Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6: VIKINGS (4-1) at Redskins (2-3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

husker_vikes3 wrote:
I'm curious to see how much discussion there is during the week about the last time Ponder and Peterson played at Washington.

are you trying to say you want to see last year's GDT? We keep all of them. Is there a history setting around here to find that stuff?

I love seeing all the old posts.

Bright and Happy days are coming to the Minnesota Vikings very soon.
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
husker_vikes3 wrote:
I'm curious to see how much discussion there is during the week about the last time Ponder and Peterson played at Washington.

are you trying to say you want to see last year's GDT? We keep all of them. Is there a history setting around here to find that stuff?

No. I can almost guarantee that that is not what he is trying to say.

Laughing

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
husker_vikes3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDBrocks wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
husker_vikes3 wrote:

No. I can almost guarantee that that is not what he is trying to say.

Laughing
I meant in the media, how much they try to make the story about Peterson returning to where he was injured and the way Ponder played/concussion. Not much that hasn't already been discussed before but you get the feeling it will be rehashed in the media.

Xbox GT: pick617
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

husker_vikes3 wrote:
I meant in the media, how much they try to make the story about Peterson returning to where he was injured and the way Ponder played/concussion. Not much that hasn't already been discussed before but you get the feeling it will be rehashed in the media.

I know what you meant Laughing I think it will be a small piece on ESPN/NFL Network when they do their game storylines on Sunday.

They have much bigger stories to cover like the Packers' struggles, the Cowboys' struggles, Tebow vs. Sanchez etc.

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/07/robert-griffin-iii-thinks-hell-play-next-week/

Quote:
Robert Griffin III

@RGIII

Thank you for all the prayers & support I'm ok and I think after all the testing I will play next week.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope RGIII can play, I really want to see how he has come along. Dont get to see him all that often. I also want to see where the Vikes pass defense is truly at and RGIII has been a pretty good passer.

He will obviously pose problems for the Vikes defense, might need to use Everson Griffen as a spy or something, RGIII is used often in the run game.

Speaking of run game, he Redskins running attack led by Alfred Morris looks legit. Morris seems like another 1300 yard rusher that comes out of know where due to Shanahan's system.

This will be a huge test for the Vikes run defense, both in stopping Morris and the ZBS, but also limiting RGIII.

I like this match up for the Vikes offense. The Redskins pass rush has struggled without Orakpo and there secondary is horrid. Running might be tough but I think this is a game where Ponder can put up 280 yards and multiple TD throws.
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest thing that worries me is going on the road, will we bring the right intensity? If we do, we win. If not, we probably lose.

We need to treat RG3 with the same physicality that we treated Calvin Johnson. I know they play different positions, but thats the type of physical play we need to bring. If we do that, I think our defense will be fine. Our run defense doesn't worry me against Morris.

On offense, we are playing against a 3-4, which is something to keep an eye on. Ponder needs to be smart with the football. The Redskins already have 4 defensive TDs this season(Turnover Ratio: +7). We need to watch out and be careful that THIS doesn't happen. It almost happened at Detroit, the Redskins will be ready for it, and they've shown that they can make a play on the ball.

Quote:
Kerrigan has been effective this season batting down passes coming off the edge. His timing is very good, as are his reads. When he saw the running back release to the right flat for a swing pass, he widened his rush and blocked QB Matt Ryan’s passing lane. The rest was tremendous athleticism...except for the, ahem, jump into the stands.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/redskins-watch/2012/oct/7/initial-thoughts-falcons-24-redskins-17/

So far, it seems we will have a major special teams advantage, especially in the kicking game. Suisham is STRUGGLING. Has missed 2 of 5 kicks in the 30s, 1 of 4 kicks in the 40s, and both of his kicks from 50+. On the other hand, Walsh has been near automatic. However, we are moving back to a grass playing surface, with conditions likely not what he's used to. Kluwe has struggled by his standards, but Sav Rocca has had two of his punts blocked already this year. On returns, we have one of the best, and Sherels is holding his own as well.

Key Statistic: 3rd Downs

Vikings: 22/62 (35.5%)
Opponents: 34/77 (44.2%)

Redskins: 14/60 (23.3%)
Opponents: 24/61 (39.3%)

I truly believe that this will be one of those ugly, physical, grind-it-out games. I don't expect either team to score in the 20s. I have no clue if we will win, but I will be very happy if we do, no matter how we win it. It will very likely come down to the kicking game.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Wonder if RG3 will play.

Still tied with Chicago for the NFC North. Another must win game!

I love this season. Lets keep on rollin teams!!! Mr. Green

Actually we're in the lead because we are 1-0 in the division and Chicago is 0-1.

This is the 3rd year in a row we've had to travel to FedEx Field.
joru1000

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be worried about this game if we didn't convincingly beat the Lions on the road last week, but we did, so I know we have the emotional ability to do it. If Griffin is out than this should be a win for us. This Redskins team is essentially the exact same as the one we beat last year on the road. They are also without Orakpo and Carriker.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two hours later, I want to reiterate: We CANNOT overlook the Redskins!

The Skins' 2-3 record may not look impressive, but they have been in every game, and have played some good teams. That was an impressive performance versus the undefeated Falcons on Sunday.
[UMN]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joru1000 wrote:
I'd be worried about this game if we didn't convincingly beat the Lions on the road last week, but we did, so I know we have the emotional ability to do it. If Griffin is out than this should be a win for us. This Redskins team is essentially the exact same as the one we beat last year on the road. They are also without Orakpo and Carriker.

We are very lucky that Orakpo is out; he is exactly the type of athletic rusher that could give Kalil/Loadholt problems.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
We are very lucky that Orakpo is out.

he's off playing Scrabble with neanderthals.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fully expect RGIII to play...and I'm glad. I wouldn't want any excuses to be made about why the Vikings won when they do.

For all of RGIII's mobility, I'm not significantly concerned. If the Vikings have a weakness against running QBs, it's up the middle, so if they can stretch him outside or keep him in the pocket, I think they'll be okay. Granted though, I haven't watched enough of Redskins' play to know what his tendencies are (maybe one of our Virginia fans can let us know).

This Alfred Morris guy has certainly been effective this year, but that's typical for a Shanahan RB (at least in his Broncos' years). The Vikings are pretty good against the run though (#4 in the NFL according to footballoutsiders.com), so I think they can contain him.

For all the loading up the Redskins did at the WR position, it's the TE that's been the leader, The WRs have had little impact.

Defensively, the Redskins are middle of the pack overall, but pretty poor against the pass (31st against the pass according to NFL.com, but not much better according to footballoutsiders.com, at #27).

Fortunately, the Vikings will have the chance to light up 2 of their former secondary players, Madieu Williams and Cedric Griffin, just like everyone else did when they were in their secondary.

Thx to Uncle Buck!

Last edited by disaacs on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Worm Guts

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:

The Skins' 2-3 record may not look impressive, but they have been in every game, and have played some good teams. That was an impressive performance versus the undefeated Falcons on Sunday.

Teams that went 3-13 the previous season probably shouldn't be overlooking anyone.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worm Guts wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Teams that went 3-13 the previous season probably shouldn't be overlooking anyone.

I dont think is a serious issue the that we need to be concerned with. The Vikes will come to play.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 2 of 60

Jump to: