Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

KingOfTheHill84 2013/2014 Mock Drafts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: KingOfTheHill84 2013/2014 Mock Drafts Reply with quote

Sanchez's contract makes me believe there's a 95%/5% chance he'll be here/wont be here

So my current mock for 2013 is looking like this(I got us picking 8th in the draft) and Oakland and KC get Geno and Barkley. WE're gonna trade back to the middle of the 1st and pick up a 2nd and 5th. We also trade Dustin Keller after being tagged for a 4th Round pick

Round 1- Justin Hunter- 2 big WR's on the outside with Kerley in the slot. Holmes will be gone by 2014 so we're looking to the future

Round 2- Dion Jordan- Freak athlete at OLB 6-6 255, Rex should do wonders with him

Round 2- Jawan Jamison- small RB 5-8 200 but I think he's a great fit with us next to Powell

Round 3- Damontre Moore- another OLB since we badly need 2. Very skilled OLB to compliment Jordan along with Harris and Davis inside

Round 4- CJ Fiedorowicz- my favorite TE dual threat, great addition to the offense

Round 4- Kenjon Barner- another RB as insurance. Powell/Jamison/Barner is a great trio to build around

Round 5- Shamarko Thomas- more speed and youth to this defense. this dude is a playmaker. 5'10 210 and would be a nice addition to develop for the future

Round 5- John Sullen- big Guard from Auburn. Could be groomed and maybe even start next year. He's a mauler good run blocker and next to Mangold and hopefully a better Howard next year could do wonders

Round 6- Jake Stoneburner- another TE prospect, better catcher than blocker but the 2 TE sets are taking over the NFL

Round 7- Dustin Hopkins- kicker to bring as competition for Folk

I then project things to not really improve, 6-10 season. Woody and his impatient self after 5 years, no SB appearance especially with the SB in New York that year. We get drastic front office changes.

New GM- Eric DeCosta(current Ravens Asst. GM)- final say on all personnel moves included in his contract
New Head Coach- Mike McCoy(current Broncos OC)- McCoy working with Manning will make him even better. This dude is a ahead of his time and his offensive schemes are great. Hopefully he doesn't get scooped up in 2013
New DC- Jim Tomsula(49ers D-Line Coach)

2014 Draft- we're picking at #5. I got us moving up to #2 with KC who just got Barkley last year to get McCoy his QB we send our 1st, 3rd and 6th. The #1 pick will be Blake Bell most likely and I got Cleveland picking him. Trade back in the 2nd Round to middle and pick back up a 3rd Round pick

Round 1- David Ash- Texas QB and I'm hearing nothing but great things about him. Phenomenal mechanics and the history and bloodline of the Texas(state not University) intrigues me to take him at #2

Round 2- DJ Fluker- With Ryan/Tanny gone the O-Line would also be revamped. Fluker is a natural RT and you gotta protect your young QB

Round 3- Cordarrelle Patterson- Talented WR, another weapon to our young team. Truly a burner, Torrey Smith like.

Round 4- Ronald Martin- safety, playing very good in a great LSU defense. With some pro coaching he could be very very good for a long long time. Not an Ed Reed/Eric Berry/Troy Polamalu but more of an Eric Weddle/Antione Bethea/Morgan Burnett

Round 5- Wayne Lyons- gifted athlete, could be a starting CB one day.

Round 7- Jeff Tuel- QB from Washington State, limited upside, career back up most likely

So in theory if all this plays out, which it wont of course, our team will look like this

HC- Mike McCoy

QB- David Ash/Jeff Tuel
RB- Jawan Jamison/Bilal Powell/Kenjon Barner/Joe McKnight
FB- John Conner
WR- Stephen Hill/Jeremy Kerley
WR- Justin Hunter/Cordarrelle Patterson/Jordan White
TE- CJ Fiedorowicz/Jake Stoneburner/Hayden Smith
LT- D'Brickashaw Ferguson
LG- Vlad Ducasse
C- Nick Mangold
RG- John Sullen
RT- DJ Fluker

DE- Quinton Coples/Jay Richardson
NT- Kenrick Ellis/Damon Harrison
DE- Muhammad Wilkerson/Mike DeVito
OLB- Dion Jordan/Aaron Maybin/Ricky Sapp
ILB- David Harris
ILB- Demario Davis/Josh Mauga
OLB- Damontre Moore/Garrett McIntyre
CB- Darrelle Revis/Kyle Wilson/Ellis Lankster
FS- Josh Bush/Ronald Martin
SS- Laron Landry/Shamarko Thomas
CB- Antonio Cromartie/Wayne Lyons

K- Nick Folk or Dustin Hopkins
P- Robert Malone
LS- Tanner Purdum
KR- Joe McKnight
PR- Jeremy Kerley

Note: we'll also have some filler guys to help with depth and maybe some free agency moves nothing major though since extensions will be due

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good and crazy 2013. speed speed speed.

Ash going to Jets? I don't like it although it is 2 years away. I am not a fan of anyone on Texas' offense.

Rest of the 2014 is up in the air, obviously.

Mike McCoy has double duty to do? No thanks.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do even worse in 2013? That I doubt. The Jets get themselves out of some cap troubles after this season, and will likely not get as many major injuries next year.

I do like Hunter, Jordan and Jamison, in this next draft though.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
They do even worse in 2013? That I doubt. The Jets get themselves out of some cap troubles after this season, and will likely not get as many major injuries next year.

I do like Hunter, Jordan and Jamison, in this next draft though.

2013 we'll likely play a 3rd place schedule, I'm thinking

New England- twice, even better
Buffalo- twice, they should be better
Miami- twice, always tough

NFC South
Atlanta
Carolina
New Orleans
Tampa Bay

AFC North
Baltimore
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
Cleveland

3rd Place
Tennesse
Oakland

I only see 6 wins for us, right now anyway

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
Good and crazy 2013. speed speed speed.

Ash going to Jets? I don't like it although it is 2 years away. I am not a fan of anyone on Texas' offense.

Rest of the 2014 is up in the air, obviously.

Mike McCoy has double duty to do? No thanks.

Love Ash right now, he's young and I want to see where he goes from 2012-2013 that'll tell me a lot but he's a true, prototype NFL QB

rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we are able to draft Dion and Moore, I will fly back to NY, and give Rex a hug. If we get Dion, I want a vet rotating with him. He is very raw, and will need time to develop. Oregon has made him cover slot WR's , and he can get after the QB. Moore is someone I think who can start day 1 for half the teams in the league. He can attack in and outside when blitzing.

I have to watch more Hunter. So I'm not going to judge him just yet, but I'm a big Keenan Allen fan now. Its to soon for me to judge the 2014 draft.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my eyes on someone in the 2014 draft, De'Anthony Thomas.

This offense needs him bad. Reminds me of CJ2K

Props to Mack on the sig
jetsfan95

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If David Ash is our quarterback of the future, I'm becoming a Browns fan
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan95 wrote:
If David Ash is our quarterback of the future, I'm becoming a Browns fan

Why

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: