Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I want Munchak & Staff Gone
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrOneWayRoad

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This organization needs a lot of things....starting with better ownership. Adams is, and will forever be an old fool in my eyes, and how he became a billionaire amazes me sometimes. He doesn't have good football knowledge, and his organization really hasn't done crap since the merger. No super bowls, and the only real positive "eras" were because of Earl Campbell, Warren Moon, and Jeff Fisher. Aside from those it has been mediocre to down right futile. He insisted we draft VY back in '06, and that started a domino effect that landed us right where we are. And while he was on his local PR crusade to reel in 36 year old Peyton Manning this last off season, he likely hindered our efforts at upgrading the offensive line. Who knows how much an improved running game could be helping our efforts this season. The man is a joke.

Secondly, we need a front office that makes better personnel decisions. We had a good draft in 2011 (to this point), but aside from that, we've drafted inconsistently at best, and we've made some of the most head scratching, boneheaded decisions in the league by retaining or extending guys like Griffin, Amano, and CJ (hindsight is 20/20 on that one I guess), while letting guys like Finnegan walk out the door.

Finally, we need a coaching staff that will not only get these guys motivated and ready to play for 60 minutes every Sunday, but will also properly utilize the talent that is on the damn field. We are currently the worst team in the league, and you would have a hard time convincing me otherwise at this point, and our talent level is not at all the worst in the league. I'm sick of watching it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Mike Nolan as our next DC.

BostonZombie

"Love it or leave it: God bless America" -Ricky Stanzi

Adopt-A-Titan:
Matt Hasselbeck
Tommie Campbell
Flylow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MdTitansFan56 wrote:
I said it 3 weeks ago... Rob Chudzinski

THIS... PLEASE BUD ADAMS.. Do something smart for the first time in 17 years and hire a guy that can actually hire a staff that knows X's and O's..

Chud could also bring in Rex Ryan as his DC and we draft Star Loutulelie with our top 5/10 pick.

All of that should equal a better team than this [inappropriate/removed] that we are forced to watch, so far this season.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that the thread has moved in the direction of discussing future coaching options, but I just want to point out that Munchak & Co. actually thought Hasselbeck could be an option as a starter and/or a great backup. Hah! Haha!

Also, MrOneWayRoad absolutely hit this one on the head. This franchise is a joke from top to bottom, honestly. Even when there are good players or good coaches here the team is rarely near the top of the league, and when it is near the top it can't stay there for more than a couple of years. It starts at the top and trickles all the way down.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idc who we hire as HC but I want Rex Ryan as our DC. Rex actually knows how to coach a defense unlike Gray and a change from our old 4-3 is warranted.
VinceYoung1010

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, Rex has a job he probably won't be leaving anytime soon for the Tennessee Titans defensive coordinator position. Unless he gets fired which I just don't really see happening, he's just not an option

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a change.

I'm tired of Gray's schemes.
I'm tired of Chris Palmer.
I'm tired of Munch just standing on the sideline with no emotion

ADOPT a TITAN: DT Casey, LB McCarthy
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SARGO127 wrote:
We need a change.

wanting a coach gone because he isn't a sideshow on the sidelines doesn't make sense to me...
Just give me a guy that the players respect, knows X's and O's and that can coach.

Many successful coaches were calm on the sides..
SpaceAgePimp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
SARGO127 wrote:
We need a change.

wanting a coach gone because he isn't a sideshow on the sidelines doesn't make sense to me...
Just give me a guy that the players respect, knows X's and O's and that can coach.

I coach boys soccer for my school district and the players get the most fired up when I'm excited. I want a coach that gets excited when good things happen, I think it makes the players play better.

BostonZombie

"Love it or leave it: God bless America" -Ricky Stanzi

Adopt-A-Titan:
Matt Hasselbeck
Tommie Campbell

Last edited by SpaceAgePimp on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
SARGO127 wrote:
We need a change.

There is a difference in being calm and having a perpetual look of indifference on your face.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpaceAgePimp wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
SARGO127 wrote:
We need a change.

I coach boys soccer for my school district and the players get the most fired up when I'm excited. I want a coach that gets excited when good things happen, I think it makes the players play better.

I've seen him excited. He was high-fiving the defense on the first 3 and out. I've seen him yelling at the refs....
People make it seem like he on the side knitting or something.

I mean the coach fired up only works so often. Fisher used to gather the team on the sidelines and be all animated and fired up and that did what exactly?

Players have to play.

Dungy jumped up and down how often in the games?
Rex Ryan jumps up how often in a game and the Jets are what this year?
Rob Ryan is all over the field and his defense isn't the best.
Gruden was one of the most animated coaches in some time and that got him where? Fired...

Yeah Harbargh is hype in SF but he also is a great coach and has some good players.

To me and I guess it's just me...but it's just silly to want to get an over the top animated coach and expect that's gonna turn things around.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
SARGO127 wrote:
We need a change.

There is a difference in being calm and having a perpetual look of indifference on your face.

I just disagree whole heatedly.
I'm with ya'll with criticizing of decisions or game planning, but wanting to run him out because he isn't a cheerleader is just crazy to me.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we did fire them, no one would want to come here. You can't come here and have a rough stretch without everyone in the fan base wanting you fired. Laughing

I'm still of the belief that Hass was our biggest problem the last two weeks..The defense stepped up and while they weren't elite, played a lot better. They got no help from the Hasseltrash offense, though. Jake Locker's last start was his best game as a starter to date. Lets see how he builds on that.

Lets see what the team can do when Locker gets back, given the defensive improvements, before we go firing every body.
ironlion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
If we did fire them, no one would want to come here. You can't come here and have a rough stretch without everyone in the fan base wanting you fired. Laughing

I'm still of the belief that Hass was our biggest problem the last two weeks..The defense stepped up and while they weren't elite, played a lot better. They got no help from the Hasseltrash offense, though. Jake Locker's last start was his best game as a starter to date. Lets see how he builds on that.

Lets see what the team can do when Locker gets back, given the defensive improvements, before we go firing every body.

Im sorry but were you watching the titans Defence?? Allowing 30 points is an improvement against their usual 35ppg allowed but it's still awful. We have allowed 30+ points in our first 5 games. No team has EVER done that. We have no pass rush at all. We can't cover and we sure as hell can't tackle.

We need to bring a coach in that will run the 3-4. I'm so sick of seein the same base formation on every single down. My coach when I was 12 ran a more complicated defense.

I said it in the other thread but I'll say it again. The fact that munch even debated over starting hassleback is proof enough of how inept he is. Now we have facts and proof to back up that notion.

Honestly nothing will change. Bud Adams hired munch for reason we will never know, and not to win us games. Bud is a joke owner and his team resembles him. Win or lose the titans sell out every game and bud gets a fat cheque from the nfl wether we are 0-16 or 16-0, it just so happens that the cheque is much larger when we don't do well. The league wants ad revenue and the largest market possible. Ten in playoffs does not help that cause. Bud knows this.

Maybe we will consider firing munch in 2023 after he has enough time to really suck. Remember I said maybe.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ironlion wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

Im sorry but were you watching the titans Defence?? Allowing 30 points is an improvement against their usual 35ppg allowed but it's still awful. We have allowed 30+ points in our first 5 games. No team has EVER done that. We have no pass rush at all. We can't cover and we sure as hell can't tackle.

We need to bring a coach in that will run the 3-4. I'm so sick of seein the same base formation on every single down. My coach when I was 12 ran a more complicated defense.

I said it in the other thread but I'll say it again. The fact that munch even debated over starting hassleback is proof enough of how inept he is. Now we have facts and proof to back up that notion.

Honestly nothing will change. Bud Adams hired munch for reason we will never know, and not to win us games. Bud is a joke owner and his team resembles him. Win or lose the titans sell out every game and bud gets a fat cheque from the nfl wether we are 0-16 or 16-0, it just so happens that the cheque is much larger when we don't do well. The league wants ad revenue and the largest market possible. Ten in playoffs does not help that cause. Bud knows this.

Maybe we will consider firing munch in 2023 after he has enough time to really suck. Remember I said maybe.

You want to know why 30 points were allowed? Look no further than our inept offense giving our defense no rest.

Quote:
Up until the fourth quarter of today's loss to Vikes, #Titans had just one drive over five plays.

Seriously, do you guys expect them to hold them to no points when they're on the field for the vast majority of the game? You guys are COMPLETELY ridiculous with your expectations. The defense was FAR from the problem the past two weeks. INCREDIBLY FAR from it.

You guys just look at the scoreboard and don't actually look at the game at all. I guess your anger just makes you blackout, I don't know, but you guys certainly aren't using any logic at this point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: