Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Wk 5: Denver Broncos @ New England Patriots (4.25pm EST)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Joe_is_the_best wrote:
Wait.. One game where we struggle, albeit mightily, against the run, now all of the sudden we can't stop the run? Who's going to stop the run playing nickel all day?
Broncos fans overreacting? Why I never!

Apparently the Patriots make every defense look average. Like the Cardinals. I didn't know average defenses' give up 250 yards rushing and let runs plays and short passes convert 3rd and longs.

That Cardinal D-Line (which is better than ours) controlled that game, plus the Patriots had to adjust their offense after Hernandez got hurt.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brassglobos wrote:
If there is one thing that is pissing me off it's Elvis. Dude makes too much money to be a liability in run defense. Can't set the edge to save his life.
A big problem is his height. Usually that would help his leverage but due to the average Tackle being 6'5 and just huge, that makes the 5'11 Dumervil very easy to "engulf." We knew when Elvis signed his extension that we would have to deal with it because he is too vital to the pass rush.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ihatepotholes wrote:
hillman sucks so bad, it is not even funny. 1 and short he was dancing around in the backfield. are you kidding me?!!! don't play this moron until he grows a pair.

Wow, you're so quick to judge. what the heck is 1 and short? he did dance just once but still got positive yards.

elwayfan07

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Oh christ here comes the fanatics like Tebow's fanboys last season.

Patriots were smart to run the ball on us, why wouldn't you in when the defense is forced to play nickel base. That forces Woodyard and Mays to be the 2 backers and neither one of them are very good at scraping over the top and stopping those long runs. Does the defense need to play better yeah but they have adjusted and made plays in the 2nd half.

Let's not act like the offense was spectacular either both started off slow and that was our downfall. Offense didn't capitalize on defensive stops and the defense didn't step up when our offense did score in the 1st half.

Stopping any dink and dunk offense is nearly impossible if you don't have an inside rush and Wolfe/Bannan/Vickerson failed in that aspect today. Other than Wolfe's sack the inside line had no push and got washed down on running plays.

Joe Mays did absolutely nothing this game, gave NE a first on a stupid PI, blew tackle after tackle, step behind in coverage. He did not finish the game with a single tackle for loss. Von had 5, hell even Rahim Moore had a TFL. Defense was better with that waste of a player suspended.

1. There are 2 halfs of football.

2. We did sack Brady 4 times.

3. Pass coverage not being done by Champ Bailey is putrid.

4. Talent on offense outside of Demaryius Thomas is also putrid. Our best skill player fumbles all the time and so does our 2nd best skill player.

5. Offensive play calling is horrible. Why did we run the ball on the last drive? When Peyton Manning is starting to get hot, you don't run a dive play.

1. It wasn't a dive play. Willis fumbled on a draw.

2. It was a very successful play until he fumbled. he had a nice gain. Wasn't the play call it was him fumbling the ball.

3. If you go away from a player everytime he does something bad, then you will have no players to go to.

4. We lost against the two best teams in the NFL and a top 5 team in the Pats.

5. You people need to stop acting petulant children and calm down. The sky isn't falling. There is no need to panic. We are still the best team in the AFCW

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe_is_the_best wrote:
Well let's take our worst plays and solely use them to judge our team's performance.

In all fairness though, our D has given up 27 or more points in 3 out of our first 5 games, and we've been outscored 74 to 42 in the first half this season. I don't think it's necessarily an overreaction to be concerned about this.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ihatepotholes wrote:
hillman sucks so bad, it is not even funny. 1 and short he was dancing around in the backfield. are you kidding me?!!! don't play this moron until he grows a pair.
He's a rookie who has barely played what did you expect?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
brassglobos wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
brassglobos wrote:
Some of you guys are really over-reacting.

This was the toughest part of our schedule. Before the season started how many people actually predicted 3+ wins after 5 weeks? Many of us thought 2-3 at best.

Was this disappointing? Yes. Are we all of the sudden out of contention for the division or wild card spot? No.

Take a deep breathe and relax. It's just week five, and we are done with the worst/hardest part of our schedule.
Yes, but then we'll probably just go to the playoffs and get destroyed by NE or HOU or BAL or whoever we end up playing. Pointless.

This team can't stop the run or cover anyone besides whoever Champ Bailey is covering. They also have 0 talent on offense outside of Demaryius Thomas. Who fumbles A LOT.

I don't even consider McGahee talent anymore. He's just like Tatum Bell except a little slower and a little bigger.

Yes that makes complete sense since HOU and NE destroyed us. Rolling Eyes

Did you actually think we were going to be spectacular on defense with DJ out and Mays as our MLB?

Some of you guys base this team week to week.

We kill Oakland. ZOMG we are awesome!!!!

The Patriots literally run us over. ZOMG we SUCK, we're not going to anything this year!!!

Get a grip.
No, I didn't. But I didn't expect to fumble 3 times, and yes, imo, HOU did destroy us. And we became very lucky tonight because usually when a team puts 250 yards up on the ground and over 300 yards passing, the score isn't even close.

Don't forget that we were also down 31-7. I didn't think we were awesome after we beat Oakland. I even made jokes about how people were going to do that.

The difference between Tom Brady and Peyton Manning as of recent? Tom Brady is making the good talent around him great. And Peyton Manning has been making mediocre talent, decent. None of our skill players besides Demaryius Thomas would probably start on most teams. McGahee is a toss up.

Every linebacker on our team sucks outside of Von. Rahim Moore is our leading tackler for christ sake.

Yea we were down 31-7 and a Veteran team lead by Brady took their foot off the gas. The same thing happened with Houston. If these teams really wanted to "destroy" us, they could have but didn't, we took advantage.

I think you're over valuing our skill (WR) players as far as need. DT is the best (as far as size) WR Manning has ever had. As far as RBs, yes we need an upgrade.

And I'm not going to dispute what you said about our LBs. Everyone knows that.

Like I said, this was the roughest part of our schedule. It's week 5 and it seems like you're already giving up on this year. Have some patience. It's a long season.
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
ihatepotholes wrote:
He's a rookie who has barely played what did you expect?

I know right, what a joke.

AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mile High wrote:
We are officially out of the hard part of our schedule!!!!!

Now we have 10 weeks until our next REAL challenge against Baltimore and basically cupcakes the entire rest of the way.

Time to get some wins.

Can't share your enthusiasm MH. We've yet to win on the road and 4 of our next 6 are away. Most of our points on the road are garbage time. Same can be said of our game against the Texans. We were down 27-2 vs the Falcons, 31-7 vs the Pats and 31-11 vs the Texans before we finally got the games close.

I'm pleased with the direction our team is going but we've got a ways to go. On defense we need a couple more "3 down" players to compete with the no-huddle. Still have holes on the OL and need a young , every down back.

Our way to the playoffs is to win the AFC West, but considering we've got to play SD twice before the Ravens it's not a cake walk.

Next 3, at SD, vs NO and at Cincy. I'll be pleased (real pleased) if we come out of that 2-1.

I still think we're an 8-8, 9-7 team. Improving but not there. Look at the bright side, gives us a better shot at the ND MLB. Wink
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've also played in 2 of the hardest places to win Akrna.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1234567 wrote:
Joe_is_the_best wrote:
Well let's take our worst plays and solely use them to judge our team's performance.

In all fairness though, our D has given up 27 or more points in 3 out of our first 5 games, and we've been outscored 74 to 42 in the first half this season. I don't think it's necessarily an overreaction to be concerned about this.
Yeah our defense has been far from great, but it's a different thing every week. One week it's long balls, the next week it's run defense and little passes. We have only had 1 complete game. You know, with Manning I'm fine with the defense allowing 27 to a great team.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Mile High wrote:

Now we have 10 weeks until our next REAL challenge against Baltimore and basically cupcakes the entire rest of the way.

Time to get some wins.

Can't share your enthusiasm MH. We've yet to win on the road and 4 of our next 6 are away. Most of our points on the road are garbage time. Same can be said of our game against the Texans. We were down 27-2 vs the Falcons, 31-7 vs the Pats and 31-11 vs the Texans before we finally got the games close.

I'm pleased with the direction our team is going but we've got a ways to go. On defense we need a couple more "3 down" players to compete with the no-huddle. Still have holes on the OL and need a young , every down back.

Our way to the playoffs is to win the AFC West, but considering we've got to play SD twice before the Ravens it's not a cake walk.

Next 3, at SD, vs NO and at Cincy. I'll be pleased (real pleased) if we come out of that 2-1.

I still think we're an 8-8, 9-7 team. Improving but not there. Look at the bright side, gives us a better shot at the ND MLB. Wink

Solid post. That's about how I'm looking at this team too. I think we still need help on the D-line as today's no huddle [inappropriate/removed] whippin showed. O-line needs upgraded, and a MLB that can do more than just hit hard.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1234567 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
Mile High wrote:

Time to get some wins.

Solid post. That's about how I'm looking at this team too. I think we still need help on the D-line as today's no huddle [inappropriate/removed] whippin showed. O-line needs upgraded, and a MLB that can do more than just hit hard.

I think we all can agree that we need those upgrades and some of our players to start making plays. We need youth at the DLine position and a MLB who can make that tackle or be in that position to make that tackle. Out O-Line needs work, glad Kuper will be back soon.

AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
We've also played in 2 of the hardest places to win Akrna.

Absolutely!! As I said, I'm pleased with our direction. Just get a bit tired of the "#$%^&" sucks stuff.

We're a young team with some budding superstars. Lets enjoy it! Give Elway and Co. a chance. By years end our D could be fun to watch, and DT has amazing talent. Miller may end up being our best defensive player ever, he has the ability. Just wait until he learns the position.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUHZZwuybiY&feature=related

Basically what we do to ourselves in the first half.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 27 of 33

Jump to: