Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Everyone's favorite fivehead: Broncos @ Patriots GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win?
Patriots
71%
 71%  [ 20 ]
Broncos
28%
 28%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 28

Author Message
Sciz


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 15642
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
Sciz wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
Richter wrote:
Just look at the position of that ref, and where he's looking. What could he possibly be thinking that prevents his hand from reflexively pulling the flag out of his pocket? Just an absolute farce.


What is this ones name again?


Assuming Steratore had the same crew as last week:
umpire Bill Schuster
head linesman Wayne Mackie
line judge Jeff Seeman
field judge Bob Waggoner
side judge Jimmy De Bell
back judge Greg Steed

And I'll admit that I have no idea which one that is


haha, I guess I should of explained....I was posting an answer to the guys question as to what made this ref not call the hold.

So really I was saying that the ref was thinking to himself, "What's this ones name again?" as in Jones isn't a popular name around the league yet and therefore doesn't get respect.

bad joke on my part Embarassed


Ahh. I thought you wanted to do something bad to the ref, which I fully support Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pats#1


Joined: 19 Aug 2011
Posts: 4537
Location: Plymouth, MA
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
Sciz wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
Richter wrote:
Just look at the position of that ref, and where he's looking. What could he possibly be thinking that prevents his hand from reflexively pulling the flag out of his pocket? Just an absolute farce.


What is this ones name again?


Assuming Steratore had the same crew as last week:
umpire Bill Schuster
head linesman Wayne Mackie
line judge Jeff Seeman
field judge Bob Waggoner
side judge Jimmy De Bell
back judge Greg Steed

And I'll admit that I have no idea which one that is


haha, I guess I should of explained....I was posting an answer to the guys question as to what made this ref not call the hold.

So really I was saying that the ref was thinking to himself, "What's this ones name again?" as in Jones isn't a popular name around the league yet and therefore doesn't get respect.

bad joke on my part Embarassed


Ahh. I thought you wanted to do something bad to the ref, which I fully support Laughing



_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
young juice


Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 961
Location: Bay Area, CA
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:
Alfonzo Dennard: STUD

He was playing the #2 CB by the second half. In his first game, against a QB like Manning as well. I hope we found the steal of the draft in him, because we need someone in the secondary with the swagger and confidence he has.



Was wondering how he did Bleacher Report said he did ok. I saw a play on redzone where he was covering some in the red zone and broke it up. Celebrated a lil after. Most def has confidence.
_________________
Free Max B RIP Stack Bundles

925 to 617 to 805

RIP Marquise Hill (August 8, 1982 May 28, 2007)
RIP Sean Taylor (April 1, 1983 November 27, 2007)

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pats9ers


Joined: 21 Aug 2012
Posts: 430
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:


bwahahahaha this gif is hilarious
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Grachuus


Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 25182
Location: Thanks for the Sig Deadpulse!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Just look at the position of that ref, and where he's looking. What could he possibly be thinking that prevents his hand from reflexively pulling the flag out of his pocket? Just an absolute farce.


If you look at the first touch down throw Peyton makes there's Wilfork getting held much more egregiously than the one called against our center later in the game as well. That judge was terrible.
_________________

Mark Twain wrote:
Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.

QBvsDefensiveQuality
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lomaxgr


Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 20865
Location: Manchester, England
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game gents. Just like the Texans game we lost, I don't think this was anywhere near as close as the scoreline might suggest. We just didn't have an answer to the (ridiculously) fast no huddle Offense of yours. The only formation we defend the run well out of is our base 4-3 Defense (Derek Wolfe at DE) and we couldn't use that much because then Brady will find the obvious matchup problem when our heavy unit is on the field. Manning gets lauded for his work presnap, but Tom Brady is the best presnap QB I have ever seen in terms of finding the correct matchup for your Offense. The way he uses motion and shifts to identify Defensive coverages is just too much for a rather average Defense like ours to handle.

Like we told you before the game Tzimisce, this isn't the same Von Miller you saw last year. He is a special, special talent and I think you guys saw a few glimpses of that yesterday.

Best of luck the rest of the way people.
_________________


MUFC OK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TGShabba


Joined: 20 Oct 2010
Posts: 515
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
Like we told you before the game Tzimisce, this isn't the same Von Miller you saw last year. He is a special, special talent and I think you guys saw a few glimpses of that yesterday.


Von Miller is legit. As is Thomas.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
24isthelaw


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 7559
Location: Where the Patriots are
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
Like we told you before the game Tzimisce, this isn't the same Von Miller you saw last year. He is a special, special talent and I think you guys saw a few glimpses of that yesterday.

Best of luck the rest of the way people.


Thanks man, same to you. Tzi isn't the only one of us eating crow on Miller.


Ian from Patsfans.com broke down the Pats running performance by run direction and player. It really shows how raw Bolden is as a runner - negative yardage inside the tackles, but 6 carries for 51 yards off left and right end.
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ChazStandard


Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Posts: 3306
Location: The bandwagon, hop on up!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:
Like we told you before the game Tzimisce, this isn't the same Von Miller you saw last year. He is a special, special talent and I think you guys saw a few glimpses of that yesterday.

Best of luck the rest of the way people.


Thanks man, same to you. Tzi isn't the only one of us eating crow on Miller.


Ian from Patsfans.com broke down the Pats running performance by run direction and player. It really shows how raw Bolden is as a runner - negative yardage inside the tackles, but 6 carries for 51 yards off left and right end.


I'm not saying for certain, but couldn't that equally show that Volmer/Solder + a TE (probably Gronk) are simply better run blockers than the slightly mish-mash interior line we have right now?
_________________


2013 Adopt-a-Pat:Tom Brady, Quarterback
Stats: 257-430-2896 17TDs 7INT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Grachuus


Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 25182
Location: Thanks for the Sig Deadpulse!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:
Like we told you before the game Tzimisce, this isn't the same Von Miller you saw last year. He is a special, special talent and I think you guys saw a few glimpses of that yesterday.

Best of luck the rest of the way people.


Thanks man, same to you. Tzi isn't the only one of us eating crow on Miller.


Ian from Patsfans.com broke down the Pats running performance by run direction and player. It really shows how raw Bolden is as a runner - negative yardage inside the tackles, but 6 carries for 51 yards off left and right end.


I'm not saying for certain, but couldn't that equally show that Volmer/Solder + a TE (probably Gronk) are simply better run blockers than the slightly mish-mash interior line we have right now?


I think it has more to do with how the plays themselves develop and what that does to the defense. Our interior line loves to pull. So when you've got these stretch plays those guys are flying off to the side. It puts pressure on the defense to play their gaps properly which is part of the reason we like the stretch so much. Each man has to take a hole properly or the running back can squeeze out and gash them.

So I would not really characterize it as our interior line being bad so much as having different strengths than a pure interior running team. It should be noted also that Bolden is just not as nifty as Ridley so where Ridley squirts through a small space and makes some decent yardage Bolden does not. I do like Bolden's vision but he just doesn't find and pass through the smaller gaps like Ridley does.
_________________

Mark Twain wrote:
Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.

QBvsDefensiveQuality
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 38455
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now Brady is 9-4 all time against Manning Smile
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 45456
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Patriots had 18 rushing first downs yesterday; 19 the week before.
There are 7 teams that don't have that many on the season.

Cardinals, Titans, Browns, Saints, Jets, Cowboys, Raiders
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
NinjaZX6R


Joined: 05 Jun 2011
Posts: 8924
Location: Columbus, Ohio
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. 1 in Offensive yards, no. 1 in pts, No. 3 in Rush yards, no. 6 in passing yards.


D,
24th in total yards, 31st in passing yards Crying or Very sad
Tied 10th for rush yards allowed, 20th in points allowed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 45456
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaZX6R wrote:

Tied 10th for rush yards allowed
8th actually.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
NinjaZX6R


Joined: 05 Jun 2011
Posts: 8924
Location: Columbus, Ohio
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? ESPN said that we were tied w. the Lions for 10th. Good news either way.


Sacks-19th
INT-7th
FF-1st Tied w. Seattle (Ridley better have good grip on the ball).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 42 of 45

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group