Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The "We Need a Bye Week" PostGame Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this is a cause or a coincidence, but aside from a handful of games, our defense has been trash since we have had Morgan Burnett on the field.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
PACKRULE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be in the minority but I believe in the talent and players on this team. We have great talent and should be 4-1 right now. I believe in my humble opinion that our problem is coaching. We have good coaching but so far this year our losses I put on MM.

Other then ST we're are so predictable on offense. Everyone knows whats going on. MM isn't even working to hide what we're doing. He's stuck in Vert passing and won't dink and dunk. He's hellbent on getting the ball down the field. He's not using her personnel at all. I mean Green had 2 carriers until today. kuhn comes in on 3rd downs and we pass. Everyone knows what we're going to do on offense.

I believe there are times when you show your cards and punch the other guy in the nose, but it's not working. We run we we show run and we pass when we show pass. When we change it up we've been great. When we do MM's stubborn straight up passing we seem to suck.

Today's game was more of the same. Benson gets hurt and we stop running the ball. Why wouldn't we continue with the game plan that got us up 21-3. That was the most disturbing thing to me today was the run, we lost today I believe because MM stopped running the ball, extended the game and let the Colt D back in the game. 0 sacks in the first half and 5 in the second half. To me that's playcalling

And the D was pretty darn good with the exception of shutting down Wayne. The second half there were out there the entire game which isn't dame easy especially since the Colts kept us off balance.

We are going to struggle until MM gets his head out of last year and into this year. He's starting to remind me of Andy Ried when all he did was pass.
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
I don't know if this is a cause or a coincidence, but aside from a handful of games, our defense has been trash since we have had Morgan Burnett on the field.

i really don't think he's that good. he seems like one of those guys that has all the measurables, but just isn't that great overall. i honestly can never remember a time he was truly "good". maybe before the injury his rookie year, but that's about it.

El Ramster on the amazing work
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:

The difference between Morgan Burnett and Nick Collins is noticeable. WOuldn't call Burnett trash by any means though.
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:

The difference between Morgan Burnett and Nick Collins is noticeable. WOuldn't call Burnett trash by any means though.

wouldn't call him good though either. i wouldn't hesitate to replace him honestly.

El Ramster on the amazing work
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the most disappointing aspect of this game is that I thought we finally turned the corner. The offense was showing flashes of their old ways, the defense dominated and were smacking Luck on nearly EVERY drop back. They couldn't move the ball a lick.

I just don't understand the second half. I really don't. It has to be a coaching or scheme or gameplan thing. It's just not possible for every player on our roster to suck out loud this bad.

God, family, and the Green Bay Packers; in that order.
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
wouldn't call him good though either. i wouldn't hesitate to replace him honestly.

I think he's out of position, always viewed him more as a SS than a true FS.
palmy50

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:

I think he's out of position, always viewed him more as a SS than a true FS.

I think Burnett can play either but how he excels at both is largely dependent on the man next to him. Burnett is a better football player than athlete. If your playing him at FS that SS better be able to cover some grass. Too much thinking going on right now with the rookie and Woodson don't have the legs. This combination can play but it's not going to take off until #22 takes off. I play Woodson over slot and call it a day at this point. I understand that's a ton of money sitting on the bench, but still.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
It's been trash since Collins went down and Jenkins wasn't resigned.
palmy50

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up late just watching over this one quick and noticed a few things:

1) Has this staff said anything about a Bulaga leg/knee injury? I'm going to look into this thing but Bulaga had a little limp when walking and hard set on just about every pro rep with a tiny rusher in front of him. That is anything but classic Bulaga and would explain his difficulties over speed of late. Bulaga needs to be right because it's very clear Saturday and Newhouse need some extra help.

2) Had no clue about the extent of the injuries in this game. No excuse for this TERRIBLE loss but next week could get ugly with no Raji in the middle. At no point do I want to see Wilson playing two gap in the middle of the box.

3) By far the most explosive Neal has looked since his injury! I don't take Worthy off the field for him, but I sure as hell find him some rush reps! From a pass rush POV, I'm starting to feel this DL. If those cats know their role and get after it............

My take on this Packers team right now is simple. How tough are they both mentally and physically and how hungry are they? Too many leaders on the team pitching old spice and state farm and not enough bleeding football right now. This is also a cap led league and the Packers have some truly terrible contracts in hand right now. This leads to many bad things in todays NFL and needs to get fixed before this club becomes that dynasty many hope for. Sometimes leaders need to take cuts for the greater good. Guys like Woodson, Saturday, Driver, Finley, ect are just not living up to their checks. This ultimately leads to poor team depth and spite!

Also, what the hell is up with our TE position group at large? Not sure what to say about Finley at this point other than I'm happy TT did not give him a long term contract. Looks as if this staff has no clue how to use Williams and Taylor though and Crabs went from a very fine blocker that could often hold a single into a man that can't ever hit his spots on chips. WHAT THE HELL?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that frustrates me the most is the lack of commitment we have with running the ball. If we were behind a score or so, there is still plenty of reason to run the ball. If we were being blown out, I can see a valid argument on why we abandoned it. Even still, if you have a steady diet of both...you force the defense to play honest and not pin their ears back...Thus giving you the chance to capitalize on a bad defensive play call. However when you're up in the game, like by 18 pts, it is almost imperative that you make calls to roll down the clock and chew up yards.

Again, I'm not saying to turn into Marty-Ball and run HB dives/sweeps. Then the defense would key up on this and stack the box. However, run the ball until they start to creep up towards the line...then take advantage of the one on ones on the outside with a PA or a high percentage pass where all our WRs have to do is make one miss (which they can). Then when they start getting back to pass rush mode, hit them with a draw or a screen. It's not rocket science.

I'm just getting sick of McCarthy continually apologizing about how he didn't adjust at half time. See Seattle, we got trounced with Pass Rush...plays took too long to develop (I know the secondary was being over physical / rep refs)...so McCarthy went in at half time and FINALLY adapted the gameplan. But I've also seen so many of these games where we are up 14 + pts, only for McCarthy to say "lets keep the pedal to the metal". Just because you didn't alter your gameplan, doesn't mean the other team didn't. If they see you continually passing, they are only gonna rush with 4 and drop the rest back.

I'm sick of McCarthy apologizing for failing to adjust.
I'm sick of the broken play calls.
I'm definitely sick of the Aaron Rodgers' "Sad Face" he gives when a play fails to work out.
I'm sick of our team playing like Doug Remer from BASEketball. It seems like they are just out there running X's and O's. However they aren't even doing that right. Where is the Fire? They are getting boxed out and bullied, would that make you mad?

There are few players on our team that still play every down with punch, but the majority of them are playing like punks. Every time I see a new discount double check or pizza hut commercial I think REMER and his Sir Swish campaign.

"We don't need luck, Jay will throw us the ball."
Siman08/OH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year we missed Collins, This year we miss Bishop and Jennings. I would love to just be healthy right now.

Where was Jordy Nelson? This is his time to shine and take the #1 spot with Jennings out...

Losing Benson, Finley and Raji is not cool, lets hope they are back soon.

The secondary is struggling again. It was pitch and catch between 2 players all day long, no matter who was covering him.

We did get a little screwed by the ref's, but we cant use that as an excuse.

Rodgers missed a few opportunities, especially on that last play. He's having a decent statistical season but its missing a beat from last year. Lets not forget he had an 18 game streak where he was the best quarterback in the ENTIRE WORLD. Now he looks like Tony Romo/Jay Cutler.

We are not a playoff team, even if we were 3-2. We might not even make wildcard.

Rant rant rant.
BartStarving

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This offense is like the basketball team that is loaded with perimeter shooters and nobody who can play in the paint and the rest of the league knows it. If this offensive in general and this offensive line in particular continues to play on it's heals, it's going to be a long season.

Since we cannot make major personnel changes until the off-season, I suggest a good start would be for Mr. McCarthy and Co. to go back to West Coast Offense basic fundamentals: less spread and slow developing deep passing for the big plays and more slants, screens, and short passing to move the chains.
Csraverage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BartStarving wrote:
This offense is like the basketball team that is loaded with perimeter shooters and nobody who can play in the paint and the rest of the league knows it.

Great analogy sir.

"We don't need luck, Jay will throw us the ball."
Pugger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:

Nick Collins wasn't all world in his second full season either.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 11 of 16

Jump to: