Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Greg Cossell not a fan of the 49ers offense.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love qb hits. its so embarrassing for the other guy

new sig... sorry alex
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was as beautiful as Kyle Williams block on the DE when Alex had his 28 yard TD run vs. the Saints...
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
Ill look at game stats tomorrow. But from memory (I watch a lot of PAC 12) they played Oregon close and from behind often and Stanford still ran te ball heavy with Taylor.
But luck had very little help out wide. He would hit Fleener intermediate OFTEN. Then Fleener would just out run the d. He was just too fast with the mismatches. I remember Fleener running free all the time. It wasn't a deep pass to him though. Medium with him just outrunning everybody.Also the people who tried to find flaws with Andrew said he didn't have the arm strength. Take that for what it is. He has the arm, he has everything. He's going to be very special. But yeah at the end of his pro day he dropped a 75 yard bomb in stride to owusu to prove he had it. Can't say for sure, but maybe because he wasn't dropping bombs in games?

No shots fired. Just talk. Laughing haha

Crying or Very sad Oh the humanity! We could have had him on our team and we just might not be having this discussion much at all as a result....maybe.
Crying or Very sad
Crying or Very sad
Crying or Very sad
Crying or Very sad
Crying or Very sad
Crying or Very sad
Crying or Very sad
Yes, I am STILL trying to get over it.

we know. we know.
with time my friend. with time. Wink

toilollo is coming over this april. no worries. it will all be a distant memory Laughing

Actually, I think I like Zach Ertz better...in the times I have watched, Ertz seems to be more consistent.
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
Ill look at game stats tomorrow. But from memory (I watch a lot of PAC 12) they played Oregon close and from behind often and Stanford still ran te ball heavy with Taylor.
But luck had very little help out wide. He would hit Fleener intermediate OFTEN. Then Fleener would just out run the d. He was just too fast with the mismatches. I remember Fleener running free all the time. It wasn't a deep pass to him though. Medium with him just outrunning everybody.Also the people who tried to find flaws with Andrew said he didn't have the arm strength. Take that for what it is. He has the arm, he has everything. He's going to be very special. But yeah at the end of his pro day he dropped a 75 yard bomb in stride to owusu to prove he had it. Can't say for sure, but maybe because he wasn't dropping bombs in games?

Crying or Very sad Oh the humanity! We could have had him on our team and we just might not be having this discussion much at all as a result....maybe.
Crying or Very sad
Crying or Very sad
Crying or Very sad
Crying or Very sad
Crying or Very sad
Crying or Very sad
Crying or Very sad

I actually thought we would get him too, but we didnt need to..we have Delaine!

Really?! Confused And how has that worked out for our O? Not too well, actually... Sad
sbrown

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
sbrown wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:

Crying or Very sad
Crying or Very sad
Crying or Very sad
Crying or Very sad
Crying or Very sad
Crying or Very sad
Crying or Very sad

I actually thought we would get him too, but we didnt need to..we have Delaine!

Really?! Confused And how has that worked out for our O? Not too well, actually... Sad
haha, I actually agree with rudyz I though we should have moved DW to FB/HB a few seasons ago. But I do like the matchup he brings with his athleticsm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think ertz is better too. I just think toilollo would complement vd more.
And I love his height. We don't have much on our offense.
If we can have him put on some muscle and teach him to use his body more. I would love it.

new sig... sorry alex
sherm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This offense is what it is...limited. we will make some bigs plays here and there but struggle to consistently move the ball.
jwalter_81

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How you like that Cossell! 49er offensive record set today!
big9erfan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you like that offense now Greg?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwalter_81 wrote:
How you like that Cossell! 49er offensive record set today!

yeh but unless you do it consistently there will be criticism about anything in life. we havent put up passing numbers like this before but every other team has. we just have to show the ability to do it week in and out. if we do, theres not a team that can stop us.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we should get carried away thinking we're suddenly a passing team. I don't expect us to show that much passing in every game. We are a running team first and foremost.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Miami49er

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
I don't think we should get carried away thinking we're suddenly a passing team. I don't expect us to show that much passing in every game. We are a running team first and foremost.
And I'm perfectly fine with being a running team. I just want us to consistently take advantage of the opportunities when the defense is playing the run and giving us chances to kill them with the pass.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami49er wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
And I'm perfectly fine with being a running team. I just want us to consistently take advantage of the opportunities when the defense is playing the run and giving us chances to kill them with the pass.

This. So this.

While I was enjoying the wins, last year was tough to watch our offense. We were beasting at the run many times, but just rarely capitalized on mismatches or wide open receivers, BECAUSE of our beasting run game. We made the Bills' defense pay for it. Loved.every.minute.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
Miami49er wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

This. So this.

While I was enjoying the wins, last year was tough to watch our offense. We were beasting at the run many times, but just rarely capitalized on mismatches or wide open receivers, BECAUSE of our beasting run game. We made the Bills' defense pay for it. Loved.every.minute.

These last 3 post are spot on. When the Pats started their run in the early 2000's they were a running team, but took advantage of holes and mismatches in the defense. we didnt do it against minn or the giants last season. If we can make a team pay either by loading up on the run OR the passing game, we have to make them pay. As I mentioned, If we can do it consistently...we cannot be beaten

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little love from Bill (regression model) Barnwell of Grantland...
The Niners Are Running Wild
How San Fran's ground game is wreaking havoc

Quote:
As you can see when we split out their performance by down, the Niners have started hot on first down and gotten better with each subsequent play:
----------------------2012-----------------------2011
DOWN--RUSH--YDS---YDS/CAR-l-RUSH-----YDS---YDS/CAR
1---------82-----455------5.5-----l--245-----1,070-----4.4
2---------54-----371------6.9-----l--178-------763-----4.3
3---------19-----118------6.2-----l---70--------220-----3.1
4----------2-------19------9.5-----l----4-----------4-----1.0
TOTAL--157-----963------6.1-----l-497-------2,057----4.1

This isn't just the product of big plays, either; it's a consistent, reliable attack. Last year, the Niners picked up first downs or touchdowns on 13.5 percent of their first-down carries; this year, that figure's up to 24.4 percent. They produced a first down on 28.6 percent of their third-down carries, and that's up to a whopping 52.6 percent (albeit on 19 carries). That's a truly devastating attack.

Quote:
That improved running game has also helped produce one of the best five-game stretches of Alex Smith's career. All the people who suggested that Harbaugh would make Smith much better with a full offseason certainly appear to be right,1 because Smith is playing like a smarter, more effective passer.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8477327/san-fran-balanced-attack-week-5-news

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: