Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Military II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
NYGiantsman10


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 10016
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

288 out of 300 on the PFT today. Oo rah
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5365
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
rAmFan39 wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
rAmFan39 wrote:
I've got a buddy in Cannon. He hated it at first, but after buying a few guns and an ATV he loves it now. I couldn't imagine PCSing from Florida to Cannon. I am at Kadena, but I think this will be my second and last base. Seeing that you are up there in rank JDL. My deros is in 2016, but like i said the plan as of now is to get out. Will I recieve orders and be able to make my decision off the base given or will I have to tell them I want out and not have the chance to see where I wouldve gone?


What's your date of separation? I can't tell you for certain. Probably depends how close they are. Talk to your Chief and maybe when you're close he can pull some strings and get you the follow on you are hoping for. I know this life isn't for everyone but Its tough losing good young airmen


My DEROS 31 Mar 16 DOS 31 APR 2016. I guess that is what I will have to do. I wouldn't mind staying in, but we recently started a family and are on our second child. I know some people do it, but I don't want to be gone so much and we would like to be closer to our parents for the kids too.


You should definitely know where you might go before you decide to seperate.

What is your AFSC? There are plenty of bases with missions that don't deploy depending on your AFSC. AETC bases like Sheppard, Luke, Keesler, Kirtland, Lackland, Tyndall... AFMC bases like Eglin, Edwards, Nellis, Wright Patterson... IDK what kinda plans you got for if you do get out but I have loved the stability of being in the military and benefits when it comes to families. Its a hard thing to let go of. But I understand your concern with being gone a lot.


+1

I had to volunteer to deploy from Luke. As far as I know, SFS, POL, and EOD are pretty much the only people who actually get tasked to deploy from here. Most everyone else volunteers.
_________________


Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vikefan79


Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29761
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
rAmFan39 wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
rAmFan39 wrote:
I've got a buddy in Cannon. He hated it at first, but after buying a few guns and an ATV he loves it now. I couldn't imagine PCSing from Florida to Cannon. I am at Kadena, but I think this will be my second and last base. Seeing that you are up there in rank JDL. My deros is in 2016, but like i said the plan as of now is to get out. Will I recieve orders and be able to make my decision off the base given or will I have to tell them I want out and not have the chance to see where I wouldve gone?


What's your date of separation? I can't tell you for certain. Probably depends how close they are. Talk to your Chief and maybe when you're close he can pull some strings and get you the follow on you are hoping for. I know this life isn't for everyone but Its tough losing good young airmen


My DEROS 31 Mar 16 DOS 31 APR 2016. I guess that is what I will have to do. I wouldn't mind staying in, but we recently started a family and are on our second child. I know some people do it, but I don't want to be gone so much and we would like to be closer to our parents for the kids too.


You should definitely know where you might go before you decide to seperate.

What is your AFSC? There are plenty of bases with missions that don't deploy depending on your AFSC. AETC bases like Sheppard, Luke, Keesler, Kirtland, Lackland, Tyndall... AFMC bases like Eglin, Edwards, Nellis, Wright Patterson... IDK what kinda plans you got for if you do get out but I have loved the stability of being in the military and benefits when it comes to families. Its a hard thing to let go of. But I understand your concern with being gone a lot.


+1

I had to volunteer to deploy from Luke. As far as I know, SFS, POL, and EOD are pretty much the only people who actually get tasked to deploy from here. Most everyone else volunteers.



WHO THE HELL!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5365
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
rAmFan39 wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
rAmFan39 wrote:
I've got a buddy in Cannon. He hated it at first, but after buying a few guns and an ATV he loves it now. I couldn't imagine PCSing from Florida to Cannon. I am at Kadena, but I think this will be my second and last base. Seeing that you are up there in rank JDL. My deros is in 2016, but like i said the plan as of now is to get out. Will I recieve orders and be able to make my decision off the base given or will I have to tell them I want out and not have the chance to see where I wouldve gone?


What's your date of separation? I can't tell you for certain. Probably depends how close they are. Talk to your Chief and maybe when you're close he can pull some strings and get you the follow on you are hoping for. I know this life isn't for everyone but Its tough losing good young airmen


My DEROS 31 Mar 16 DOS 31 APR 2016. I guess that is what I will have to do. I wouldn't mind staying in, but we recently started a family and are on our second child. I know some people do it, but I don't want to be gone so much and we would like to be closer to our parents for the kids too.


You should definitely know where you might go before you decide to seperate.

What is your AFSC? There are plenty of bases with missions that don't deploy depending on your AFSC. AETC bases like Sheppard, Luke, Keesler, Kirtland, Lackland, Tyndall... AFMC bases like Eglin, Edwards, Nellis, Wright Patterson... IDK what kinda plans you got for if you do get out but I have loved the stability of being in the military and benefits when it comes to families. Its a hard thing to let go of. But I understand your concern with being gone a lot.


+1

I had to volunteer to deploy from Luke. As far as I know, SFS, POL, and EOD are pretty much the only people who actually get tasked to deploy from here. Most everyone else volunteers.



WHO THE HELL!


POL, the fuels guys. Maybe not anymore, but when I was first at Luke back in 2005 I had several POL friends who deployed quite a bit. Maybe they were volunteers, but I didnt think they were.
_________________


Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JDLefebvre


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 25038
Location: Midway PA /Clovis NM
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikeFan is POL
_________________
Stay low boys.... keep those feet moving!


thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5365
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
VikeFan is POL


Ah, gotcha. Well like I said this was back in 2005 the first time I was there. Maybe things have changed. We have always been volunteer-only, but we had a ton of volunteer slots back then, now we get like 2 a year.
_________________


Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Neumatic


Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 8169
Location: Ohio
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you actually have to volunteer to deploy with some jobs?

I actually tried getting deployed after I moved companies(didn't like where I was) however I couldn't deploy due to the fact that the brigade that was deploying was a "Light Brigade" and my MOS is only slotted for "Heavy Brigades".
_________________

Jamison. on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5365
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neumatic wrote:
Wow, you actually have to volunteer to deploy with some jobs?

I actually tried getting deployed after I moved companies(didn't like where I was) however I couldn't deploy due to the fact that the brigade that was deploying was a "Light Brigade" and my MOS is only slotted for "Heavy Brigades".


Yea, I'm not sure how the Army works, but AF has specific missions for each base. Luke is a training base with a training mission. All the F-16 pilots come here to get trained. So for the most part, everyone on base is in a training mission as well. We get slots that come up occasionally to fill in and supplement other units from other bases. For instance, 2 years ago I volunteered to go to Afghanistan. It was just me and one other guy going there with a bunch of dudes from another base in Tucson.

Oh, and its not just the jobs. My job at most bases would deploy, just not this one since we are here to support the pilots in training.
_________________


Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Throttle Jockey


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 215
Location: KGSB
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volunteer or voluntold?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xlfrosti


Joined: 02 Apr 2009
Posts: 1216
Location: Camp Pendleton, Cali
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well guys I will get the call from the CO of the marines this week to see if he will let me in wish me luck!!

P.S went to my first PT with the crew there let me tell you HOLY CRAP Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vikefan79


Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29761
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neumatic wrote:
Wow, you actually have to volunteer to deploy with some jobs?

I actually tried getting deployed after I moved companies(didn't like where I was) however I couldn't deploy due to the fact that the brigade that was deploying was a "Light Brigade" and my MOS is only slotted for "Heavy Brigades".


Yep. No point in deploying if you're assigned to an airframe like B-52's. They rarely make appearances in AOR these days so there is not reason to deploy the people that work with them.

Missle Cops are in charge of guarding the underground missles so there is no point in sending those guys to the AOR.

Finance is virtually useless but somehow they actually make it to the AOR, work 4-5 days a week from 7-5, and get bronze medals out of it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JDLefebvre


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 25038
Location: Midway PA /Clovis NM
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
Neumatic wrote:
Wow, you actually have to volunteer to deploy with some jobs?

I actually tried getting deployed after I moved companies(didn't like where I was) however I couldn't deploy due to the fact that the brigade that was deploying was a "Light Brigade" and my MOS is only slotted for "Heavy Brigades".


Yep. No point in deploying if you're assigned to an airframe like B-52's. They rarely make appearances in AOR these days so there is not reason to deploy the people that work with them.

Missle Cops are in charge of guarding the underground missles so there is no point in sending those guys to the AOR.

Finance is virtually useless but somehow they actually make it to the AOR, work 4-5 days a week from 7-5, and get bronze medals out of it.


LOL.... so they came in 3rd place???? Wink






You mean Bronze Stars (medals) but I couldn't resist!
_________________
Stay low boys.... keep those feet moving!


thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vikefan79


Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29761
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
Neumatic wrote:
Wow, you actually have to volunteer to deploy with some jobs?

I actually tried getting deployed after I moved companies(didn't like where I was) however I couldn't deploy due to the fact that the brigade that was deploying was a "Light Brigade" and my MOS is only slotted for "Heavy Brigades".


Yep. No point in deploying if you're assigned to an airframe like B-52's. They rarely make appearances in AOR these days so there is not reason to deploy the people that work with them.

Missle Cops are in charge of guarding the underground missles so there is no point in sending those guys to the AOR.

Finance is virtually useless but somehow they actually make it to the AOR, work 4-5 days a week from 7-5, and get bronze medals out of it.


LOL.... so they came in 3rd place???? Wink






You mean Bronze Stars (medals) but I couldn't resist!


Embarassed


it's late and i'm at work Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
S-jax39


Joined: 23 Aug 2010
Posts: 6685
Location: [D]MV
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to ask you guys a couple of questions. Dads a huge military guy, asked me how i felt about signing up and getting them to help me with college. I have plans to go to college, but right now I was looking for a job to save up money to help me pay for it. I have a little bit of money in scholarships.

How much do they help you?

What do you get to do during your free time on base?

How much free time do you have?

I like watching all the new movies, practicing my guitar, playing games and watching football. Do you still get to do this stuff?
_________________
Welp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JDLefebvre


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 25038
Location: Midway PA /Clovis NM
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-jax39 wrote:
Just wanted to ask you guys a couple of questions. Dads a huge military guy, asked me how i felt about signing up and getting them to help me with college. I have plans to go to college, but right now I was looking for a job to save up money to help me pay for it. I have a little bit of money in scholarships.

How much do they help you?

What do you get to do during your free time on base?

How much free time do you have?

I like watching all the new movies, practicing my guitar, playing games and watching football. Do you still get to do this stuff?


Free time depends a lot on what branch you join and what job you have.

My experience in the Air Force has been thats its like any normal job for most of the time. You still get to do plenty of things when you are not at work.

Currently Tuition Assistance pays all of your tuition if yout take classes while serving. GI Bill pays for most of your school and books after you seperate/retire.
_________________
Stay low boys.... keep those feet moving!


thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 6 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group