Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bengals place B Scott on IR;Active Dontay Moch
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 15519
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Bengals place B Scott on IR;Active Dontay Moch Reply with quote

Quote:
Those fears were realized Monday, and the Bengals placed Scott on injured reserve.

They filled his roster spot with the reinstatement of linebacker Dontay Moch, who was suspended the first four games of the season, and had a roster exemption last week.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/08/bengals-put-bernard-scott-on-injured-reserve/


Torn ACL for Bernard Scott which is unfortunate. He looked like the change of pace back we needed until he went down.

On the plus side the Mochness monster is active now. Supposedly during his suspension he bulked up to 270 lbs. When he came back to the Bengals practices last week, he ran a 40 in 4.3 seconds.

6'2, 270 lbs., 4.3 40 speed. Interested in seeing how that translates to the field...
_________________


chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38048
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Bengals place B Scott on IR;Active Dontay Moch Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Quote:
Those fears were realized Monday, and the Bengals placed Scott on injured reserve.

They filled his roster spot with the reinstatement of linebacker Dontay Moch, who was suspended the first four games of the season, and had a roster exemption last week.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/08/bengals-put-bernard-scott-on-injured-reserve/


Torn ACL for Bernard Scott which is unfortunate. He looked like the change of pace back we needed until he went down.

On the plus side the Mochness monster is active now. Supposedly during his suspension he bulked up to 270 lbs. When he came back to the Bengals practices last week, he ran a 40 in 4.3 seconds.

6'2, 270 lbs., 4.3 40 speed. Interested in seeing how that translates to the field...


It barely translated when he was in college, IIRC. Looked like Tarzan, played like Jane. Still, he might be better served in a front seven that requires attention at several spots along the DL, which Geno Atkins, Domata Peko, Michael Johnson and Carlos Dunlap require.
_________________

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 15519
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Bengals place B Scott on IR;Active Dontay Moch Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
It barely translated when he was in college, IIRC. Looked like Tarzan, played like Jane. Still, he might be better served in a front seven that requires attention at several spots along the DL, which Geno Atkins, Domata Peko, Michael Johnson and Carlos Dunlap require.


It actually translated pretty well in college, people just didn't know how it would translate in the NFL. Last season he was banged up and had Percy Harvin type migrane issues so he was shelved the entire season.

This preseason was the first time he got any extended playing time (granted it was preseason). And he got 3.5 sacks in the preseason. He looked quick as advertised on the field, but it was against backups.

As for finding a spot. Bengals always rotate their D-Linemen. Would be thrilled if Moch took snaps away from Robert Geathers...
_________________


chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 23195
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta play well to not be the fluke in Waldo's 3-4 OLB equation. Laughing
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 15519
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Gotta play well to not be the fluke in Waldo's 3-4 OLB equation. Laughing


Laughing . That equation was pretty good IMO.

Also found this workout video of him during the suspension: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtCEWdPQSMQ&list=UU2blrmr1t89GYLvcQ9BIuiQ&index=1&feature=plcp

Kinda of meh in the beginning and then you see his ridiculous vertical and speed...
_________________


chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IrishGreen


Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 34350
Location: drinking scotch with marc lasry & wes edens
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Gotta play well to not be the fluke in Waldo's 3-4 OLB equation. Laughing


Laughing . That equation was pretty good IMO.

Also found this workout video of him during the suspension: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtCEWdPQSMQ&list=UU2blrmr1t89GYLvcQ9BIuiQ&index=1&feature=plcp

Kinda of meh in the beginning and then you see his ridiculous vertical and speed...


that equation was GOAT tbh. there was 1 or 2 exceptions, but for the most part, it was extremely accurate.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 23195
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Gotta play well to not be the fluke in Waldo's 3-4 OLB equation. Laughing


Laughing . That equation was pretty good IMO.

Also found this workout video of him during the suspension: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtCEWdPQSMQ&list=UU2blrmr1t89GYLvcQ9BIuiQ&index=1&feature=plcp

Kinda of meh in the beginning and then you see his ridiculous vertical and speed...


that equation was GOAT tbh. there was 1 or 2 exceptions, but for the most part, it was extremely accurate.


Well actually, the explosive group has all succeeded, its up to Moch and Perry to continue it. Laughing
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38048
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Bengals place B Scott on IR;Active Dontay Moch Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
It barely translated when he was in college, IIRC. Looked like Tarzan, played like Jane. Still, he might be better served in a front seven that requires attention at several spots along the DL, which Geno Atkins, Domata Peko, Michael Johnson and Carlos Dunlap require.


It actually translated pretty well in college, people just didn't know how it would translate in the NFL.


Bah, just looked at his college stats. My bad, didn't realize he was that good at Nevada.
_________________

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
IrishGreen


Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 34350
Location: drinking scotch with marc lasry & wes edens
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Gotta play well to not be the fluke in Waldo's 3-4 OLB equation. Laughing


Laughing . That equation was pretty good IMO.

Also found this workout video of him during the suspension: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtCEWdPQSMQ&list=UU2blrmr1t89GYLvcQ9BIuiQ&index=1&feature=plcp

Kinda of meh in the beginning and then you see his ridiculous vertical and speed...


that equation was GOAT tbh. there was 1 or 2 exceptions, but for the most part, it was extremely accurate.


Well actually, the explosive group has all succeeded, its up to Moch and Perry to continue it. Laughing


Perry should have 2 sacks already Mad
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 23195
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Gotta play well to not be the fluke in Waldo's 3-4 OLB equation. Laughing


Laughing . That equation was pretty good IMO.

Also found this workout video of him during the suspension: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtCEWdPQSMQ&list=UU2blrmr1t89GYLvcQ9BIuiQ&index=1&feature=plcp

Kinda of meh in the beginning and then you see his ridiculous vertical and speed...


that equation was GOAT tbh. there was 1 or 2 exceptions, but for the most part, it was extremely accurate.


Well actually, the explosive group has all succeeded, its up to Moch and Perry to continue it. Laughing


Perry should have 2 sacks already Mad


Ingram, in the Clay Matthews group had a beautiful killshot, same type of play. Was an INT for a TD, but also a penalty to nullify it. Crying or Very sad
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
24isthelaw


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 7561
Location: Where the Patriots are
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Bengals place B Scott on IR;Active Dontay Moch Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Quote:
Those fears were realized Monday, and the Bengals placed Scott on injured reserve.

They filled his roster spot with the reinstatement of linebacker Dontay Moch, who was suspended the first four games of the season, and had a roster exemption last week.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/08/bengals-put-bernard-scott-on-injured-reserve/


Torn ACL for Bernard Scott which is unfortunate. He looked like the change of pace back we needed until he went down.

On the plus side the Mochness monster is active now. Supposedly during his suspension he bulked up to 270 lbs. When he came back to the Bengals practices last week, he ran a 40 in 4.3 seconds.

6'2, 270 lbs., 4.3 40 speed. Interested in seeing how that translates to the field...


Moch Ness Sighting!

Seriously though, wasn't he 229 in college? To have gotten up to 270 is crazy.
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 15519
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Bengals place B Scott on IR;Active Dontay Moch Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
Moch Ness Sighting!

Seriously though, wasn't he 229 in college? To have gotten up to 270 is crazy.


229 sounds familiar. He was 248 lbs. at the combine. He was 258 lbs. last month and added 12 lbs. during his month long suspension.

Some serious weight gain...
_________________


chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
24isthelaw


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 7561
Location: Where the Patriots are
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Bengals place B Scott on IR;Active Dontay Moch Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
Moch Ness Sighting!

Seriously though, wasn't he 229 in college? To have gotten up to 270 is crazy.


229 sounds familiar. He was 248 lbs. at the combine. He was 258 lbs. last month and added 12 lbs. during his month long suspension.

Some serious weight gain...


That's a whole lot of adderall Laughing
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
NVRamsFan


Joined: 22 Mar 2009
Posts: 2129
Location: Reno, NV
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moch was great to watch in college here. Hope he produces for you guys he's a good high motor guy.
_________________

Sig courtesy of SJax39

Adopt a Ram
Sam Bradford
159-262 1687 yards 14 TD 4 INT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 80505
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sucks about scott, BJGE has been struggling lately
_________________


Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo


Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group