Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 5 - vs. Dolphins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Pick da winner
Bengals
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Dolphins
38%
 38%  [ 7 ]
Bengals in a squeaker 256-0
44%
 44%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 18

TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
we need to make a move for a speed back or something like Steve Slaton

Honestly we should trade for one of the Carolina RB's. Jonathan Stewart is prime for a trade. His contract isn't that friendly but we need a stud RB like him...

The asking price would be really high. A first minimum

Doubt it would be that high. Carolina is way under-utilizing him and their run game in general. You are talking about a guy that has 107 rushing yards so far this season. Carolina would be lucky to get a 2nd round pick. I would say conditional 3rd. That team needs to re-build and it would be tough to do with so much invested in the RB position...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:

Honestly we should trade for one of the Carolina RB's. Jonathan Stewart is prime for a trade. His contract isn't that friendly but we need a stud RB like him...

The asking price would be really high. A first minimum

Doubt it would be that high. Carolina is way under-utilizing him and their run game in general. You are talking about a guy that has 107 rushing yards so far this season. Carolina would be lucky to get a 2nd round pick. I would say conditional 3rd. That team needs to re-build and it would be tough to do with so much invested in the RB position...

I don't know. They just paid the man. I doubt they let him go that easily

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:

I don't know. They just paid the man. I doubt they let him go that easily

You're probably right but at some point they'll have to trade DWill or him. One would think...

chris00cm wrote:
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:

I understand Larry Johnson is bored right now. He'd fit right in with the Chris Crocker re-signing........
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notes from re-watching the game:

- Dalton was off. A lot of inaccurate throws this game.

- Faine and Boling took turns letting their man disrupt plays.

- Hall played his best game of the year. Looks like he got that step back.

- Clements is an odd one. He played well in the safety role sans two glaring mistakes. On the Reggie Bush TD run, he had no one blocking him and was in position to stop Bush. Instead he got lost in traffic and lets Bush run by untouched. The second play was on the 3rd and short where Rey went for the strip instead of tackling the runner behind the LOS. On that play Clements was right next to Rey in position to assist with the tackle. Instead he just stands there and relies on Rey. I know if it was Taylor Mays in that position, he would not have been as tentative.

- MJ93 had another good game. Contract year.

- Robert Geathers still sucks. On the Reggie Bush TD drive, we had the Phins in a 2nd and 15 back near midfield. Geathers left one on one had an opportunity to make a play on Tannehill. Instead he whiffs and Tannehill hits a receiver for a big gain. Next play is the Bush TD run. At this point I blame Zimmer for putting him in.

- Andre Smith had his hands full going up against Wake the majority of the day. Overall I thought he did well. The sack that Wake got was when Gresham was blocking him. Good call on protection there to match up Gresham who has been struggling in blocking with one of the best pass rushers in the NFL. Rolling Eyes

- I wanted to bash BJGE more, but it wasn't all him. One play it's Faine's fault, another Boling, another Pressley, another Andre, another Gresham, etc... Plenty of blame to go around for bad rushing. The problem is BJGE doesn't have the explosion/burst needed to succeed with our run blocking (or lack their of). Losing Scott is going to hurt. Hopefully we give more carries to Leonard.

Overall, I'm not too disappointed with the way the team played. It was a collection of a lot of 1 time mistakes that resulted in the loss. Shank punt, missed FG, fumble by Binns, drop by Hawkins, missed stuff by Rey, INT on a great play by a D-Linemen, etc... I think we can re-group from this loss...

chris00cm wrote:
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Notes from re-watching the game:
- Dalton was off. A lot of inaccurate throws this game.
- Faine and Boling took turns letting their man disrupt plays.
- Hall played his best game of the year. Looks like he got that step back.
- Clements is an odd one.
- MJ93 had another good game. Contract year.
- Robert Geathers still sucks.
- Andre Smith had his hands full going up against Wake
- I wanted to bash BJGE more, but it wasn't all him.
Overall, I'm not too disappointed with the way the team played. It was a collection of a lot of 1 time mistakes that resulted in the loss. Shank punt, missed FG, fumble by Binns, drop by Hawkins, missed stuff by Rey, INT on a great play by a D-Linemen, etc... I think we can re-group from this loss...

Just watched the game over too.......

- Dalton.... 'was off. A lot of inaccurate throws this game'. He is normally v.accurate. He has to remember that when he goes to Hawkins he has a smaller 'window' than when he goes to AJ.... Hawkins was open though on all his drops, guy gets tremendous seperation.......
- Faine and Boling 'took turns letting their man disrupt plays'. Just playing a tougher, better defence v MIA. Excellent blocking on Scotts long run because he was hitting the holes quicker than BJGE.
- Hall 'played his best game of the year'. Agree, looked like the old LH
- Clements 'is an odd one'. Certainly is.
- MJ93 'had another good game. Contract year'. We need to get this guy extended before seasons end......
- Robert Geathers 'still sucks'. Anyone know why did we gave Geathers the big contract and not Justin Smith ? Discuss........
- Andre Smith and Andrew Whitworth played well IMO. Stellar pair of tackles we need to keep locked up.
- BJGE just plain unimpressive. RB a priority now in the mid-rounds, o r even with the OAK 2nd rounder.

Last edited by LondonBengal on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll say this about MJ93, when he gets that fat contract he should give some of that money to Geno Atkins. On the first drive of the day when he got a sack on 3rd down, it was actually all Geno. It's something I've notice that Geno does on occasion. Basically he takes his man and runs right at the LT, in this case Jake Long. Geno takes out two O-Linemen and then MJ93 stunts back to the inside unblocked and gets a sack.

It's not your standard stunt because Geno engages his man first and literally takes him with him...

chris00cm wrote:
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
I'll say this about MJ93, when he gets that fat contract he should give some of that money to Geno Atkins. On the first drive of the day when he got a sack on 3rd down, it was actually all Geno. It's something I've notice that Geno does on occasion. Basically he takes his man and runs right at the LT, in this case Jake Long. Geno takes out two O-Linemen and then MJ93 stunts back to the inside unblocked and gets a sack.

It's not your standard stunt because Geno engages his man first and literally takes him with him...

I've noticed that too. Instead of trying to get around his man, he just turns him sideways and rides him upfield. That really opens up some holes for blitzers and DE's.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

I've noticed that too. Instead of trying to get around his man, he just turns him sideways and rides him upfield. That really opens up some holes for blitzers and DE's.

He is the best 4-3 DT in the game right now. No doubt in my mind

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:

Spot on.

Geno was superb; but then he has been each game, so its easy to overlook him.

Geno Atkins, team MVP thru 5 hands down.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: