Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: BAL Ravens @ KC Chiefs (W5)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many receptions will Cary Williams allow?
0!!!!!!
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
1-3
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
4-6
35%
 35%  [ 7 ]
7+
35%
 35%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 20

StRawz11

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
We completely shutdown the run in the 2nd half. Didn't give up a TD. Beat a pretty good team on the road. That's not easy to do. Offense was terrible. Hali/Houston gave us trouble as expected. Nothing on 3rd down. I'm not overly concerned about it right now.

Chiefs are not a "pretty good team". I will say going into Arrowhead and winning is a very tough thing to do though

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bengals lost as well

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StRawz11 wrote:
Bengals lost as well

Was hoping Steelers would lose too.

We definately have things to work on, but glad we squeeked this win out. We 4-1 yo Very Happy
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StRawz11 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
We completely shutdown the run in the 2nd half. Didn't give up a TD. Beat a pretty good team on the road. That's not easy to do. Offense was terrible. Hali/Houston gave us trouble as expected. Nothing on 3rd down. I'm not overly concerned about it right now.

Chiefs are not a "pretty good team". I will say going into Arrowhead and winning is a very tough thing to do though

I think they actually are. The numbers they put up in almost all areas are pretty good but they are crippled by an unbelievable amount of Cassell turnovers.

Free Ray Rice
NJ Raven

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
StRawz11 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

I think they actually are. The numbers they put up in almost all areas are pretty good but they are crippled by an unbelievable amount of Cassell turnovers.

Agreed. If they cut out the turnovers, they'd be a wild card contender.
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate winning that ugly, but, hey, we're 4-1. I'm particularly proud of how our defense rebounded in the second half. Holding Charles to 15 yards on 10 carries was huge.

Speaking of which, him and that defense must be fed up with life right now. You can't ask any more of them.

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
sp6488

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmore4life815 wrote:
I hate winning that ugly, but, hey, we're 4-1. I'm particularly proud of how our defense rebounded in the second half. Holding Charles to 15 yards on 10 carries was huge.

Speaking of which, him and that defense must be fed up with life right now. You can't ask any more of them.

Just want to add that we clearly won that game. Wasn't pretty, but we did what was needed to win (much to the chagrin of the CBS production team Smile ). Chiefs fans in Gen right now saying that the Ravens had no business winning that game. A salty bunch those Chiefs fans are.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmvoss wrote:
Wow, to me it didn't look like we got that 1st down.

We absolutely got it, it was actually a short spot probably.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooo I had a scrimmage today for baseball, anyone want to sum up the game and why we only won by 3 points?

Official stalker victim of Harper41.
nevermore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Sooo I had a scrimmage today for baseball, anyone want to sum up the game and why we only won by 3 points?

OL played bad, receivers dropped passes left and right, Flacco had no pocket awareness, and the D refused to tackle Jamaal Charles in the first half.

The Chiefs beat themselves today. To give you an example, Cassel fumbled a snap on 1st and Goal from the 1.

Dude, he's a football player. He's not Batman.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

OL played bad, receivers dropped passes left and right, Flacco had no pocket awareness, and the D refused to tackle Jamaal Charles in the first half.

The Chiefs beat themselves today. To give you an example, Cassel fumbled a snap on 1st and Goal from the 1.

I saw the general highlights, didn't know about the WR's dropping passes.

Who played good and who played bad for us? Obviously Cary and Webb played good and our pass defense wasn't bad considering we held them under 100 yards passing, right?

I saw that the OL did horrible (mainly our two horrible tackles), and I just assumed Flacco sucked as well.

How was the play calling? No huddle? Spread? I-form-PA-2WRsgoingdeep?

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Think the Seattle game last year... Only Seattle has Matt Cassel as they're quarterback... And then think of that game being 3x uglier than you can imagine it being... And then you'd probably be scratching the surface.

It was that game a year where our whole team looks incompetent... Only by the luck of whatever football deities that Matt Cassel must have pissed off- we won the game.

I mean, I was planning on rewatching the game on rewind... But I don't think I could sit through that again if someone paid me.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Think the Seattle game last year... Only Seattle has Matt Cassel as they're quarterback... And then think of that game being 3x uglier than you can imagine it being... And then you'd probably be scratching the surface.

It was that game a year where our whole team looks incompetent... Only by the luck of whatever football deities that Matt Cassel must have pissed off- we won the game.

I mean, I was planning on rewatching the game on rewind... But I don't think I could sit through that again if someone paid me.

Figures. We usually have between 2-4 of those games per season. Our defense obviously didn't do THAT bad to not allow a touchdown despite getting gashed by Charles for 2 quarters.

My biggest question is what was wrong with the offense? Were we going no huddle, shotgun and spreading or trying to do the stupid i-form and play action that HARDLY EVER works?

ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StRawz11 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Ngati is my new favorite player...I wish no serious harm to Cassel, but THANK YOU. You did not beat a good team....You beat a one dimensional team. However Quinn entering the game in the 4th immediately made them a good team...You all saw the pick play on the TD, those are never called and we got two of them against us, the only way they can call that is if McCluster seeks out a DB and hits him or gets in his way, which clearly did not happen. What do you guys think?

What about Charles? You knew it was coming every play and he goes for 125 in the first half...I even knew you guys would adjust and that wouldn't happen in the 2nd half...we could've hit Baldwin all day in single coverage, but didn't start trying it til it's too late. Chiefs coaches are clueless...maybe we can get just a little respect that the problem is QB and coaching, not talent. What do you say?

By the way, there is nothing wrong with your offense...you probly dropped a few more balls than normal, but like we've been saying the Chiefs D has been stout the last 2 games and that continued. You all know that game is a borderline blowout with halfway decent QB play by us.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of

Last edited by ArrowheadRage58 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
nevermore wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

I saw the general highlights, didn't know about the WR's dropping passes.

Who played good and who played bad for us? Obviously Cary and Webb played good and our pass defense wasn't bad considering we held them under 100 yards passing, right?

I saw that the OL did horrible (mainly our two horrible tackles), and I just assumed Flacco sucked as well.

How was the play calling? No huddle? Spread? I-form-PA-2WRsgoingdeep?

Actually Webb had another non-Webb game. The interception he caught was a gimme... Same with Williams FTMP. Balls batted up that they reacted to. But their coverage wasn't all that strong. Kruger was horrible setting the edge, but when he kept his hands active he was able to she'd blocks and make multiple tackles for a loss. He was our best defensive player today... And I only thought he had a "good" game, it looked awesome because of all his splash plays, but he was a big culprit of many of the Charles runs in the first half.

Kemo was pretty bad for most of the night. Looked a little better in the 2nd half. Cody did well and ate up blocks when given the chance. He was making plays.

Offense was doing their best Greg Little impression. Ray Lewis looked slow for most of the night, except a brutal hit he had on their backup RB.

The OL was trash, Flacco wasn't in rhythm, we lacked a playmaking talent. The defensive adjustments took way too long since the Chiefs just did the same rushing play for largely the first half.

Oh and Justin Tucker had an awesome special teams tackle. The 3 short kicks should probably help him to build his overall confidence back up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 19 of 23

Jump to: