Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs New York Giants - Redemption
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's Got It Better Than Us?
Nooooobody!!!
66%
 66%  [ 28 ]
New York Giants :(
33%
 33%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 42

SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs New York Giants - Redemption Reply with quote

San Francisco 49ers vs New York Giants

vs

The red hot 49ers will be hosting the G-Men this Sunday, and there's only one thing on the mind of the red and gold......redemption. With a much better receiving core and the offensive line clicking, we'll be ready for this match up. Kyle Williams will also be eager to prove himself after his mistakes during that game. I'm certain that this is the game which all our players circled in our calendar, so expect us to leave nothing on the field.

Keys to the game...

Hold the salsa please: Victor Cruz needs to be contained. With the Giant's WR core hurt, Eli will go to him early and often. For a guy his size, he's pretty deadly in the redzone.

Pressure, pressure, pressure: It's unfortunate that I have to say this every week, yet nothing gets done about it. Our pass rush has been non-existent and Fangio doesn't seem to blitz until it's too late. We need to get Eli on the ground and get him to make mental errors. This team is potent through the air, and we need to keep them in check.

Mix it up: We did an excellent job mixing up our offense last week, and we need to continue doing so. The Giants are ranked 20th against the pass and 22nd against the run. Take advantage of mis-matches, and don't let up. I'm enjoying seeing Kaepernick in, and hopefully we keep it up. The kid is dangerous when he's running, and teams have a hard time containing him.

Give Alex time: Yes Alex is solid against the blitz, but when he has time, he can be spectacular. Keep him upright and give him that extra second, and he could be in for another good game.

Last edited by SoCalNiner on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:32 pm; edited 4 times in total
redsoxsuck05

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was really fun discussing the games with you guys last year. Looking forward to the first of another two. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redsoxsuck05 wrote:
It was really fun discussing the games with you guys last year. Looking forward to the first of another two. Very Happy

Yes it was. You guys have a very classy fan base and team. I expect this to come to the last minute like it's always had.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eli on snl was so damn hilarious. Especially that scene in the gif. Damn.
Then ray Lewis Laughing

new sig... sorry alex
AT49ers

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when was eli on SNL?

props to WalterRedskins on the great sig
ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
Eli on snl was so damn hilarious. Especially that scene in the gif. Damn.
Then ray Lewis Laughing

That whole skit is hysterical. Now I'm off to watch it Laughing

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
I hear within 5 years the fans at Jags games will be able to vote via Twitter on the in-game playcalls.
in po we trust

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*(as an extra blocker)
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AT49ers wrote:
when was eli on SNL?

It was during summer. It was great.
Check YouTube. You have to watch it

new sig... sorry alex
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogers vs Cruz in the slot is going to be one of the key match ups. Honestly, today Rodgers didn't play terrible, but gave up more yards than the other two CBs. If Nicks does play, Culliver and Brown will have to step up but Eli doesn't care who he is throwing to Laughing . In the last few weeks we have seen big games from Barden, Hixon, and Randle.

Can we please activate Jacobs next week? If it was due to him not being healthy enough, fine, but he has to play next week. In the last two weeks we have got away from leaving some points off the board but against the Giants we need TDs.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Rogers vs Cruz in the slot is going to be one of the key match ups. Honestly, today Rodgers didn't play terrible, but gave up more yards than the other two CBs. If Nicks does play, Culliver and Brown will have to step up but Eli doesn't care who he is throwing to Laughing . In the last few weeks we have seen big games from Barden, Hixon, and Randle.

Can we please activate Jacobs next week? If it was due to him not being healthy enough, fine, but he has to play next week. In the last two weeks we have got away from leaving some points off the board but against the Giants we need TDs.

Yeah Cruz got the upper hand on Rogers in the NFCCG and was just torching him all day. Hopefully Rogers plays like he did in the regular season game against the Giants last year... thats when Rogers held his own against Cruz. Another key match up is Staley against JPP. Keeping Alex upright is definitely needed for our offense to get rolling.

^Kempes^
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, JPP is a monster both as an pass rusher and run stopper. Hopefully we give Staley some help at times but I believe he held his own against him in both games last year.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redsoxsuck05 wrote:

I definitely enjoy your (speaking in the plural sense) visits to our forum, but if it's all the same - I'm fine with only one meeting...unless we win the second one this time around. Last year, we didn't think of it at the time, but it would have been nice to trade the first victory for the second.

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 28th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #26, Ottis Anderson: 168
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 862
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you guys might have a game thread up already. I gotta say I'm not feeling too confident about this one. Your offense this year is head and shoulders better than when we faced you in the playoffs, where you couldn't convert a 3rd down to save your life. And due to a combination of injuries and under-performance, our defense isn't what it was last year. But, as long as the defense doesn't completely stink it up, Eli will keep us in the game.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
IR0NM1KE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings from the NY Forum. Congrats on a outstanding start to your 2012 season. This should be a very competitive game. Truly hoping Nicks sucks it up and plays for the first time in a month. Without him, we can still beat inferior teams through the air but we will struggle against the SF defense in the event that a sore knee/foot/ladyparts keeps him out a 4th week in a row.

Im sure a few of us will be stopping in throughout the week. So I'll see you around.
Wink
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are welcome here any time. Just to be safe, I do think you should rest Nicks one more week. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 1 of 55

Jump to: