Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Scott possibly done for year (Scott to IR, Moch added)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
theJ wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
how does a guy like Doug Martin look right about now. Anyone wish we would have taken him over Kirkpatrick or something?

I wanted muscle hamster at 17 and 21. I still think he's going to be special if TB uses him correctly.

I would have loved him. But I can't say over Kirkpatrick because our corners suck and we can't blame him for being hurt. But we shouldn't have waited until the 7th round to take a back. That just isn't smart.

I wanted Lemarr Miller who the phins got in the mid rounds. Would have been an upgrade over BJGE...

I wanted to draft him too. Wasn't happy with the Herron pick. But not as a starting back, but a good #2 option

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
I'm going to be ticked that we'll have to use a high pick to get a decent RB. I have very little faith in our team developing a good RB (And no I don't consider Rudi, Cedric, etc.. good backs), so we'll need one that is close to a finished product...

A high pick on a RB doesn't guarentee anything IMO.

Look at RB's taken high in recent years, Montario Hardesty/ Marc Ingram/ Felix Jones/ Mikel Leshoure/ Ryan Mathews/ Darren McFadden/ Knowshon Moreno/ CJ Spiller/ Beanie Wells. These guys aren't exactly tearin the place up this year.

Compare this list with Jackie Battle/ Lagarrette Blount/ Brandon Bolden/ Ahmad Bradshaw/ Arien Foster/ Fred Jackson/ Bilal Powell/ James Starks/ Pierre Thomas, all RB's who have given good service as undrafted guys.

I loved Doug Martin for us, and TRich looks impressive up on the lake, but we all know how short-lived the RB position is, and IMO its just ultra risky to take a RB high, compared to other positions.

Scott may have run his last go with us, BJGE don't look good, so I'd be looking to rebuild our RB fleet with mid-rounders and UFA's this coming off season.

Oh and good O-line play helps too......

Last edited by LondonBengal on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Anonymous3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the law firm hits the hole like a 40 year old virgin, but let's be realistic. Until we start getting some push in the running game and opening holes on the next level, we will never be a good running team. Our problem is when we get push in the trenches, we can never extend our blocking to the next level, which is why we hardly ever have runs of 20+ yards (besides the lack of speed at the position).

Let's pray Cook can help improve that, but if not we may need to look at upgrading some positions like LG and possibly even FB. Not having a Reggie Kelly at TE isn't helping either.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous3 wrote:
I know the law firm hits the hole like a 40 year old virgin, but let's be realistic. Until we start getting some push in the running game and opening holes on the next level, we will never be a good running team. Our problem is when we get push in the trenches, we can never extend our blocking to the next level, which is why we hardly ever have runs of 20+ yards (besides the lack of speed at the position).

Let's pray Cook can help improve that, but if not we may need to look at upgrading some positions like LG and possibly even FB. Not having a Reggie Kelly at TE isn't helping either.

When B.Scott came in, it was noticeable how the Dolphins struggled with his pace and burst; a real shame he got dinged. We aren't going to do much this year with just BJGE's limited pace.

Right now, we'd have been better off sticking with Benson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: