Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Josh Cribbs
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dawgpoundcrazy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Josh Cribbs Reply with quote

1st off I want to say that I am a complete and total Jos Cribbs fan. I think the guy has been a class act since day 1 with the Browns organization. I really just want to see what others are thinking and feeling about his recent play in comparison to how I feel. Kinda what this forum is supposed to be for minus the pissing matches.

I am concerned about Cribs judgement as of late. Some of the kickoffs I have seen him or most of them I have seen him return are way deep in the endzone and touchback worthy but he tries to run them out and gets to the 17 or less. With our offensive struggles and growing pains we need those 3 extra yards. I definitely feel that in some cases like today on a punt return when he scooped it off the bounce and saved us 15 yards he has excellent judgement but I've seen so many kickoffs when I say "What are you doing take the 20 instead of trying to run it out 30 to get to the 20" He is not a WR threat which has been apparent from his lack of time and at 2.7 million do you think there is much longer for him when we have others who could return.
2012 stats
5th Josh Cribbs, WR CLE 12 341 28.4 39
att, yards, avg, long
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are right. He has made some bad choices coming out of the endzone.

Having said that I love his heart and passion for the Cleveland Browns. He is just trying to hard to make things happen.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
cthomas09

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love josh but since they changed the kick off rule he has been obsolete. We have faster guys who can get it done.........
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind him bringing the ball out of the end zone any time he wants. Just wish he'd have a bit more ball security.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is my favorite Brown of the new era, however, at the end of the year when his contract is up I wouldn't even give it a thought to renew it. He's going to be on the wrong side of 30 and not getting the job done anymore.

Jamison on the sig
gmer47brown

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Josh but I'd like to see Benjamin when healthy, take over punt return duties.

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cribbs has been good for this organization. However, he's just not a productive player on this team at this point. He doesn't help at receiver, and at his age, there's not much potential for him to do so. He's not an asset in the return game. What value does he have? This should be his last season in Cleveland. It's time to move on.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'all...

I didn't say it, because that would be a personal attack.

Just ...

Okay, not sure I can comment on this thread.

He is still a Brown. Back him up. He hasn't dropped a pass all year, and that includes getting blown up for a 4 yard 1st down and making a shoestring catch.

He is still very productive on special teams. He had 2 (maybe 3) lost fumbles in his career before last week. Put anyone else back there and I bet the fumble rate goes up. Of everyone on this team I'd start a discussion about getting rid of, he'd be in the bottom 7.

Can't believe the player who gives the most would get disrespected like this.
NateDawg

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put me in a Browns uniform and I'll "give the most." I wouldn't make it through the first minute of mini-camp.

Just because he's still a Brown doesn't mean everyone should "back him up." We're fans. We're entitled to critiquing who should be on the coaching staff, in the front office, on the roster, or what kind of beer is being sold at the game for that matter. I'm entitled to yell at everyone on the Browns team when they play lousy, from my couch at home, with salsa dripping down my robe.

For me, this is not about the last two weeks and the fumbles. He's got 1,136 receiving yards along with 7 touchdown catches in his career, which began in 2005. That's the equivalent to one borderline pro bowl season as a receiver. In 2009, he had four special teams touchdowns. Since then, he's had one, and he's been less than explosive for two plus years. Again, where is the value (on the field)? If it's not there, there's no need to keep it around. Especially if you are making as much money as Cribbs, for the production we've gotten. It's not personal. It's a twofold business. The economic business and the business of winning. Josh Cribbs makes sense for neither one.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NateDawg wrote:
Put me in a Browns uniform and I'll "give the most." I wouldn't make it through the first minute of mini-camp.

Just because he's still a Brown doesn't mean everyone should "back him up." We're fans. We're entitled to critiquing who should be on the coaching staff, in the front office, on the roster, or what kind of beer is being sold at the game for that matter. I'm entitled to yell at everyone on the Browns team when they play lousy, from my couch at home, with salsa dripping down my robe.

For me, this is not about the last two weeks and the fumbles. He's got 1,136 receiving yards along with 7 touchdown catches in his career, which began in 2005. That's the equivalent to one borderline pro bowl season as a receiver. In 2009, he had four special teams touchdowns. Since then, he's had one, and he's been less than explosive for two plus years. Again, where is the value (on the field)? If it's not there, there's no need to keep it around. Especially if you are making as much money as Cribbs, for the production we've gotten. It's not personal. It's a twofold business. The economic business and the business of winning. Josh Cribbs makes sense for neither one.

Yeah, but there are good fans and there are just fans. We used to be the good fans who supported our players, when they deserved it. We would crucify players if they deserved it too (Andre Rison for example). Maybe it was the move and the betrayal we felt, now we are disassociated with our own players. Maybe it's a younger fan base and it's just the I-age.

Whatever it is, I don't like it.

Money means nothing, unless you own the team and even then we have a minimum cap we need to reach. It's a business for those in the business, as fans we are not, we are just consumers.

If you are blaming Cribbs for losing us games you are wrong. He gives us field position, which if we could sustain a partial drive would be aiding in us scoring and winning. Would you prefer to start every drive after a kick return where the Giants started?
brownsfan1710

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh Cribbs cannot return the ball at a pro bowl level anymore. His judgement is terrible, and often backs us up inside the 20 on kickoffs he takes out that are 5+ deep. Every time he touches the ball, I'm waiting for a fumble.

I get it, fans love him for how exciting he was, but the key word is was. Josh Cribbs isn't exciting anymore. He can't get it done in the return game, and as a gunner and on kickoffs, we have other guys getting down faster and making the play. It's time to cut our losses, and realize that what Josh did for us years ago was great, but what he he has done lately is hindering our success, especially with more explosive people on our roster.
shoffma1999

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NateDawg wrote:
Cribbs has been good for this organization. However, he's just not a productive player on this team at this point. He doesn't help at receiver, and at his age, there's not much potential for him to do so. He's not an asset in the return game. What value does he have? This should be his last season in Cleveland. It's time to move on.

I completely agree. Cribbs hasn't really been a factor for several years now. He just isn't as good as he is made out to be. He is a class act, but he doesn't really scare any teams, and hasn't for a while now.

- Props to 64 CHAMPS for the awesome sig -
tricklogic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/sortableStats?div=NFL&table=returning&stat=retKickAvg&dir=descending&year=2012

LOL Most returns in the league, 3rd highest average in Kick Returns. He has generally put us in decent field position. 6th on punt returns average. I'm pretty sure he is still one of the best. He's made a few bad decisions, but that's because he usually can get it done. His field vision is awesome.

I still want to see him on offense once in awhile, I liked when they used to try to get him the ball to make a play. That field vision.

Last edited by tricklogic on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:34 am; edited 2 times in total
DawgX

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not quite as good at returning kicks as he used to be, but he's still good. He was never particularly good at returning punts, though, so I would like to see someone such as Travis Benjamin replace him as the punt returner.

Smack on the sig.
FLAbrownfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Untill benji can stay healthy he is not a choice to replace cribbs IMO.

I think josh can still be a weapon if used on offense more, he and josh Gordon should get with a vet and focus on route running!

R.I.P Crackburn, always in our hearts
adopt a Brown: Davone Bess - The best- one catch, one first down--- never mind person foul takes away! arrghhh Reg on the SIG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: