Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 5: Seattle Seahawks @ Camolina Kittens
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tooki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
Why they didn't sneak Cam Newton on that 4th and goal at the end zone for 1 yard i will never know but thank you lol.

Osprey called it by the way Caroll is praising Wilson saying he did what we wanted him to do and was in full control.

I told you. Pete is an egomaniac. He will never admit that he made the wrong choice at QB. We're stuck with Wilson until at least mid season, probably more. If we stay at a .500 record or better, he'll stay the starter all year and we'll be stuck in mediocrity for years to come, just like the Jets with Mark Sanchez.

Yeah, because we all know that Russell Wilson is doomed to be the Sanchize Rolling Eyes

Give us a break. We know that you don't like Wilson, but he had his best game of the season for sure. Yes it was against the weakest D that we have played so far, but he made some good progressions.

Like it or not, it's too late to just bring in Matt Flynn now.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
What an ugly win! Once again, we get another abyssmal performance from the passing game as Wilson throws more picks than he does touchdowns. If you figure that one of those picks went the other way for 6 points, that would cancel out the Golden Tate touchdown, meaning Wilson counted for zero points through the air. How long are we gonna allow this to continue?

This was definitely a defensive win! Our defense is getting better each week. The young guys are starting to get going and the goal line stand was a thing of beauty. I love our defense.

If we could just get some kind of passing game working, we could be a dominant team, but we couldn't even hang 20 points on the hapless Panthers, who came in 1-3 and without Jon Beason and Chris Gamble. Rolling Eyes

We were lucky to survive that game.

We get it you don't like Russell Wilson but you don't bench your QB when he's 3-2. And before you go with the "Packers game shouldn't have counted" you are what your record is and the breaks balance out in this league

Because the Seahawks could have won vs the Cardinals on a final drive and could have been driving to beat the Rams if a receiver didn't fall.

I'm sick of excuses! You do bench a QB if he is underperforming, regardless of the record. Just look at the Cardinals. Their HC said Skelton is the starter, once he is cleared to play, even though they have a winning record with Kolb.

Wilson now has 5 TD's and 6 Int's in five games. That is pathetic! That is what I'd expect from Mark Sanchez.
bill21792

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
BBIB wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
What an ugly win! Once again, we get another abyssmal performance from the passing game as Wilson throws more picks than he does touchdowns. If you figure that one of those picks went the other way for 6 points, that would cancel out the Golden Tate touchdown, meaning Wilson counted for zero points through the air. How long are we gonna allow this to continue?

This was definitely a defensive win! Our defense is getting better each week. The young guys are starting to get going and the goal line stand was a thing of beauty. I love our defense.

If we could just get some kind of passing game working, we could be a dominant team, but we couldn't even hang 20 points on the hapless Panthers, who came in 1-3 and without Jon Beason and Chris Gamble. Rolling Eyes

We were lucky to survive that game.

We get it you don't like Russell Wilson but you don't bench your QB when he's 3-2. And before you go with the "Packers game shouldn't have counted" you are what your record is and the breaks balance out in this league

Because the Seahawks could have won vs the Cardinals on a final drive and could have been driving to beat the Rams if a receiver didn't fall.

I'm sick of excuses! You do bench a QB if he is underperforming, regardless of the record. Just look at the Cardinals. Their HC said Skelton is the starter, once he is cleared to play, even though they have a winning record with Kolb.

Wilson now has 5 TD's and 6 Int's in five games. That is pathetic! That is what I'd expect from Mark Sanchez.

Yeah you're right. 5 TD's to 6 picks is HORRIBLE for a rookie. God there's no hope for any QB if they aren't killing it in the first half of their rookie season.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We won in spite of the offense, not because of it. Lets not pretend like we're 3-2 due to Wilson.

Nonetheless, this was undoubtedly his best game so far. I dont want to be too critical after a win so I won't knock him. The first pick was a terrible throw but he was good most of the day. I still feel that he's holding us back, but I'm just glad we won.

Defense is doing big things.
Tooki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't deny that Russ is holding us back. He definitely is. But we can't just put Matt Flynn in now.

I thought that the lineman had a good game for the most part. Especially Russell Okung and James Carpenter.

Breno can get [inappropriate/removed] for all I care. I hope that he enjoys riding the bench.
Plush

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is everyone ignoring the progress russell made in this game?

He didn't hold us back tonight. He converted 3rd downs, he made the right throws and only made one true error on the day. You can't play very much more sound as a rookie than he did tonight. He's working his butt off to improve

Both he and lynch had plays wiped away by mistakes and penalties. Someone has to give russ a pat on the shoulder for his game today.
Tooki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not ignoring his progress. But he is still holding us back. That's the point.

He still played a great game...
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
I can't deny that Russ is holding us back. He definitely is. But we can't just put Matt Flynn in now.

I thought that the lineman had a good game for the most part. Especially Russell Okung and James Carpenter.

Breno can get [inappropriate/removed] for all I care. I hope that he enjoys riding the bench.

Why? Give me a reason. You admit he's holding us back. We have a $20 million backup, yet you say we can't put him in? That makes no sense.
Tooki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
Tooki wrote:

Why? Give me a reason. You admit he's holding us back. We have a $20 million backup, yet you say we can't put him in? That makes no sense.

I'm not bringing money into this. I'm the type of person who doesn't use silly things like that to justify putting a player in.

And it will ruin the team morale. This O is shaky as it is.For Russell to be taken out when he is making progress is going to kill the season for us.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
I'm not ignoring his progress. But he is still holding us back. That's the point.

If that is your idea of a "great game" you guys really need to get higher standards. You must think Matt Hasselbeck is a first ballot Hall of Famer, by that reasoning. Laughing
Plush

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
Tooki wrote:

If that is your idea of a "great game" you guys really need to get higher standards. You must think Matt Hasselbeck is a first ballot Hall of Famer, by that reasoning. Laughing

what did he do wrong outside of the pick 6?
Tooki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Child please. Get off your high horse.

One of his INT's was all on Marshawn. And as much as I wanted Matt Flynn in to start the season, I'm going to give Russell Wilson a real chance. 5 games makes decides a players career not.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
Tooki wrote:

I'm not bringing money into this. I'm the type of person who doesn't use silly things like that to justify putting a player in.

And it will ruin the team morale. This O is shaky as it is.For Russell to be taken out when he is making progress is going to kill the season for us.

We barely beat a one win team (by less than a FG), who was missing their best defensive players. Things aren't gonna get any easier, by a longshot. Wilson did show a little improvement, but the bar was so low before this game, that he had to. Nobody seems to mind that he did it against the worst defense we are likely to see all year. How does this not concern you guys? Really...... has everyone lost their minds or are Seattle fans to used to mediocrity, that their expections are way lower than the fans of other teams?
BBIB

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:

If Skelton plays it's because the Cardinals stop winning games.

You're out of your mind if you think the Cardinals would put in Skelton if their record is 6-2 or 7-3, etc.

I didn't say that 5 TDs and 6 INTs was great. I said what was absurd was to say a rookie QB was doomed to suck the rest of their career because of those stats in his rookie season. How great were Andrew Luck's stats coming into today?
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
Child please. Get off your high horse.

One of his INT's was all on Marshawn. And as much as I wanted Matt Flynn in to start the season, I'm going to give Russell Wilson a real chance. 5 games makes decides a players career not.

I'm not saying whether it should decide his career, but with the way this defense is playing, we need the best QB in there right now. This could be the season where we have a realistic chance a playoff run, but I guarantee that won't happen with Wilson at QB. Keeping him in there, essentially means blowing off this season. I'm not saying he won't be able to compete in 2013, but it's obvious he isn't ready to start now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 19 of 24

Jump to: