Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 5 post game -
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oland11

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
What did everyone think about Reid gambling on 4th down in the massive drive we had?

And don't just look at the outcome and say it was a good call, what did you REALLY think backed up at our own 30 yard line.

Honestly regardless of if we made it or not, it was the right call. It was 4th down and little time left. Props to AR for going for it. AND IT WAS A RUN PLAY! Mad props goes to McCoy who converted it also.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
What did everyone think about Reid gambling on 4th down in the massive drive we had?

And don't just look at the outcome and say it was a good call, what did you REALLY think backed up at our own 30 yard line.

We had nothing going for us...it was a really desperate call and probably the wrong one. But I can't fault him for doing it....we needed points now (then). Also we needed to get the D off the field for an extended period of time when he decided to go for it. I think Andy knew if it was gonna happen it was that drive...and he was right....until the D gave up the lead.

Last edited by Kiltman on Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
BBIB

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
BBIB wrote:
You guys can't afford to drop a game if you have any hopes of getting a top seed, and with the way the NFC is looking right now, getting back to .500 doesn't even look good for making a wildcard spot if you don't win your division.

What team do you root for? O.o And its only the 5th week of the season. Relax.

Falcons fan but a Vick fan as well. And I'm not saying the sky is falling because at least it's not a 1-4 start like last year where you dug that early hole.

But all I'm saying is that there may be a big difference between 4-2 and 3-3.

If you guys go 4-2 you are setting yourself up for some big time momentum and if you guys split between us and the Saints, it's a 5-3 start to the season.

And heck who knows maybe even 6-2 with the way my Falcons historically play in Philly and the way the Saints are struggling.

But 3-3 and you might be behind the Cowboys and Giants with a chance to maybe go under .500 after the bye.

Just saying that's a big difference.
baconrad3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad decision in my eyes. Glad he ran it with Shady....but I was mad when it happened.

There was a ton of time left in the 4th...our D had been playing great all game....we were only down 6.....if we don't get it, they have the ball on our 30 and it's pretty much now a 2 possession game.

Weird call by Andy.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit, at the time, I was hating the call.

I was expecting either Vick to take it up the middle, or a handoff, but I knew our line wouldn't get any push for the short yardage.

Thankfully, I was wrong. And our special player at RB made something happen.

I like the statement it shows though. Andy basically saying "I believe in you guys, I will take this huge risk."

I'm glad it happened that way. But there's no way I'd advise doing that again.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
I have to admit, at the time, I was hating the call.

I was expecting either Vick to take it up the middle, or a handoff, but I knew our line wouldn't get any push for the short yardage.

Thankfully, I was wrong. And our special player at RB made something happen.

I like the statement it shows though. Andy basically saying "I believe in you guys, I will take this huge risk."

I'm glad it happened that way. But there's no way I'd advise doing that again.

You can really tell Andy believes in this team and trusts them fully.

I'm pretty happy about that.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
oland11 wrote:
BBIB wrote:
You guys can't afford to drop a game if you have any hopes of getting a top seed, and with the way the NFC is looking right now, getting back to .500 doesn't even look good for making a wildcard spot if you don't win your division.

What team do you root for? O.o And its only the 5th week of the season. Relax.

Falcons fan but a Vick fan as well. And I'm not saying the sky is falling because at least it's not a 1-4 start like last year where you dug that early hole.

But all I'm saying is that there may be a big difference between 4-2 and 3-3.

If you guys go 4-2 you are setting yourself up for some big time momentum and if you guys split between us and the Saints, it's a 5-3 start to the season.

And heck who knows maybe even 6-2 with the way my Falcons historically play in Philly and the way the Saints are struggling.

But 3-3 and you might be behind the Cowboys and Giants with a chance to maybe go under .500 after the bye.

Just saying that's a big difference.

There is a chance for anything really with this team.

9-7 or 10-6 will probably win our division. With the way the NFC North and West is there probably won't be another NFC east team besides the Division winner.

There is really no games that scare me the rest of the way. But there aren't many pushovers either. (Except maybe the Bucs and Carolina) The Eagles could easily go 14-2 if they play up to their ability, but if they keep shooting themselves in the foot who knows where we end up.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Eagles are too predictable. It's a total joke. There was one 2nd down run to the left that everyone on the field knew was coming. Everyone knows that the Eagles favor running on 2nd down to create a short 1st down especially after an unsuccessful 1st down. Everyone knows that the Eagles run to the outside. In this particular game Shady found success to the left. All of that aligned to result in the Steelers calling a run blitz to their right side and stuffing that predictable play for a loss. Rolling Eyes
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:

I nearly cry when I saw Shady stonewalled before turning around and converting. It was definitely ballsy and in hindsight was good but really high risk call.

Thanks to Braylon4MVP for the sig!
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I was saying to my friend. Once they got that 3rd down conversion with about 1:50 left, should we have let them score? Down 6 with 1:30 left or a 30 yard field goal attempt as time expires?? I was hoping we would let them score, especially how clutch Vick has been this year.
Rock_#5

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc is that dude! He's been one of the few guys making sense in this thread. Vick finished strong, sure he had two fumble but he also threw 2 TD's. Its not like we were favored to beat them, we still showed we can keep up with a top notch team.

BTW Props to DRC, Played a hell of a game.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we are going to bash someone it is going to be Nnamdi, for fooling us into believing he was a shutdown corner.

Thanks to Braylon4MVP for the sig!
eagles91

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
The Eagles are too predictable. It's a total joke. There was one 2nd down run to the left that everyone on the field knew was coming. Everyone knows that the Eagles favor running on 2nd down to create a short 1st down especially after an unsuccessful 1st down. Everyone knows that the Eagles run to the outside. In this particular game Shady found success to the left. All of that aligned to result in the Steelers calling a run blitz to their right side and stuffing that predictable play for a loss. Rolling Eyes

I've got to agree with you. Both the offense and defense proved they are not multi-faceted enough to win these kinds of football games. Sure, there are going to be mistakes. But when are we going to see those mistakes corrected during the game? I'm tired of this talk about having things to get better at. No kidding, no team is perfect, every team has weak spots, but how well can you adapt? In my mind, this team has lacked the ability to make quick corrections, and it has lacked that ability for a long time. There are blitzes that my grandmother can see coming, and there are no adjustments made by the offense. Vick is getting killed back there, and there are no plays designed to get the ball out of his hands quickly. Big Ben is effortlessly avoiding the four man rush. So where is the blitz? He was way too comfortable in the pocket, even when it started to collapse.

For the first time I'm actually thinking there needs to be a regime change. This team is far too talented to be playing such bland football. I think a lot of the changes we want to see on the field start with the design of the game plan, and tailoring the offense and defense to play to their strengths. Great football teams are well orchestrated wholes, and this team is looking like it's missing a beat far too often.

I'm OK with Vick at the helm. Sure, if those fumbles hadn't happened, we may have won that game. It may have even been a decisive victory had the momentum not shifted. But Vick is who Vick is, and to be honest, as a passer he has been excellent the past two games. It is apparent to me and most others that Vick does not have the maturity that an elite QB must possess: he isn't going to make the audible that exposes the defense. He's going to stay true and try and make things work. And that leads to holding on to the ball, interceptions, and lost fumbles. Andy and Co. need to help out their units more, bottom line.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
Ok I was saying to my friend. Once they got that 3rd down conversion with about 1:50 left, should we have let them score? Down 6 with 1:30 left or a 30 yard field goal attempt as time expires?? I was hoping we would let them score, especially how clutch Vick has been this year.

The Steelers are a much better football team than that. They would have taken the opportunity to milk the clock instead of giving Vick the ball back with time to make something happen. Was it likely to happen? Probably not, but the Steelers play smart football. The defense needed to get off the field, and they didn't. That's that.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!
Six days ago the Eagles were going to the Super Bowl.
Now they're too predictable and it's time to fire the coach.

Relax.

There are losses and there are bad losses.
The Cardinals game was a bad loss.
This was just a loss.
The Steelers are a much better team than they had shown prior to this game.
Hell, they were favorites.

The Eagles are 3-2, tied for the lead in the division and have a more favorable schedule than the team with whom they are tied.
There is still a long way to go.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 9 of 13

Jump to: