Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6: Minnesota Vikings vs Washington Redskins
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Week 6: Minnesota Vikings vs Washington Redskins Reply with quote

Where: Fed Ex Field

Time 4:25 EST

Weather: Partly Cloudy 64/55 degrees with 6 mph winds.

One of the biggest questions in this game is the status of RGIII.

If he is healthy, this is not the sight that we want to see from Minnesota. This was the hit that gave RGIII a concussion. If he is healthy, are the Shanahans going to put him in a position to reduce the risk of another concussion. If he is the franchise, then you have to believe that they need to.

The Redskins Defense played better but still allowed Julio Jones to do what he does. Catch the ball. But we have a formidable runner for the 2nd week in a row.

Containment of AD will be key to making Minnesota one dimensional. Which means the Skins can focus on pinning their ears back and getting pressure on Ponder.

The biggest threat of the game is certainly Percy Harvin. He is a primary target and just has a nose for getting open.

There is another target that is becoming very reliable for Ponder and that is Kyle Rudolph.

Rudolph and Harvin seem to be the only targets that are legitimately worthy of keeping an eye on and containing with brackets or double coverage with rolling S's to the sides of Harvin.

Minnesota rolls into Washington with a 4-1 record. Highly unexpected but not to be taken lightly.

Washington has to rely on a healthy Griffin, the run game with Morris, and Garcon and Hankerson starting to show up.

This is a tough game to call.

Prediction in a close one:

Vikings: 24
Redskins: 27

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
PSID412

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think if RG3 is ok to go then we have to do is try and keep the ball. Vikings Offence has too many weapons for us to stop them all so I think we have to control the ball. I think we have a shot but in the end the Vikings will edge it.

Vikings 28
Skins 21

^ Awesome sig by Mike23md
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say hello to 2-4.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vikings are an average team with a better than average record. RG3 returns with a career game throwing 2tds,rushing for a td and pAssing for over 350 yards.
Redskins-31
Vikings-24

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Say hello to 2-4.

Hello.

Redskins 13
Vikings 34

No. I better go with Redskins 10. 2 fgs seem a bit to much to ask of our kicker. Laughing

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop by and join the conversation!

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=501385&start=0
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
The Vikings are an average team with a better than average record. RG3 returns with a career game throwing 2tds,rushing for a td and pAssing for over 350 yards.
Redskins-31
Vikings-24

The Vikes defense is legit this year, those would be rather lofty numbers to predict. RGIII worries me on the ground, MN has struggled handling QBs who can scramble. The Redskins running game worries me too, though the Vikes have a top 5 run defense so it should be a good match up.

MN has struggled offensively in hitting downfield plays. Jerome Simpson is suppose to be that threat for MN, however he missed the first three weeks and barely played against the Titans due to a minor injury. If MN can get Simpson going, they do have a few weapons to worry about on offense in Harvin and Rudolph.

The Vikes running game is picking up steam, the holes are starting to get bigger for Peterson and he is starting to show more explosion through the hole. Peterson has been quiet in terms of big runs and TD scores, but he is consistently getting 4.8 to 5 yards a carry and will occasionally rip off a 15 yard run.

MN doesnt have a lot of flaws right now, outside a suspect down field passing attack.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Redskins-31
Vikings-24

Everyone keeps telling us this. Jacksonville, San Fran, Detroit, and most recently the Titans fans.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Redskins-31
Vikings-24

Everyone keeps telling us this. Jacksonville, San Fran, Detroit, and most recently the Titans fans.

I think after facing the Vikes, fans quickly formulate a new opinion regarding the Vikes defense. They have been lights out the past three weeks, very easily a top 5-10 defense to date. Granted they havent faced a top notch QB during that stretch, its still impressive how quickly they have turned things around. I am still concerned about RGIII.

MN isnt an average team, they are playing like a top 5 team in this conference.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Redskins-31
Vikings-24

I think after facing the Vikes, fans quickly formulate a new opinion regarding the Vikes defense. They have been lights out the past three weeks, very easily a top 5-10 defense to date. Granted they havent faced a top notch QB during that stretch, its still impressive how quickly they have turned things around. I am still concerned about RGIII.

MN isnt an average team, they are playing like a top 5 team in this conference.

I think this is the most talented both of these teams have been the past 3 years. We were able to go to FedEx 2 years in a row and beat the Redskins. This will be the toughest test yet.
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can hold Atlanta to 24 points, we can hold Minnesota to 24 points. Unfortunately, I doubt we'll score more than 20 (sorry, Papa John's lovers) so I see us losing this one 24-16.
Duke Ihenacho: IR
Ryan Clark: 64 tackles, 1 INT, 2 PDefs, .5 sacks
Logan Paulsen: 11 catches, 63 yards, 1 TD
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vikings should win this game. I hope they blitz more and really go after RGIII or Cousins depending on who starts. Try and make the young guys make mistakes. Overall the Vikings defense has been playing lights out this year and I don't see the Skins scoring too much.

I have a bad inkling that Musgrave will go back to being more conservative then I would like and if he does this could be a very low scoring game. APs playing well and Harvin is Harvin so they should make enough big plays to win this game. If Musgrave opens up the playbook like he did against the Titans the Vikings should win solidly.

I'm predicting Vikings win 16-10

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig!

Bring Melvin Gordon to Minnesota.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
If we can hold Atlanta to 24 points, we can hold Minnesota to 24 points. Unfortunately, I doubt we'll score more than 20 (sorry, Papa John's lovers) so I see us losing this one 24-16.

Sounds good in theory, but the Redskins also gave up 31 points to the Rams and 38 points to the Bengals.
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:

Sounds good in theory, but the Redskins also gave up 31 points to the Rams and 38 points to the Bengals.

And we also scored 40 on the Saints, 28 on the Rams, and 31 on the Bengals. I'm making a low-scoring prediction for both sides.
Duke Ihenacho: IR
Ryan Clark: 64 tackles, 1 INT, 2 PDefs, .5 sacks
Logan Paulsen: 11 catches, 63 yards, 1 TD
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:

And we also scored 40 on the Saints, 28 on the Rams, and 31 on the Bengals. I'm making a low-scoring prediction for both sides.

Saints defense is terrible, Rams defense is legit and the Bengals defense has been pretty bad too. The Vikes defense is probably on par with the Rams, but more stout against the run.

And i do agree, I think the score will be low. The Vikes have had a conservative offensive approach to date, especially in close games as I suspect this game to be. The Vikes defense should keep the Redskins under 24. I think the Vikings will win 24-20.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 1 of 25

Jump to: