Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why aren't we using Pilares more on offense?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UKpantherfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Why aren't we using Pilares more on offense? Reply with quote

Caught a screen pass last week vs ATL that went for a TD.

Great play last night similar to a very small number of other end around type plays that he has been in on this year.

And yet they aren't using him more often.

He has a a history as a RB and would be better on KR if the ST blocking could figure out what to do.

He has shown so many little flahes but then you don't see him for the rest of the game.

What's the deal here?
boondock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He doesn't have the bulk to maintain between the tackles, which is why the plays you have seen from him have been ones where he's out in space, which is where he's extremely dangerous. This is what we wanted Goodson to become.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that's the point.

He is dangerous out in space and the plays where we've used him have been sucessful - so why not use him more?

I'm not saying he's on Percy Harvin's level but he could be used in similar spots for us more often.
boondock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKpantherfan wrote:
And that's the point.

He is dangerous out in space and the plays where we've used him have been sucessful - so why not use him more?

I'm not saying he's on Percy Harvin's level but he could be used in similar spots for us more often.

And I agree. I think he's got the talent to be that open field guy on our team. But it's very hard to spread the ball around, we have a hard enough time getting the ball to our playmakers as it is, giving Pilares touches takes away from that. He is wortrh 3-4 touches a game, couple of screens and a couple of pitches.

Smitty, Double Trouble, Tolbert, Olsen, Lafell and Cam are all looking for touches, adding Pilares to that just complicates it even further.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I dont see a problem with having the extra options. Im sure those guys are more interested in winning than touches.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panther dude wrote:
^ I dont see a problem with having the extra options. Im sure those guys are more interested in winning than touches.

Not exactly saying that, we are having a hard time getting touches to the guys we have now and using them effectively, adding Pilares can complicate things.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I just dont see the problem the same way, I dont think having more options would make anything worse. Pilares would just add another dimension to the offense, Cam's just got to spread the ball around a little better finding the open guy and all.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather simplify things and settle this offense down. I'm in favor of giving Stewart and DeAngelo some real carries before giving Pilares more catches.

It's good that he is getting on the field though, hopefully he can develop into a decent slot presence.
shaX 07

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is, he's not able to do read option run plays or take snaps from Shotgun, so he has no place in this offense Very Happy

See what I did there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
panther dude wrote:

Not exactly saying that, we are having a hard time getting touches to the guys we have now and using them effectively, adding Pilares can complicate things.

Yeah Piling on to this trash offense is only going to make a bigger mess.

If we can't even effectively use our great players, adding on more players is only going to bring more frustration.

I swear we could use ask Madden to call plays and they would be more effective than this cute crap Chud is trolling us with.

SuperCam Career stat track.
48 GP
11,299 Pass Yards
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: