Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 5: Seattle Seahawks vs Carolina Panthers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OneBadCat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
So, since I was there for this one, i'll give a few observations you may not have had the camera angles for:

- Kuechly is a MONSTER. You probably got this one. The way Beason has been whiffing/arm tackling all year, i'm in favor of Kuechly taking the Mike spot full time. He was just all over the field.

- Harukidookie might be the most pathetic starting safety i've ever seen. Our pass defense improved dramatically when Martin was on the field.

- We missed some tackles, but what killed us most was soft zone, especially with Josh Norman. He got beat like a drum on three consecutive third downs by hitch/comebacks to Rice.

- DeAngelo Williams is just not very good.

- Steve Smith was targeted 13 times....and had four grabs. It was ugly, even the fans were booing him toward the end. I have no idea what's wrong with him. He looks like the 2010 Smith who couldn't catch a cold.

- I counted three seperate occasions where LaFell broke open, but Cam chose to throw into coverage or run. There were times where it seemed that he was looking at his first read and then just chucking it.

- The offensive line wasn't great, but I think Cam made it look a little worse than it was. He had open guys, but kept looking for the big play despite the close game.

I think you have a point. Cam is doing a good job of protecting the team from INTs but his hesitation is leaving plays on the field. Olsen was getting open too.
cpanthers178990

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What really irks me about this team is I know for a fact that we are more than talented enough where at the very least we should have a winning record. Besides that Giants butt whooping in primetime, the other 3 losses were by a combined 12 freaking points! This team as of right now, does not have the mentality to win, whether that be through coaches, poor leadership on the field, or some have just plain become accustom to losing. More than likely it's a combination of the three. The product we are seeing on the field is not because of the lacking talent(Although in some spots we could use an upgrade) the 2012 Panthers have a mentality that is not going to win us ball games. I do understand however, we are young and it does take time for things like this to mature as they rightly should, but It really seems like the offense doesn't really trust the defense and the defense does not true the offense. Maybe it's just me, but I'm not really seeing team Camaraderie out there. Like the saying goes "United we stand, divided we fall" and we're falling hard. I'm not a smart man, I don't know what it will take but I would give anything to see this team come together as one mind, one body, one heartbeat, and I truly believe when/if that day comes we will start to see greatness in the making the likes of which we Panther fans have never seen before.
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
- Steve Smith was targeted 13 times....and had four grabs. It was ugly, even the fans were booing him toward the end. I have no idea what's wrong with him. He looks like the 2010 Smith who couldn't catch a cold.

It seemed as though Smith was really getting frustrated with the consistent bump-and-run coverage of our giant DBs. He seemed more focused on getting physical with those guys and wrestling Sherman to the ground than making an impact on offense.

Still one of my favorite non-Seahawks.
Cypher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Cypher wrote:

It seemed as though Smith was really getting frustrated with the consistent bump-and-run coverage of our giant DBs. He seemed more focused on getting physical with those guys and wrestling Sherman to the ground than making an impact on offense.

Still one of my favorite non-Seahawks.

One of the most telling moments for Smith was very early on. He was coming out of his break at full speed on a timing route over the middle, Cam put it up for him and he just couldn't get there. I can't ever recall Smith looking that slow.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
boondock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OneBadCat wrote:
boondock wrote:
On the 4th and goal play to end the game for us essentially, I was rather upset that we didn't try to punch it in with Cam again. Cam can get us a yard when we need it.

Then again, I would expect for Cam to hit a guy in the chest with the ball from that distance as well.

That was such a stupid call. Run the damn ball. This is why you drafted a mauling RG in the 2nd round and signed Mike Tolbert.

Just another example of Chud getting cute with playcalling when he doesn't have to be.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be fair, virtually every QB makes that throw every chance they get.

i would have rather gotten the cam dive though...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salt for the wounds:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000078477/article/seahawks-earl-thomas-we-knew-cam-would-tank

Earl Thomas says they knew Cam would tank.

That's just great. But I especially like this nugget:

Quote:
We'd argue the Panthers coaching staff hasn't helped. They don't have a foundation running game or drop-back passing attack. They rely on the option and the big play. When that doesn't work, they have no rhythm.

The attention on Newton has also distracted from the reality that Rivera is a defensive coach and his defense has uniformly been poor since the start of last year.

I think they'd be so much better in terms of production and attitude if they were able to just go out and pound some teams.

I don't get it anymore. Why do they choose to use plays that are in the shotgun, so they're three yards in their own backfield, and then they feature the runningback running laterally before going upfield. This is how not to beat good NFL defenses.

I said it before. This team needs to learn the value of a three yard gain.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: