Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cole Beasley gets jersey retired.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Little Elm HS have done more?
No- I hate sunshine and happiness
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Yes- retire football as a sport there
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Yes- How does Beasley Field sound?
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Hell Yes- Beasley High School from now on
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 9

Author Message
Ace5


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 6127
Location: CT
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Cole Beasley gets jersey retired. Reply with quote

Greatness finally recognized

The first in a long line of accolades. How will this affect his performance this week against the ravens? Will he inspire Garrett to stick to the balanced attack with his eye popping high school numbers, both passing and rushing? Will the Ravens honor him at halftime as well?

This is a great day for all Cowboys fans, and football fans around the world.
_________________
iPwn wrote:
Your sig is wherever your car keys are. Sorry you won't ever see it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
The_Slamman


Joined: 07 Feb 2005
Posts: 13409
Location: Las Vegas, NV
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about changing the team name to the Elm HS Beasleys? With a huge sign that says "home Of The Beasleys"?
_________________
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ace5


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 6127
Location: CT
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the very least, I'd expect a giant sign on the highway, stating, "Welcome to this podunk city, which actually managed to produce COLE BEASLEY"
_________________
iPwn wrote:
Your sig is wherever your car keys are. Sorry you won't ever see it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Ace5


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 6127
Location: CT
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote



These jerseys would be way better if they said Beasleys. The Cole Beasleys.
_________________
iPwn wrote:
Your sig is wherever your car keys are. Sorry you won't ever see it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20462
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with naming the field after him since renaming the state of Texas to Beasley wasn't an option to choose from.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 37396
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"It's an honor to get your jersey retired from any place really," Beasley said prior to the ceremony. "It's a great opportunity to go back to my high school, and hopefully they appreciate me a little bit and don't hate me."



Way to modest. Its adorable.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ianlewis16


Joined: 07 Dec 2004
Posts: 23975
Location: Proud Eagles Forum First Ballot HOF Member
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Quote:
"It's an honor to get your jersey retired from any place really," Beasley said prior to the ceremony. "It's a great opportunity to go back to my high school, and hopefully they appreciate me a little bit and don't hate me."



Way to modest. Its adorable.


is he insinuating that some people actually hate him?
_________________
Kempes wrote:
There's Eastern Time, there's Greenwich Mean Time and then there's ianlewis time.

Blahman88 wrote:
I control the EBB.......except Ian, no body can control him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ace5


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 6127
Location: CT
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ianlewis16 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Quote:
"It's an honor to get your jersey retired from any place really," Beasley said prior to the ceremony. "It's a great opportunity to go back to my high school, and hopefully they appreciate me a little bit and don't hate me."



Way to modest. Its adorable.


is he insinuating that some people actually hate him?


jealous to the point of hatred. Hate that they can't be him.
_________________
iPwn wrote:
Your sig is wherever your car keys are. Sorry you won't ever see it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ianlewis16


Joined: 07 Dec 2004
Posts: 23975
Location: Proud Eagles Forum First Ballot HOF Member
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ace5 wrote:
ianlewis16 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Quote:
"It's an honor to get your jersey retired from any place really," Beasley said prior to the ceremony. "It's a great opportunity to go back to my high school, and hopefully they appreciate me a little bit and don't hate me."



Way to modest. Its adorable.


is he insinuating that some people actually hate him?


jealous to the point of hatred. Hate that they can't be him.


ladies wanna be on him, guys wanna be him. its a hard life being the beas.
_________________
Kempes wrote:
There's Eastern Time, there's Greenwich Mean Time and then there's ianlewis time.

Blahman88 wrote:
I control the EBB.......except Ian, no body can control him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
dahobofest


Joined: 20 Jun 2012
Posts: 839
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's only a matter of time before the Cowboys retire Beasley's number... he'll be the first officially retired Cowboys jersey I believe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ace5


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 6127
Location: CT
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
It's only a matter of time before the Cowboys retire Beasley's number... he'll be the first officially retired Cowboys jersey I believe.


They're going to retire the stadium for him.
_________________
iPwn wrote:
Your sig is wherever your car keys are. Sorry you won't ever see it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Calvert28


Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 16734
Location: Adopt a Player: McGee
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a yearly parade. Can't be that much to celebrate in a small town.
_________________

Sciz wrote:
The sarcastic comments are getting old. We already dislike you. Don't make it worse.
LIES!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ace5


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 6127
Location: CT
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:
Have a yearly parade. Can't be that much to celebrate in a small town.


Ithink they need to package contraceptives with his face on it. Make it cool for the kids. Get cowboys fans to stop pumping out kids too.
_________________
iPwn wrote:
Your sig is wherever your car keys are. Sorry you won't ever see it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Nextyearfordaboyz


Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Posts: 17193
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
It's only a matter of time before the Cowboys retire Beasley's number... he'll be the first officially retired Cowboys jersey I believe.


He'll be the first player to have his jersey retired while still playing...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 37396
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ace5 wrote:
Calvert28 wrote:
Have a yearly parade. Can't be that much to celebrate in a small town.


Ithink they need to package contraceptives with his face on it. Make it cool for the kids. Get cowboys fans to stop pumping out kids too.


"Hello, I'd like some condoms - Cole Brand please."

"Which size"

"Beastly, please"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group