Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Military II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

288 out of 300 on the PFT today. Oo rah
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
rAmFan39 wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
rAmFan39 wrote:
I've got a buddy in Cannon. He hated it at first, but after buying a few guns and an ATV he loves it now. I couldn't imagine PCSing from Florida to Cannon. I am at Kadena, but I think this will be my second and last base. Seeing that you are up there in rank JDL. My deros is in 2016, but like i said the plan as of now is to get out. Will I recieve orders and be able to make my decision off the base given or will I have to tell them I want out and not have the chance to see where I wouldve gone?

What's your date of separation? I can't tell you for certain. Probably depends how close they are. Talk to your Chief and maybe when you're close he can pull some strings and get you the follow on you are hoping for. I know this life isn't for everyone but Its tough losing good young airmen

My DEROS 31 Mar 16 DOS 31 APR 2016. I guess that is what I will have to do. I wouldn't mind staying in, but we recently started a family and are on our second child. I know some people do it, but I don't want to be gone so much and we would like to be closer to our parents for the kids too.

You should definitely know where you might go before you decide to seperate.

What is your AFSC? There are plenty of bases with missions that don't deploy depending on your AFSC. AETC bases like Sheppard, Luke, Keesler, Kirtland, Lackland, Tyndall... AFMC bases like Eglin, Edwards, Nellis, Wright Patterson... IDK what kinda plans you got for if you do get out but I have loved the stability of being in the military and benefits when it comes to families. Its a hard thing to let go of. But I understand your concern with being gone a lot.

+1

I had to volunteer to deploy from Luke. As far as I know, SFS, POL, and EOD are pretty much the only people who actually get tasked to deploy from here. Most everyone else volunteers.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
rAmFan39 wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
rAmFan39 wrote:
I've got a buddy in Cannon. He hated it at first, but after buying a few guns and an ATV he loves it now. I couldn't imagine PCSing from Florida to Cannon. I am at Kadena, but I think this will be my second and last base. Seeing that you are up there in rank JDL. My deros is in 2016, but like i said the plan as of now is to get out. Will I recieve orders and be able to make my decision off the base given or will I have to tell them I want out and not have the chance to see where I wouldve gone?

What's your date of separation? I can't tell you for certain. Probably depends how close they are. Talk to your Chief and maybe when you're close he can pull some strings and get you the follow on you are hoping for. I know this life isn't for everyone but Its tough losing good young airmen

My DEROS 31 Mar 16 DOS 31 APR 2016. I guess that is what I will have to do. I wouldn't mind staying in, but we recently started a family and are on our second child. I know some people do it, but I don't want to be gone so much and we would like to be closer to our parents for the kids too.

What is your AFSC? There are plenty of bases with missions that don't deploy depending on your AFSC. AETC bases like Sheppard, Luke, Keesler, Kirtland, Lackland, Tyndall... AFMC bases like Eglin, Edwards, Nellis, Wright Patterson... IDK what kinda plans you got for if you do get out but I have loved the stability of being in the military and benefits when it comes to families. Its a hard thing to let go of. But I understand your concern with being gone a lot.

+1

I had to volunteer to deploy from Luke. As far as I know, SFS, POL, and EOD are pretty much the only people who actually get tasked to deploy from here. Most everyone else volunteers.

WHO THE HELL!
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
rAmFan39 wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
rAmFan39 wrote:

+1

WHO THE HELL!

POL, the fuels guys. Maybe not anymore, but when I was first at Luke back in 2005 I had several POL friends who deployed quite a bit. Maybe they were volunteers, but I didnt think they were.

La_Vader wrote:
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikeFan is POL

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
VikeFan is POL

Ah, gotcha. Well like I said this was back in 2005 the first time I was there. Maybe things have changed. We have always been volunteer-only, but we had a ton of volunteer slots back then, now we get like 2 a year.

La_Vader wrote:
Neumatic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you actually have to volunteer to deploy with some jobs?

I actually tried getting deployed after I moved companies(didn't like where I was) however I couldn't deploy due to the fact that the brigade that was deploying was a "Light Brigade" and my MOS is only slotted for "Heavy Brigades".

Jamison. on the sig
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neumatic wrote:

I actually tried getting deployed after I moved companies(didn't like where I was) however I couldn't deploy due to the fact that the brigade that was deploying was a "Light Brigade" and my MOS is only slotted for "Heavy Brigades".

Yea, I'm not sure how the Army works, but AF has specific missions for each base. Luke is a training base with a training mission. All the F-16 pilots come here to get trained. So for the most part, everyone on base is in a training mission as well. We get slots that come up occasionally to fill in and supplement other units from other bases. For instance, 2 years ago I volunteered to go to Afghanistan. It was just me and one other guy going there with a bunch of dudes from another base in Tucson.

Oh, and its not just the jobs. My job at most bases would deploy, just not this one since we are here to support the pilots in training.

La_Vader wrote:
Throttle Jockey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volunteer or voluntold?
xlfrosti

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well guys I will get the call from the CO of the marines this week to see if he will let me in wish me luck!!

P.S went to my first PT with the crew there let me tell you HOLY CRAP Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neumatic wrote:

Yep. No point in deploying if you're assigned to an airframe like B-52's. They rarely make appearances in AOR these days so there is not reason to deploy the people that work with them.

Missle Cops are in charge of guarding the underground missles so there is no point in sending those guys to the AOR.

Finance is virtually useless but somehow they actually make it to the AOR, work 4-5 days a week from 7-5, and get bronze medals out of it.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
Neumatic wrote:

Yep. No point in deploying if you're assigned to an airframe like B-52's. They rarely make appearances in AOR these days so there is not reason to deploy the people that work with them.

Missle Cops are in charge of guarding the underground missles so there is no point in sending those guys to the AOR.

Finance is virtually useless but somehow they actually make it to the AOR, work 4-5 days a week from 7-5, and get bronze medals out of it.

LOL.... so they came in 3rd place???? Wink

You mean Bronze Stars (medals) but I couldn't resist!

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
Neumatic wrote:

LOL.... so they came in 3rd place???? Wink

You mean Bronze Stars (medals) but I couldn't resist!

Embarassed

it's late and i'm at work Laughing
S-jax39

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to ask you guys a couple of questions. Dads a huge military guy, asked me how i felt about signing up and getting them to help me with college. I have plans to go to college, but right now I was looking for a job to save up money to help me pay for it. I have a little bit of money in scholarships.

How much do they help you?

What do you get to do during your free time on base?

How much free time do you have?

I like watching all the new movies, practicing my guitar, playing games and watching football. Do you still get to do this stuff?
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-jax39 wrote:
Just wanted to ask you guys a couple of questions. Dads a huge military guy, asked me how i felt about signing up and getting them to help me with college. I have plans to go to college, but right now I was looking for a job to save up money to help me pay for it. I have a little bit of money in scholarships.

How much do they help you?

What do you get to do during your free time on base?

How much free time do you have?

I like watching all the new movies, practicing my guitar, playing games and watching football. Do you still get to do this stuff?

Free time depends a lot on what branch you join and what job you have.

My experience in the Air Force has been thats its like any normal job for most of the time. You still get to do plenty of things when you are not at work.

Currently Tuition Assistance pays all of your tuition if yout take classes while serving. GI Bill pays for most of your school and books after you seperate/retire.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 6 of 12

Jump to: