Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 5: Seattle Seahawks @ Camolina Kittens
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irvin has 4.5 sacks, not 2 through 5 games. What am I missing?

"We all we got, we all we need"
Tooki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE said 4-1/2 which is 4.5?

Unless you are talking about something else, and now I'm missing it as well.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:

This, 4-1/2=4.5 sacks.
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
Tooki wrote:

This, 4-1/2=4.5 sacks.

Gotcha. I read it as 4-1 being some sort of tackle state like assists and solo and 2 sacks.

outside_Insider

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great game. We thoroughly outplayed the Panthers so it was a shame that we had such a nail bitter at the end...but it builds character.

Penalties were disgraceful. The refs were off on a couple but our lack of discipline is despicable.

- Giacomini holding
- Giacomini unnecessary roughness
- Clemons roughing the passer

These penalties cost us a minimum score differential of 9 points.

I love Clem but that was one of the most undisciplined penalties I've seen. Instead of us getting the ball at the 50 with 2 minutes left to extend out lead. They go down and score 3 points to make it 6-3. I was so upset by that.

imani

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
Great game. We thoroughly outplayed the Panthers so it was a shame that we had such a nail bitter at the end...but it builds character.

Penalties were disgraceful. The refs were off on a couple but our lack of discipline is despicable.

- Giacomini holding
- Giacomini unnecessary roughness
- Clemons roughing the passer

These penalties cost us a minimum score differential of 9 points.

I love Clem but that was one of the most undisciplined penalties I've seen. Instead of us getting the ball at the 50 with 2 minutes left to extend out lead. They go down and score 3 points to make it 6-3. I was so upset by that.

yea, i found our struggles to be much more sourced to team discipline then russell holding back the offense. He had a lot of points and field position wiped away

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Tooki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed. Especially as they were on big runs by Marshawn.

That Clem play was quite frustrating as well. Although it was a pretty wishy washy call.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
A little 'stat compare' too chew on.

In Aldon Smith's first five games of his rookie year:
7 Tackles, 3-1/2 Sacks

Aldon Smith finished his rookie year with:
37 Tackles, 14 Sacks, 2 FF

and, In Bruce Irvin's first five games of his rookie year:
5 Tackles, 4-1/2 Sacks, 1 FF

So, What does this mean for Bruce's rookie year?

It means the thing that separates elite rookie seasons and average ones are doing it over the course of 16 games. Aldon Smith had 6.5 sacks in the first half of the season and 7.5 sacks in the second half. He was good for both halves and actually improved as the season went on. If Irvin can keep doing it he can absolutely put up similar numbers to Aldon. It only gets tougher as you go though because teams get more tape on you and best gameplan against your strengths.

Also, great to have imani back!
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say I was most upset by the penalties and most disappointed by the dropped interceptions. We could have blown the lid off this game if they catch those.
Tooki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
I'd say I was most upset by the penalties and most disappointed by the dropped interceptions. We could have blown the lid off this game if they catch those.

The ET one was the only drop that really got to me. He had that on his body but he let it go.

That was a hard ball to catch for Kam.
imani

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My goal for Irvin this season was for him to become good enough to game plan against. It takes pressure off his teammates and it's the main reason we've seen overall pass rush improvement. The presence of JJones and Bruce are making guys like mebane better and more productive. Which, altogether, is a huge reason why this defense has reached top 5 status (so far this season) and surpassed expectations both foreign and domestic. Bruce reaching Aldon's level is a coveted bonus and we'll see as teams shift their focus to him. I had at least 8 on the year going into the season, i would have no problem with that being an underestimation.

-----------------------------------

I think this could be the type of victory we needed before facing the patriots, although it wasn't what i would prefer. A game where we could make mistakes, shoot ourselves in the foot and allow turnovers is a game where you can walk away with coaching points in a win. Both team moral and the willingness to improve is strengthened after a W. We won't be riding a high (which we have been notorious for over the years) going into this weekend. I think the patriots will get our best at home this weekend as we work all week to correct the mistakes of the last game, and build on what worked well.

If the cards can beat them on the road, we can beat them at home. Period

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that sucks about the Patriots game is that Aaron Hernandez is expected to return and he really improves that offense. I think they'll be the best offense we face all year. They really have more weapons than teams can cover. I don't see a player on our roster that could stop Hernandez. I actually think we'll be better handling Gronk.

Irvin has been great, but I've actually been more impressed by Bobby Wagner. Dude looks like he's comfortable now and he's just flying around the field. Brandon Mebane is also playing the best football I've ever seen him play. He's never dominated this much, this consistently, in any year that I can remember. He's proving he's not simply a run-stopper.

Also, some cool numbers.

Seattle Seahawks
1st in Total Defense
3rd in Total Points Against
1st in Yards Per Play
5th in 1st Downs Per Game
5th in Total Pass Defense
3rd in Total Run Defense
2nd in Yards Per Carry Against
5th in Sacks
2nd in Forced Fumbles

That is ELITE.
Flatliner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be a little late, but did anybody else notice how absolutely pissed off Pete looked in the later second/early third quarter of yesterday's game? I remember at one point we got the interception and usually Pete is jumping up and down at that point and he seemed barely phased, just sat there with a scowl.

It really reminds me of after the Cardinals game, he gave an interview the next morning where he was really upset we didn't come away with the W. We came out the next week and stomped on the Cowboys, so here's to hoping we do that again with the Pats Very Happy
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I woke up and watched the 2nd half of the game, so here's my thoughts on that. We REALLY stunk up the joint in the 3rd quarter. It was awful, I almost turned the game off and went back to bed, but the team got it turned around late in the quarter and got it done. As someone mentioned this could be a huge momentum boost. To win a game where the team did everything it could to hand the game to the opposition can really let this team know that if they play with focus and consistency, they could be truly dominant. I think that will come in the next 2-3 years. I still feel like this team isn't quite ready yet, but they will be. As mentioned in previous posts, the penalties are ridiculous, these guys gotta be more disciplined. Breno is turning to goddamn Richie Incognito out here (well, maybe a slight over exaggeration), dude has to stop taking penalties. Our offense isn't good enough yet to deal with constant holds, false starts, and personal fouls. Wilson is improving every week and since he earned the job fair and square, I don't see any reason to switch back to Flynn now. Flynn isn't some kind of grizzled veteran, he has started all of 2 games in the league, one of which was a meaningless game at the end of the season in which he put up silly numbers. I'm good with Wilson starting and continuing to develop into the long term starter. His throw that led to Munnerlyn's TD was a poor throw, but the 2nd INT was much more on Lynch and the defensive player making a nice play then it was on Wilson. He's had a few of those INT's this year. I don't worry about his confidence at all. After watching that game yesterday I would take Wilson ANY DAY over Cam Newton. Newton is a athletically gifted, yet spoiled, immature young child, who is all charisma and charm when life is good, but pouts and sulks at the first hint of adversity. I love the fact that Earl Thomas called it after the game saying that once you stop Cam he goes into the tank. Wilson may not have the physical attributes that people want in their perfect QB, but he has the personality that is absolutely necessary to succeed at this position. Now Bevell and PC need to open this offense up and let him learn from his mistakes. We definitely need a true #1 WR and this offense can really start taking off. The defense is nasty and we have a lot of young talent. This team will come together in the next couple years and will become elite, put in down, Theory is all in Cool Prolly not this year, but soon, this team will have it's day.
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
The only thing that sucks about the Patriots game is that Aaron Hernandez is expected to return and he really improves that offense. I think they'll be the best offense we face all year. They really have more weapons than teams can cover. I don't see a player on our roster that could stop Hernandez. I actually think we'll be better handling Gronk.

Irvin has been great, but I've actually been more impressed by Bobby Wagner. Dude looks like he's comfortable now and he's just flying around the field. Brandon Mebane is also playing the best football I've ever seen him play. He's never dominated this much, this consistently, in any year that I can remember. He's proving he's not simply a run-stopper.

Also, some cool numbers.

Seattle Seahawks
1st in Total Defense
3rd in Total Points Against
1st in Yards Per Play
5th in 1st Downs Per Game
5th in Total Pass Defense
3rd in Total Run Defense
2nd in Yards Per Carry Against
5th in Sacks
2nd in Forced Fumbles

That is ELITE.

Rams are better than the 3 West defenses in 3rd and long Cool
RAWR!

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 22 of 24

Jump to: