Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders need draft Geno Smith, Bray, Or Matt Barkley next.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickButera

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigMike1b wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
No way the Raiders are KC bad, but don't worry you'll see Geno at least twice a year.

Have you seen our Defense? I think KC is better than us slightly, and that pains me to type this.

On the field consistency wise, I think we're about even. Big difference is, if our offense gets going (and I expect it to get going to some degree soon), we're going to surpass what they can be if their defense really gets going. Cassel has proven he's not good enough to even keep them in games.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
No way the Raiders are KC bad, but don't worry you'll see Geno at least twice a year.

Their RB is actually beasting. Their D is 10 times the unit Oakland is and they are not that good.

Oakland and Jacksonville IMO are in a 2 team race in the end for the #1 pick.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigMike1b wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Have you seen our Defense? I think KC is better than us slightly, and that pains me to type this.

KC's defense is significantly better than ours.
They are where they are right now because of incredible gobs of turnovers.

We are where we are because of poor execution on every side of the ball. Not horrendous errors like them, just a consistent flow of smaller errors and a defense that cannot stop even the simplest of plays.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Their RB is actually beasting. Their D is 10 times the unit Oakland is and they are not that good.

Buffalo isn't far behind. I mean Shaughnessy has more sacks than Williams so far.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

10x better than ours or not their D is still awful, they have no QB, they have an OC with no grapes(it was funny, they ran it like 10 times on 3rd and medium/long today..shows how much they trust their QB), and they're HC is bad. No way are they better than us. I think our offense is going to get better as time goes on and they'll win us a couple of games like the Steelers game, our defense tho.....

right now everything is us for grabs, KC/Tennessee/Oakland/Jacksonville/Jets/Browns are all still in it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

10x better than ours or not their D is still awful, they have no QB, they have an OC with no grapes(it was funny, they ran it like 10 times on 3rd and medium/long today..shows how much they trust their QB), and they're HC is bad. No way are they better than us. I think our offense is going to get better as time goes on and they'll win us a couple of games like the Steelers game, our defense tho.....

right now everything is us for grabs, KC/Tennessee/Oakland/Jacksonville/Jets/Browns are all still in it

all that but they kept the ravens to 9 points and even score 6. we barely put up 6 points on the donkeys. that shows how weak we are.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

all that but they kept the ravens to 9 points and even score 6. we barely put up 6 points on the donkeys. that shows how weak we are.

It's all academic. It's very difficult to go 0 - 16. The Ravens are playing how many games in how days? This was a small window of opportunity that KC missed and the Raiders didn't vs. the Steelers.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
dante9876

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

It's all academic. It's very difficult to go 0 - 16. The Ravens are playing how many games in how days? This was a small window of opportunity that KC missed and the Raiders didn't vs. the Steelers.

Dont quite see your point. KC is better than us. They have played better than us in every part of the game except QB. Decent QB play and they would be 2-2 maybe 3-1. We are getting above average QB play and won one game and wasnt competitive at all in 2 of our loses. Right now, there defense, oline and RB is all playing better than ours.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Dont quite see your point. KC is better than us. They have played better than us in every part of the game except QB. Decent QB play and they would be 2-2 maybe 3-1. We are getting above average QB play and won one game and wasnt competitive at all in 2 of our loses. Right now, there defense, oline and RB is all playing better than ours.

yup pretty much. we look like hot crap out there 75% of the time. just look at our 3rd down stats for offense and defense. we dont play inspired ball and we like to toss in the towel early in the 3rd qtrs.

kc defense played well vrs a dangerous raven offense who usually are good for a few tds despite their schedules. whens the last time we held a team to 9 points?

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

We will find out in 2 weeks. As it stands today, Charles will run it at will against the Raiders front 7 and Cassel as poor as he is will manage ANOTHER decent game against Oakland. Why, there is noway they can cover Bowe or any other WR on their team.

The Raiders O might improve, but unless the D improves they are Jacksonville bad right now.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
bitty wrote:
NickButera wrote:
I'm with Totty. I've seens way to many QB prospects miss and too few hit in my day. There's really so sure formula to determine who's going to be great in this league. I'll hop on the bandwagon once we have a rookie who is actually winning games for us consistently. If we pick a QB, I'll certainly be routing for him and I'll be optomistic, but if there's one constant it's how most top college QB's will fail (or not amount to much) once they get into the NFL.

A good young quarterback is so important that it's worth taking the risk.

Not only is Smith gonna be gone by the time we pick (at this rate, he might be going number 1) but this logic is flawed. If you miss that QB prospect ala 2007, it sets you back FAR. IMO, we have to go defense w/ our first pick and there's really no debate.

The Raiders could be competing for the #1 pick. They play Jacksonville and Cleveland. They lose those games, they will have the pick. They haven't shown they are any better than those teams.

Missing on QB pick now is not the same as in 2007. There isn't near the amount of guaranteed money thanks to the wage scale.

Lastly, there is a debate. You need a franchise QB in the NFL to be consistently successful. The Raiders also need a long term solution at QB. I won't care either way be it defense or QB. The Raiders team is lacking all the way around. They need to find TALENTED players on both sides of the ball.

IMO, you're right. We lose those games, we will have that pick. The guaranteed money isn't the same but the number 1 overall pick investment is still there. When do you give up on a guy if he's just OK?? Look at the Panther's now. Newton had all those garbage yards last season and everyone thinks he's phenomenal. He's crap this season. Well, what do you say? Sophomore slump? OK, third year - plays pretty good, better than this year, nothing special though. OK, fourth year, you have to keep playing him, right? Maybe has another average year. How many years to do you give this guy? Had he not been the first overall pick, you might not hold onto him as long. I'm not predicting Newton does this, I just feel he's a prime example. If he doesn't pan out and after 5 years you finally decide to cut your loss, that's still 5 years, THEN you have to get another guy. If you draft one, you go through the whole thing again....

In most cases, you're right, you do need that franchise guy but there are still ways to win w/o one.

We have a QB we can win w/ now. We NEED to bolster that defense. W/ a defensive minded coach also, I could see that happening over the offseason.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:

I don't know the Raiders love USC QBs

That person is dead now.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:
If we land the #1 pick do you guys think we can land a Redskins-Rams type of trade?

This would be my only suitable option w/ the pick. I wouldn't want to make the pick but since the price has gone down so much w/ the cap, people aren't as scared to make these offers b/c of the lessened financial commitment. I would love to rob another team w/ that pick if they'd be willing to trade. The Redskins are going to be hurting for a long time if RGIII doesn't learn to not take hits. Dude will be done in 4 years.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
BigMike1b wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

On the field consistency wise, I think we're about even. Big difference is, if our offense gets going (and I expect it to get going to some degree soon), we're going to surpass what they can be if their defense really gets going. Cassel has proven he's not good enough to even keep them in games.

Exactly.

If Charles isn't a factor, you might as well throw Fordham College's offense out there and get equal results.

PM sig requests.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:

We have a QB we can win w/ now. We NEED to bolster that defense. W/ a defensive minded coach also, I could see that happening over the offseason.

Win what? We have a QB who has never won a playoff game in his career so i'm not sure we can make those kind of statements.

Fixing that D will take more than one offseason. We're gonna be building through the draft and it's gonna take a few years. This team won't be competitive until 2014, at the earliest.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 13 of 24

Jump to: