Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Carlos Rogers: The Jets Quit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Carlos Rogers: The Jets Quit Reply with quote

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsbl...N0kOftYXwitHDJ

If the Jets’ 34-0 loss to the 49ers on Sunday was not humiliating enough, now San Francisco cornerback Carlos Rogers is saying the Jets basically quit.
"It kinda seemed like, after a while they just, I know, looking at their defense, they didn't want to be out there,” Rogers said on SiriusXM NFL Radio on Tuesday. “And after that it's like, man, these guys don't really want to play the game. You know, it's pretty much over."
Rogers said he could see the Jets giving up.
“You could see it happening,” Rogers said. “It kinda shocked me just because, you know, a lot of guys were saying on the sideline, 'Oh, they don't want to tackle, they don't want to do this, they don't want to do that.' That's a Rex Ryan defense. That's a Rex Ryan team. His defense, you know, plays throughout. And that was the shocking point about it. The same thing goes for us when we played Minnesota. We was down, the chances of coming back late in that game was real hard. You know, we had to do some unbelievable stuff, onsides kicks. But we played to the end. End of the fourth and two fumbles within the last two minutes of the game or something like that. It really kind of shocked me to see that them guys were ready to go get in the showers."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsbl...#ixzz28FGqQK2C

This is why we need a new HC. Rex doesn't have these guys anymore.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait until after the next two weeks before saying if Rex doesn't have them anymore.
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
Wait until after the next two weeks before saying if Rex doesn't have them anymore.

I've never been high on Rex Ryan. More of a "calling it now" prediction. But we'll see.

I think he finally sees the team how it is, absolutely mediocre. The bravado is gone.
Jetcane

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:

I agree. People have to understand that the NFL is week to week. You can never be too high or too low. Lets not be so impulsive. Lets be honest, most of us thought we would be 2-2 at this point anyway.

I love to hate the Red Sux
YANKEES RULE THE UNIVERSE!
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:

Agreed. I am sure that 99 percentage of Jets fan overjoyed when Jets embarrassed Bills.

Mid season and final half season are the most important to note.
drew39k

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetcane wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:

I agree. People have to understand that the NFL is week to week. You can never be too high or too low. Lets not be so impulsive. Lets be honest, most of us thought we would be 2-2 at this point anyway.

Exactly. We knew we had a tough first 5 weeks with two divisional games sandwhiched in with the Steelers Texans and Niners. And that was pre-injuries to Keller, Pouha, Revis, and Holmes. Fully heatlhy we had a better shot against Pittsburgh and dont get blown out by the 49ers.
Technically yes... BUT by laws of playoff football, The Andrew Lucks lost to the Quarterbackbowl 47 winning Joe Flaccos. Whereas the Russel Wilsons lost to the Matt Ryans, who didnt even beat the Colin Kaepernicks.
ukjets21

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:

I've never been high on Rex Ryan. More of a "calling it now" prediction. But we'll see.

I think he finally sees the team how it is, absolutely mediocre. The bravado is gone.

The team is mediocre now, but the hype came off AFC Championship Games with a great receiving corps, and a brilliant run and pass defence. The bravado was deserved.

Adopt a Jet: Sheldon Richardson

Tackles - 77
Sacks - 3.5
Forced Fumbles - 1
4 Carries - 4 Yards - 2 TDs
teamorange

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good, this year is a wash. I would rather tank and get some good draft picks. I only want to beat St. Louis for the rest of the year
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
Good, this year is a wash. I would rather tank and get some good draft picks. I only want to beat St. Louis for the rest of the year

I agree. But you know were probably going to lose that game and Hunter will shut down Wilkerson all game.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: