Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Other Games Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 49, 50, 51  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
Stevie Brown making plays for the GMen.

Int and a fumble recovery now.

Had a pick vs Carolina too.

Was it you or DOCLEW that said he was overrated because he was a 7th rounder?

He was a tweener at Michigan. Needed to develop. Rather have him than Mitchell.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching Denver today just shows me how terrible Oakland is. They are not a good team. There defense is a joke. Quick passes beat them and set them up to fail. Granted Brady can pick anyone apart, but Denver is just not that good.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Watching Denver today just shows me how terrible Oakland is. They are not a good team. There defense is a joke. Quick passes beat them and set them up to fail. Granted Brady can pick anyone apart, but Denver is just not that good.

Oops. This game could have been rather close.
roar2014

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

Hahaha at least wait until the game is done before you say that. It's obvious the Broncos still have work to do, but this game is just more indication that we beat ourselves more than anything else (ie. the fumbles and dropped balls). Lets see where this team is at week 10 or 11 and then judge whether they are a good team or not.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roar2014 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Hahaha at least wait until the game is done before you say that. It's obvious the Broncos still have work to do, but this game is just more indication that we beat ourselves more than anything else (ie. the fumbles and dropped balls). Lets see where this team is at week 10 or 11 and then judge whether they are a good team or not.

Beat yourselves? Was that when 2 RBs went for 100, the QB went for 300 and two WR's went for 100?

Denver made up some ground in garbage time. Pats went for a ridiculous 4th down, not sure why and Ridley coughed up a ball.

Denver was worked across the board for all but 10 minutes of the game.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Stevie Brown making plays for the GMen.

He had great instincts when he was here. Not really skilled, but he had good awareness & was a nice player on special teams. Would have liked to keep him as a backup, but we have a similar player now in Giordano.

Didn't we waive him for Erik Pears? Laughing
RaiderX

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody watching Glass Schilens? Guy hops when he makes a catch into his body. Now I know where DHB got his technique from.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jared Gaithers on the Oakland Raiders wrote:
Damn your medical exam

Right now we could have been looking at:

Gaithers, ?, Wiz, Brisiel, Veldheer
Willie, ?, Parson,Bergstrom, Barnes

Surely, you cannot deny the Raiders would have been basically set right now except LG. In addition Rivers would be the one running for his life. Admit that you wrong so we can move on, as my wife would say. Very Happy
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Damn your medical exam

Surely, you cannot deny the Raiders would have been basically set right now except LG. In addition Rivers would be the one running for his life. Admit that you wrong so we can move on, as my wife would say. Very Happy

didnt gaithers get worked yesterday? from the highlights he was getting rivers creamed

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
NickButera

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching the Texans play gives me a lot of hope. Palmer can easily be as good as Schaub is, I would argue Palmer can be a bit better. However, if we can get the rest of our team playing well together, as a team, we can be a competitive football team week in and week out.

Don't get me wrong, to be as good as the Texans is something special and rare. But their team model proves you can have amazing success without a top 3 QB. Funny, in the "age of the QB", the top 2 teams right now dont have an elite QB. Things will change, but I find this interesting. I'm seeing a slow move towards the importance of an elite defense.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Damn your medical exam

didnt gaithers get worked yesterday? from the highlights he was getting rivers creamed

I didn't finish watching the game. Apparently gaither came up lame late in the game and got abused. Even the commentators noticed Gaither wasn't the same.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
Watching the Texans play gives me a lot of hope. Palmer can easily be as good as Schaub is, I would argue Palmer can be a bit better. However, if we can get the rest of our team playing well together, as a team, we can be a competitive football team week in and week out.

Don't get me wrong, to be as good as the Texans is something special and rare. But their team model proves you can have amazing success without a top 3 QB. Funny, in the "age of the QB", the top 2 teams right now dont have an elite QB. Things will change, but I find this interesting. I'm seeing a slow move towards the importance of an elite defense.

A part of me wants to believe that. Houston has far more talent on both sides. Schaub isn't elite but he's definitely in the next tier of QBs. Palmer can't run the bootleg as effective either. I give him props for improving on throwing on the move though. Houston drafts so well. Getting guys like Watt, Reed and Jackson in the draft. Its gonna be a few years before we can sniff Texan type potential.

I believe in the system but its the roster and consistency that needs to improve.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Damn your medical exam

Gaither is a walking injury. I'm a lot happier with Veldheer at LT then I would be with him.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
NickButera wrote:

A part of me wants to believe that. Houston has far more talent on both sides. Schaub isn't elite but he's definitely in the next tier of QBs. Palmer can't run the bootleg as effective either. I give him props for improving on throwing on the move though. Houston drafts so well. Getting guys like Watt, Reed and Jackson in the draft. Its gonna be a few years before we can sniff Texan type potential.

I believe in the system but its the roster and consistency that needs to improve.

Here is the thing with the system in HOU, my Father and I have been looking at them a lot. First off they got A. Johnson who is the best all around receiver in the league imo. Lets just put that aside though. What they do well is fooling opposing defenses by letting the pressure get as close as possible and releasing the ball at that last second just when the other defense thinks they got you pinned. The key to the whole thing is timing. On the OL, backfield and WR's. If any guy is out of place it doesn't work because there is no extra time to get the ball out. Our OL seems to be the biggest people out of place at the moment and once they start clicking I think we will see a much improved offense. It is very high reward offense but the drawback is you need the right personel and all 11 guys need to be on the same page. I think we have the right guys now that Barnes is out and we just need that chemistry to click in. I am hopeful but its probably going to take a few games. This bye week came at a great time.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:

Here is the thing with the system in HOU, my Father and I have been looking at them a lot. First off they got A. Johnson who is the best all around receiver in the league imo. Lets just put that aside though. What they do well is fooling opposing defenses by letting the pressure get as close as possible and releasing the ball at that last second just when the other defense thinks they got you pinned. The key to the whole thing is timing. On the OL, backfield and WR's. If any guy is out of place it doesn't work because there is no extra time to get the ball out. Our OL seems to be the biggest people out of place at the moment and once they start clicking I think we will see a much improved offense. It is very high reward offense but the drawback is you need the right personel and all 11 guys need to be on the same page. I think we have the right guys now that Barnes is out and we just need that chemistry to click in. I am hopeful but its probably going to take a few games. This bye week came at a great time.

We must move away from the notion that Knapp is Kubiak. He isn't. Kubiak basically brought the exact same offense that Shannahan was running in Denver. That's what Houston wanted. It took a longer than expected but they finally have it. Conversely, Raiders were all under the impression that any reasonable person that knows how to run a printer and wants to be successful running a ZBS would steal Houston's playbook for Oakland. That didn't happen. The NFL is about relationships. Mike McCoy, Kubiak, Mike & Kyle Shanahan & Rick Dennison and anyone else who has served as Denver's OC during the Shanahan era all have the playbook we want. None of these guys trust that 1st time HC DA will keep his job long enough to make leaving their homes and uprooting their families worth the risk.

The offense has definitely been set back the lack of chemistry associated with injuries that prevent the unit from playing together but the reality is that iirc, Knapp's offense has lost on average 13pts per game everywhere he has gone.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 20 of 51

Jump to: