Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Thoughts after Week 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minutemancl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: Thoughts after Week 5 Reply with quote

I'm watching through the game again, and these are my thoughts:

-Prince is lockdown. Sure tackler and you NEVER hear his name called during the game. He is going to be good for us.
-Hey, OL, where have you been for 4 weeks? Bradshaw was running through holes big enough for a truck.
-Rueben Randle- good show big man. He used his frame tremendously and with a bit more work, will be the 5th legit WR for Eli to throw to. Pick your poison.
-Stevie Brown needs some more play time. Guy played lights out. Gives me a bit more confidence with getting rid of Rolle and his huge contract soon.
-The Black Unicorn is a tough mother trucker and has been nothing but an asset to this team. Thanks Dallas! Very Happy
-David Wilson looks good in the endzone. Although I could have probably gotten in with the blocking on that play, giving the young guy more confidence is going to help him tremendously.
-Speaking of David Wilson- he's not a 'weapon'. He's a runningback. Don't run a misdirection pitch play with him, give him a normal pitch play!
-Although the blocking was great today, Bradshaw ran hard. 200 yards on 30 carries with a TD is extremely impressive. His vision was good and he was cutting again like he used to. Welcome back.
-JPP is getting all the attention on our DL. That would be great if anyone else would make plays. Would love to see Ojomo or Tracy get some playing time opposite JPP.
-Speaking of the DL, Linval Joseph is amazing. Easily our most underrated player. His hustle is great and he is in the backfield almost every play.

And Eli is Eli.

What do you guys think?
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After Bradshaw fumbled he looked focused ... we need that out of him every week.

Coming back from 14 and dominating at the end really gave me confidence in our teams stamina. Now its the Browns ... while they're okay, they are definitely not the Falcons or the Texans.

Not a Knicks fan
minutemancl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
After Bradshaw fumbled he looked focused ... we need that out of him every week.

Coming back from 14 and dominating at the end really gave me confidence in our teams stamina. Now its the Browns ... while they're okay, they are definitely not the Falcons or the Texans.

Call me crazy, but I'm not scared of the Falcons at all. I think if we are healthy, we handle them pretty well.

A few more notes:
-Will Hill is another guy who played really well today. Was all over the place, causing fumbles and making tackles in the backfield. Really like his potential to even take over Rolle's spot at some point.

-WTF is Kiwi even doing? Has he even recorded a tackle yet this year? He's basically been useless.
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just amazed at how quickly the Giants turned it around. Down 14 to zip, I thought it was going to be another one of those games where the Giants don't show up. And by half time, we already had the game on ice with a 10 point lead.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good win for the team. Our offense is shaping up nicely and once we get healthy (Nicks), it will be hard to stop. The defense, however.. really concerns me. Other than Joseph and JPP, our front four has been horrid. We're getting gashed in the running game and can't rush the passer. We all know this defense goes as far as the front four, and right now they are simply not getting it done. I have faith they can turn it around because frankly, there's too much talent not to.. but if we don't see drastic improvements throughout the next couple of weeks we could be in serious trouble.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be interesting to see what TC does when Diehl is back healthy. The O-Line have looked better without him than we have over the past season or so.
Andre Brown was a beneficiary of this for a couple weeks...until he stopped getting carries. Hopefully he is ok after his hit yesterday.

Its comforting to watch our team these days because Eli will always give us a chance. If we keep it close enough or have enough time, I think the odds are in our favour against most of the teams in this league. Without being better or in some cases, as good as some of those clubs from top to bottom.
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:

Call me crazy, but I'm not scared of the Falcons at all. I think if we are healthy, we handle them pretty well.

A few more notes:
-Will Hill is another guy who played really well today. Was all over the place, causing fumbles and making tackles in the backfield. Really like his potential to even take over Rolle's spot at some point.

-WTF is Kiwi even doing? Has he even recorded a tackle yet this year? He's basically been useless.

Falcons scare me a little ... Only problem they have is that they have no wins in the playoffs as a team. They just have so much depth ... Ryan has 4 good targets, their defense can hold up with the best, and they have a run game if they need it Laughing

Turner is becoming one of the more underrated running backs since Ryan has taken over

Not a Knicks fan
scrimmage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Love that we saw 2010 Bradshaw again
- Stevie Brown needs more playing time!
- We have the deepest WR core in the league
- Our runningbacks are pretty good too
- Out defensive line is waaayy overrated at this point in the season
- I really wanna see Rivers back
- See how great our offense becomes when our O-line plays good?
- Prince is playing fantastic
- Eli
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree on most.

Holding off on the anointing of the Prince until I see him a bit more. An injured Mac and whomever was on Cleveland isn't enough for me.

I'm so dying to see Canty. Marvin/Kuhn havent impressed me.

I dont like all the praise we're getting. Couldn't believe the way Dilfer and co. were talking about us after a home win vs the winless brownies. I much prefer hearing Eli being trashed. Sad
D-TURBULENTGMEN

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevesmith12 wrote:
It will be interesting to see what TC does when Diehl is back healthy. The O-Line have looked better without him than we have over the past season or so.
Andre Brown was a beneficiary of this for a couple weeks...until he stopped getting carries. Hopefully he is ok after his hit yesterday.

Its comforting to watch our team these days because Eli will always give us a chance. If we keep it close enough or have enough time, I think the odds are in our favour against most of the teams in this league. Without being better or in some cases, as good as some of those clubs from top to bottom.

posted this is [GDT} Reposting it with an edit
yep brown is gonna be out for at least next week's game he suffered a concussion , Martellus Bennett suffered a hyper extended left knee injury Not gonna even guess bout his status 4 next week , Osi Umenyiora Ran Out Of Metlife saying he found out his Son is in the Hospital Hopefully that's not very serious , Will Hill is out for the next 4 weeks pissed about that smh , well Hopefully we'll get Nicks back in time for that west coast trip , I'm not sure if im fully ready to see the Bradshaw & Wilson show just yet , i understand everyone wants to give the kid a shot and i do also believe me, im just not sure if that's the best thing to do Next Week in such a big game , Personally i think i'd like to see what Darell Scott has to offer I Have a feeling he can be a Real Contributor

Well Happy about the Win Today
Thank God they showed some Urgency & Got the job Done
yeah they had to get a big Cleveland boot to the jaw line in order to do it but this fan is glad our team woke up and accordingly responded. Smile

Can't wait till Next Week Game , To a certain extent that im saying we just really need our health 1st , aside from that hey really can't wait .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: