Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Josh Cribbs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EL Brownso

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Cribbs would have tucked that one ball everyone would be on here raving about how well he did and how he looks like himself again. I thought he did really well yesterday except for the fumble. He made great decisions on which balls to take out of the end zone and which ones to down... He had an awesome return that could have been a touchdown. I think he is still doing pretty well just needs to focus on that part of his game and play the emergency receiver role.
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wish we would keep him, but Cribbs doesn't really fit the mold of our young core. If anything, I want him around as the leader that Fujita pretends to be.

Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok......now deal with me for a sec. His contract is up this year, we resign him....... As special teams coach
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Ok......now deal with me for a sec. His contract is up this year, we resign him....... As special teams coach

<3

Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
kelbot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still the second most explosive player with the ball in his hands on this team. Until others arrive/develop, there is no way he should be cut.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kelbot wrote:
Still the second most explosive player with the ball in his hands on this team. Until others arrive/develop, there is no way he should be cut.

I agree.

I have a hard time believing any team is going to break the bank for the guy.

In the mean time he can contribute at WR, return kicks and cover kicks and provide leadership to a young team.

I think a 2-3 year deal would be great as long as the price was right.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said this somewhere else earlier, but Cribbs should have been traded a long time ago.

He is not a WR. He is a special teams player, and for him to be the "most explosive" on the team, shows how bad this team is.
VetteDude

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think we should have developed him into a slot receiver years ago. Now its a little late for that.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
I said this somewhere else earlier, but Cribbs should have been traded a long time ago.

He is not a WR. He is a special teams player, and for him to be the "most explosive" on the team, shows how bad this team is.

So logic says that since we lack exsplosive players, we should trade away one of them?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:

So logic says that since we lack exsplosive players, we should trade away one of them?

My logic says trade Cribbs to another team in return for an explosive player that sees the field more than a couple times a game.
fatpig

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love Cribbs. makes boneheaded mistakes sometimes. he's still explosive though whenever the ball is in his hands. plays hard. underrated at WR, still got it at KR/PR. i want to keep him around as long as he's healthy and explosive which is still a couple years IMO
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:

My logic says trade Cribbs to another team in return for an explosive player that sees the field more than a couple times a game.

In this alternate universe you've described, where Cribbs has trade value, what color is the sky?
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:

In this alternate universe you've described, where Cribbs has trade value, what color is the sky?

Now he has none to very little, which is why I originally used PAST TENSE in saying I wanted to trade him "a long time ago."

PRESENT TENSE was used describing my logic in my recent statement.
Ether

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cribbs is a gladiator and actually makes pretty good decisions when taking it out of the endzone. I think you guys are seriously overrating how many times he actually gets tackled inside the 20, and it's well worth the payoff for when he can break one to the 30. He doesn't have the speed to go all the way anymore, but he can still have some nice returns. If you guys have watched any of the other returners in the league this year you'll see that Cribbs is still pretty above average.
MalcolmBrown

Location: 2014 Adopt a Brownie: Jim Dray: 7 Receptions, 91 Yards (13.0 ypc), 1 TD
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he wants to play, let him play, reduce his salary. He CAN catch the ball still. and he can still make tackles, literally the only guy I KNOW FOR SURE is on our special teams, except Phil. I think with the concussion, and his wife all upset, he may think about retiring. But I say offer him a clipboard and a ballcap. He's a Browns Legend. If he goes anywhere else to play ball, I will cry. I thought I might cry when I saw him unconcious, but I just tried not to look and smoke my cigarette. He needs to be a part of the organization because of what he has meant to the team, for always giving his all.

Second in my heart, only to Phil Dawson in the modern Browns era.

Reppin in Athens, Ohio AKA South Cleveland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: