Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 5: Baltimore @ Kansas City
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Stats Cassel needs to not get benched going foward?
656yds 8TD's
31%
 31%  [ 6 ]
400yds 3TD's
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
300yds 2TD's
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Just need the win
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
<3 Turnovers
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 19

Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe the Brady's are letting the Manningkeys back in it.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
X-Factor 13

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
There is and has been worse calls. And honestly it can't be reviewed because it was blown dead. Maybe we caught the short end of the stick, maybe not.

Are you drunk?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Hard to imagine us not being the worst team in football. I know the Raiders are bad, but can they really be worse than us with Cassel?

Browns are a better team than us. Just missing a lot more players.

And we have other needs besides Cassel, I'm tired of people acting like we don't. Obviously by far our biggest need but to say we have no other need positions is blindness because of rage/hate for Cassel.

While this is true, I gotta say... WTF? What other player besides #7 do we clearly need an upgrade to be a good competitive playoff type team? Sure we probly need more upgrades than just QB to go 16-0, but just a decent Orton type QB and we are a playoff caliber team and it's only up from there...Or even start the season over with Quinn and we could win 9 or 10 games.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HiccupGuy wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
HiccupGuy wrote:
We need a new Offensive cord. him running the ball 3 and long and not passing it that much (albeit Cassel sucks) hurt us. They had 8-9 men in the box all day. When we did pass it there was always guys open deep but then again Cassel threw it short or checked down.

You want Cassel passing the ball?

I did say he sucked. But it looked like Muir was the OC out there. I would much rather see us pass on 3rd and long over draw play for nothing on 3rd and long.

No, Muir would have ran McCluster on those draw plays. Laughing

I'd rather not let Cassel pass at all on the Chiefs side of the field tbh. I mean we limited him and he still turned it over a grip of times.
TD: 0
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
DT58_lives_on wrote:
Wow...we are a completely different team with Quinn. Bad break on the call, but the right call.

I've seen enough to stick with Brady going forward.

Laughing Laughing

Let's overreact!! We've seen enough of Brady to know he's hardly an answer.

You're just jealous the Raiders might not get to play against Cassel Very Happy Of course you may very well be hoping to lose...I don't know.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
HiccupGuy wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
HiccupGuy wrote:
We need a new Offensive cord. him running the ball 3 and long and not passing it that much (albeit Cassel sucks) hurt us. They had 8-9 men in the box all day. When we did pass it there was always guys open deep but then again Cassel threw it short or checked down.

I did say he sucked. But it looked like Muir was the OC out there. I would much rather see us pass on 3rd and long over draw play for nothing on 3rd and long.

I'd rather not let Cassel pass at all on the Chiefs side of the field tbh. I mean we limited him and he still turned it over a grip of times.

Yeah but we were on the 50 or there 40 too. I can see your point if we were in our 30 or even 40. But come on get into field goal range.

We should of just kicked field goals everytime we get into field range. Then we might win a few more games. We left so many points on the field today.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Cowher in the post game talking about how good this team is in spite of the QB...

Come on over Bill, we have a spot just waiting for you.

Why do you want a guy who's overrating our talent...you're the one that said we have alot of needs besides QB.

Chiefer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HiccupGuy wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
HiccupGuy wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
HiccupGuy wrote:

Yeah but we were on the 50 or there 40 too. I can see your point if we were in our 30 or even 40. But come on get into field goal range.

We should of just kicked field goals everytime we get into field range. Then we might win a few more games. We left so many points on the field today.

Nah we just punt in field goal range instead.
TD: 0
HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
HiccupGuy wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
HiccupGuy wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
HiccupGuy wrote:

Nah we just punt in field goal range instead.

Someone is trying a little to hard to get Geno/Barkley/Wilson.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still accepting apologies for anyone who tried to tell me Cassel is clearly our best QB. Very Happy

TambaHawk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon guys, that wasn't very nice

TambaHawk wrote:
Oh we are getting a Smith just not Geno Smith Laughing
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My comment about us having other needs is the truth, it just bothers me when people act like we'd be undefeated and not even have to play games if we had a different QB. We do have other needs so I think trading all our draft picks away forever is a foolish idea. (Yeah I exaggerated)

I am absolutely on board with trading what we need to to get our QB this year. And I'm tired of dipping into other people's wells. We need OUR QB. All I'm saying is getting a QB doesn't immediately make us gods of the football field, we've seen quite a few other areas struggle this year too.

As far as why do I want Cowher...is that really a question. A coach that has proven he can win consistently, win in the playoffs, and win the big game? You're right...makes no sense at all for me to want him. Not to mention he knows how to run a 3-4, so we won't change personnel as much as some others. And if Cowher thinks our team is good, MINUS the qb...don't you think if he came in he's probably change the QB which is what we all want with apparently the exception of Cassel, Pioli and Romeo?
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this in the needs thread for this game. I just sat through watching the taped game and so these comments are twinged with emotion after watching yet another heart-breaking debacle.

Quote:
Rant alert. I just got done watching the game (taped...hardcore yardwork! argh!).

QB (default)
HC
OC

Matt Cassel. What can you say? If there was no doubt that Matt Cassel is THE worst non-rookie starting quarterback in the NFL (and the non-rookie caveat is certainly debatable), this game IMO proves that even our coaching staff his no confidence in him. We ran and ran and ran more. And when they could stop our running, we ran some more. When Cassel did pass the ball he was his usual self and couldn't seem to put the ball in a position to allow the receiver to have any chance for making a play after the catch. In fact, at the end of the game the only passes Cassel was attempting was the "wing and a prayer" lob passes in the hope that someone like Baldwin and his 40"+ vertical jump would give him a chance or we would get a pass interference penalty. I hate that he was injured (I really do!), but it honestly looked like he had mailed it in again. And his protesting on the lack of a PI against Bowe seemed more like he knew that could be the nail in his coffin more than his undeniable belief that Bowe was interfered with. And as usual, Daboll became Cassel's shadow all during the game while he was sitting by himself on the bench. Oh, and by the way, considering Daboll was on the sideline and constantly in contact with Cassel - who was Cassel on the phone with during the one shot (I believe in the third quarter)? Was that the invisible man Jim Zorn? Have they locked Zorn up and somehow he got a cellphone signal? Was it Scott Pioli trying to re-assure Cassel that he was still his man? This team would actually have a shot with an slightly below average to average starting quarterback.

Romeo Crennel is just not cutting it as a head coach. You see your team get down the field right before the half and then you end up punting it instead of trying to get closer on 4th and 1 for atleast a viable field goal attempt? A 1-3 team and you play it safe like that?

Brian Daboll called an offensive gameplan that was obviously a complete admission by the coaching staff that they have absolutely zero confidence in Matt Cassel. I completely credit the offensive line early for making excellent blocks (and Maneri also) and Charles and Draughn (and later Gray) fought hard. After awhile the defense is invariably going to adjust to having no passing game. And they are definitely going to tee off against the run when the opposing offense shows that the team collectively has not confidence in their starting quarterback. And Daboll being hired was obviously another Pioli attempt to do whatever possible to help Matt Cassel. I have never seen an offensive coordinator spend so much time sitting with the quarterback as I have watching Daboll and Cassel.

Interesting that Daboll was nowhere near Brady Quinn to talk about any plays IF the offense got the ball back at the end of the game. You would think if you would want to talk to anyone about plays, etc. it would be the second string quarterback before a potential game-winning drive.

Another issue I have with Daboll is the two pick penalties. Why are we calling plays that are based on an action that creates an offensive penalty? I understand that teams get away with this, and so the first play could get some slack. The second play looked like a designed pick by McCluster and was obvious. If I am Daboll and we already got hit with a penalty and I was ballsy enough to try and call essentially the same play, I am sure as hell going to beat it into McCluster's head before the play to get in the way without hitting the defender - basically try and force the defender to re-route.

By the way, on Daboll calling 99% of our plays as running plays, I can't really fault him considering we have Cassel. I was scratching my head and I couldn't believe we were calling run after run without any play-action from Cassel. Now, we were able to run on them for sure, but there was a point where the thought crossed my mind that maybe just maybe Crennel and Daboll were heading a mutiny against Pioli and Cassel! LOL! Unbelievable!

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Nic. Something to add is Daboll is going to kill Charles. He ran the ball 30 times. That is the second time has had over 30 carries this year and has 102 carries. On pace for 326 carries. Would of been more but the Buffalo game he only had 6 carries.

Am I the only one worried about this? Running backs don't have that long of a shelf life and he isn't the biggest back either.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HiccupGuy wrote:
I agree with you Nic. Something to add is Daboll is going to kill Charles. He ran the ball 30 times. That is the second time has had over 30 carries this year and has 102 carries. On pace for 326 carries. Would of been more but the Buffalo game he only had 6 carries.

Am I the only one worried about this? Running backs don't have that long of a shelf life and he isn't the biggest back either.

I think he can handle carries in the 300-325 range. It will help getting Hillis back, of course. Hillis and Draughn are a much better backup duo than Draughn and Gray. I don't think they really want Gray out there much yet. But the nice thing about Charles, as opposed to when we completely tore down Johnson, is he's more in the Holmes style of not really getting hit head on too often. He's small and shifty, so he gets a lot of glancing blows and plays where he just gets tripped up more than tackled. Better than a power back like LJ, where 300+ carries meant a good 250+ head on tackles.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
41 catches, 542 yards, 4 TDs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 22 of 23

Jump to: