Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How much of our self-destruction is on...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How much of our self-destruction is on...
Poor coaching and game-planning?
28%
 28%  [ 8 ]
Poor playing by the players?
42%
 42%  [ 12 ]
Shurmur's play-calling?
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Weeden's mistakes?
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Something else?
21%
 21%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 28

buno67

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Inxpierenced players and an inexpierenced head coach.

They can all improve and lead this team in the right direction rather soon.

wow i actually agree with you on something lol

just growing pains. We have a very young team and a young HC. Its not a very good combo. when you see a young team they usually have a old/vey HC leading the way or when you see a young HC you see a very experience team put together to lead the way.

you look at teams with newer coaches on teams the roster has a lot of good vets or teams who have a young roster has a older/vet HC running the team. The browns have youth everywhere.

IMO the short run is going to be painful but in the long run, it will pay off. The team shows great potential as we saw in the first quarter but it can be extremely painful as we saw in the last 3 quaters today

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
A lot of this is due to inexperience, but it's a pretty clear combination between poor play calling and poor performance. I'd like to have another year to weed out the bad eggs and build around the key players, but I'd say it's fair to expect an overhaul.

It's a shame too, because I think if Weeden hasn't impressed you a tad so far, he'll be sure to by the end of the season.

I think I have seen all I need to see of Weeden. Flashes negated by flameouts.

Yep. All you need to see about a player is the first 5 games of their career.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been a total lack of execution by the players.

Its not the coaching.

Its not the play calling.

Its the execution by the players. Its the inexperience. Its he lack of dpth and talent to overcome injuries, penalties, and turnovers.
bulldog

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
A lot of this is due to inexperience, but it's a pretty clear combination between poor play calling and poor performance. I'd like to have another year to weed out the bad eggs and build around the key players, but I'd say it's fair to expect an overhaul.

It's a shame too, because I think if Weeden hasn't impressed you a tad so far, he'll be sure to by the end of the season.

I think I have seen all I need to see of Weeden. Flashes negated by flameouts.

Yep. All you need to see about a player is the first 5 games of their career.

That's exactly what I thought when I read that. What a joke.
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its not like today we were missing at some point (or all points):

Chris Gocong
Joe Haden
Dimitri Patterson
Phil Taylor
Ahtyba Rubin
D'Qwell Jackson

no wonder why our D sucked

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:

Chris Gocong
Joe Haden
Dimitri Patterson
Phil Taylor
Ahtyba Rubin
D'Qwell Jackson

Our O didn't do a lot to help the D today, either
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Petrak ct ‏@ScottPetrak

QB Brandon Weeden has thrown for 1,288 yards, the 2nd-highest total ever by a rookie through 5 games. Cam Newton had 1,610 last year

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

bruceb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

QB Brandon Weeden has thrown for 1,288 yards, the 2nd-highest total ever by a rookie through 5 games. Cam Newton had 1,610 last year

How many games have we won with him at the helm?
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

How many full games has the entire team put together

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

bulldog

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:

Chris Gocong
Joe Haden
Dimitri Patterson
Phil Taylor
Ahtyba Rubin
D'Qwell Jackson

Right, bc putting 14 on the board in the first 5 min of the game and putting the giants offense on their toes was no favor.

Your blind pessimism is absurd.
StewieRules

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

You're kidding right? Or perhaps he can do kickoffs and play corner & safety too - maybe that'd help.

I love this forum for so many reasons - seriously - and comments like this are part of the reason why.

It's a TEAM game, and our team today learned a valuable lesson the hard way - 1.5 quarters doesn't equal 4.

Regarding Weeden, I'm continually amazed by some who pay lip service to the fact that he is in fact a rookie while still clearly expecting him, for the most part, to play like an All Pro. This kid through 5 games has shown plenty of reasons why he's starting - but as a rookie he has flashes & fizzles just like (wait for it ............. nearly all rookie QBs do) No doubt, the 1st pick was a killer - badly placed pass since Gordon was open. 2nd pick was also a killer (rookie lock & read on that one, Watson wasnt open) But he also made some seriously nice throws (both Gordon TDs and the key 4th down toss to TR to site a few examples) Weedens 2nd TD throw? A poster here says "Way to pat the stats!" Unreal.

Weeden will be fine - hes new to the game at this level but he's shown why he belongs. And who does he have to throw to?? MoMass out (again) - Benjamin out - and Little might as well have been - slant pass right through his hands pretty much ended his day target-wise. Gordon improves each week - once he gets his route running under control he's gonna be good. And Norwood played today like he did last season - good routes and reliable hands. But this unit BEGS for a veteran WR and it showed today.

Tr is Tr - enough said. O Line for the most part did a very good job today, probably their best overall game of the season.

Our D today was horrid - Giants scored on 6 straight possessions and Eli played out of his mind. Patterson and Skrine had solid coverage on those early Giant drives - Manning completed passes anyway, time and time again. Run D? not today - for all our excitement about our young D-line they offered no pass rush whatsoever, allowed a career day for Bradshaw, and that Wilson run was - well let's just say I saw that one coming. DQ going out just made a bad situation worse. Our secondary was exposed for what it is today - Haden back will help but we need a CB and a safety BAD. I've been against drafting a RDE in the 1st but we need a pass rusher BAD. Overall this unit looked nothing like the one that played Philly ~ clearly an impact player or two for the D is in order.

Cribbs' fumble was a heart-breaker, ruining an otherwise excellent return day. When it happened was also disastrous - it added to a momentum shift we couldn't recover from.

Play-calling & execution started off fine - but went south when we fell behind. I don't understand running TR less - we had a half of football to play and he was running well ... why not keep feeding him, let the O settle down and most importantly keep the Giants O on the bench? And Shurmur declining the penalty was just bizarre. Clearly we were going for it on 4th down so if that's the mindset, why not take the penalty and give yourself 2 shots for a 1st down conversion? Had we not converted the ensuing 4th & 3 that would've been the talking point of the game.

This is a young team - but I'm not as willing to make that as much of a free pass now, especially seeing that Philly is by and large as young as we are. To me a lot of this is coaching, execution & motivation. Add to that inexperience at key positions and simply a lack of play-making at some others (WR as a unit, CB, S) and yeah - its tough to turn things around.

Our offense showed early what its capable of, despite not having some pieces in place and four rookies starting - Our D failed on many levels. And watching the game plan shift like it does when we fall behind, the sloppy tackling and arm-grabbing, etc - I can't help but wonder what a Harbaugh coached team for example would look like.
bruceb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
bruceb wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:

Chris Gocong
Joe Haden
Dimitri Patterson
Phil Taylor
Ahtyba Rubin
D'Qwell Jackson

Uhh, how did that work out for us?

Right, bc putting 14 on the board in the first 5 min of the game and putting the giants offense on their toes was no favor.

Your blind pessimism is absurd.

ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:

Chris Gocong
Joe Haden
Dimitri Patterson
Phil Taylor
Ahtyba Rubin
D'Qwell Jackson

If the O was allowed to go out there and put pressure on Eli, cover Victor or tackle Ahmad, I think they would have.
SOCALBrowns

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
Inxpierenced players and an inexpierenced head coach.

They can all improve and lead this team in the right direction rather soon.

wow i actually agree with you on something lol

just growing pains. We have a very young team and a young HC. Its not a very good combo. when you see a young team they usually have a old/vey HC leading the way or when you see a young HC you see a very experience team put together to lead the way.

you look at teams with newer coaches on teams the roster has a lot of good vets or teams who have a young roster has a older/vet HC running the team. The browns have youth everywhere.

IMO the short run is going to be painful but in the long run, it will pay off. The team shows great potential as we saw in the first quarter but it can be extremely painful as we saw in the last 3 quaters today

Miami is young with a rookie head coach, the Rams are the youngest team in the league, the Colts are young with a new coaching system and a start of a new era. They all have W's and we do not. In my opinion we have better talent than Miami and the Colts (except Luck). But we FIND a way to lose. Thats on Shurmur. No way around it.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce has seen all that he needs to see. Shocker

Cuz u almost weren't trolling when u called 10-6 .

Lol

Seriously.

Weeden is the most talented QB we have had in years.

Cut him

Bust

Lol

GTFO

Re hire Mangini and start Colt

Hahahahahshhahsshaha

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: