on the Rams, and 31 on the Bengals. I'm making a low-scoring prediction for both sides.

Saints defense is terrible, Rams defense is legit and the Bengals defense has been pretty bad too. The Vikes defense is probably on par with the Rams, but more stout against the run.

And i do agree, I think the score will be low. The Vikes have had a conservative offensive approach to date, especially in close games as I suspect this game to be. The Vikes defense should keep the Redskins under 24. I think the Vikings will win 24-20.

To be fair the Skins faced the #1 defense against the run and Morris got over 100 yards in win against Tampa. And it shouldnt have been that close thanks to Cundiff.

2014 FFMD Redskins Assistant to the General Manager
2014 NFL Mock Draft
REDSKINS WAR ROOM
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not going to lie, Morris does concern me as a runner, especially with Shanahan's system. I could see the Vikes getting gashed for a few big runs. MN really hasnt faced a running attack like the Redskins yet, they have played more down hill running offenses like he 49ers and Jags, it will be interesting to see how they respond to a ZBS oriented running attack.

The Vikes LBs have been superb in run defense though.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys, your daddy has arrived for the week.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Not going to lie, Morris does concern me as a runner, especially with Shanahan's system. I could see the Vikes getting gashed for a few big runs. MN really hasnt faced a running attack like the Redskins yet, they have played more down hill running offenses like he 49ers and Jags, it will be interesting to see how they respond to a ZBS oriented running attack.

The third leading rusher in the league doesn't concern you?

RIP Sean Taylor "Forever a Redskin"
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Huh
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Huh

Some how I read that differently lol

RIP Sean Taylor "Forever a Redskin"
Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
The Vikings are an average team with a better than average record. RG3 returns with a career game throwing 2tds,rushing for a td and pAssing for over 350 yards.
Redskins-31
Vikings-24
The Vikings are honestly underrated. Lets be real they beat the 49ers they blow out the titans and came back and won against the Jags they are good for good reasons.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to go out on a limb and say The Washington Redskins loose a game in a nail biter. Haha Laughing

We'll hang tough with te Vikes but won't make the plays in the end to win. I think AD, Ponder and Harvin are going to eat our defense alive.

Vikes- 24
Skins- 20
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikes are pretty good. Rob Jackson been not doing good I think Marcus White might need to get shot. Our front 7 been awful since the saints game.

Last edited by Dashing on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont think RG3 will play.

20-17 redskins.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
dont think RG3 will play.

Seemnly enough our D did get better these past two games slightly or a little but it is improving. We have a history of giving AP problems . The Vikes will have a very good defense and will destroy our DL . I think Kirk will impress us real well this week if he starts .

20-17 redskins.

I actually liked Kirk Cousins a lot as a draft prospect, I was convinced he would be a 2nd or 3rd rd pick and possible day one starter. I was surprised he went to Washington. If Cousins does start, I think he could do a decent job.

Regardless of who wins, it should be a close game, one in which both teams could win depending upon who gets the break. I think this is a game the Vikings should be expected to win if they want to seriously compete in the NFC North this year.
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like us in this one. We almost beat them last season with Grossman. If RG3 plays, he's going to frustrate the hell outta their pass rush and I think that's the strength of their defense. Their secondary is not good and I think our receivers have an advantage against them. I had us losing last week obviously but we made it closer than I would have thought. I have a good feeling about this week. I think Ponder has a tough day on the road and AP is banged up. I think we come in next Sunday and play our tails off.

I have (only if RG3 plays):

Redskins: 27
Vikings: 24

mike23md on the sig!
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Vikes are pretty good. Rob Jackson been not doing good I think Marcus White might need to get shot. Our front 7 been awful since the saints game.
but I thought you said Jackson was as good as Orakpo at pass rushing..... Confused

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Say hello to 2-4.

I need you to elaborate some. Do I think we're a playoff team? No way. But we are not the doormat anymore. We're gonna have some bad games and some good games. I think we take the Vikes this week and even if we don't, I don't see how this is a guaranteed L like I thought with ATL. We have just as much talent as Minn and we are the home team.

mike23md on the sig!
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
It's not always our defense that loses games.

Rob Jackson is a back up player. He has some plays where he plays well and some where he doesn't, it's why he's been our reserve OLB. We miss Orakpo.

Jarvis Jenkins is basically a rookie. He has plays where he plays well and others where he looks like a rookie. We miss Adam Carriker in our front 7.

You take two of a units best players off any team and they will suffer. It's not a surprise to me that we have been inconsistent on D without 3 of our projected starters on defense. Meriweather is our best safety - out

Orakpo is our best or 2nd best pass rusher and olb - out

Carriker is our most consistent or 2nd most consistent DE- out

It's not a shock to me and it should a shock be to no one that this D has struggled to overcome those 3 three losses. They are huge and were a major part of this defenses plans and it's hard to replace their production. Obviously, we are struggling to do so.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 2 of 25

Jump to: