Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

ESPN's power rankings start the Clippers ahead of the Celtic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your take?
Clippers ARE better than the Celtics
62%
 62%  [ 17 ]
Celtics are better than the Clippers
22%
 22%  [ 6 ]
It's ESPN, they're just trying to stir the pot
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 27

Author Message
ya boy hollywud


Joined: 19 Aug 2012
Posts: 706
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then you have to factor in coaching. The Celtics have an elite coach, while the Clippers have a clown at coach. Coaching is so significant, yet most people are completely ignoring this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1King


Moderator
Joined: 11 Mar 2008
Posts: 34324
Location: daboyle250 on the sig.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya boy hollywud wrote:
1King wrote:
Billups = Bradley (at least until I see how both respond from injury).

Don't agree at all. Both are coming off serious injuries (Bradley is still hurt); but Bradley is the better player, IMO. His defense alone is better than everything Billups brings. Bradley is an elite defender.

Quote:
Pierce > Butler
Hill = Green
Griffin > Bass
Odom > Sullinger
Garnett > Jordan
Wilcox = Turiaf

Edge: About even


I disagree so much here. I don't care who's better if you match them up. The trio of Garnett, Bass and Pierce is SO MUCH better than Griffin, Jordan and Butler. It's not even close.

Quote:
There IS a case to be made for either team with the Clippers having a much higher upside.


A case can be made, but I just don't see it.


Exactly both Billups and Bradley are coming off injuries and no one knows exactly where they are at, assuming Bradley is better is just being a homer and isn't based off any facts. You even admit that Bradley is still hurt. And again, you are undervaluing Billups.

Yeah, I mean why would I compare players at the same position and matchups that would be used in games. That doesn't make any sense. /sarcasm

You don't see it because you are being a homer.
_________________


El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.


candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome


TEAM STYLISH
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ya boy hollywud


Joined: 19 Aug 2012
Posts: 706
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
Exactly both Billups and Bradley are coming off injuries and no one knows exactly where they are at, assuming Bradley is better is just being a homer and isn't based off any facts. You even admit that Bradley is still hurt. And again, you are undervaluing Billups.


How am I a homer? I'm not a Celtics fan. And yes, both are hurt, so when I talk about them I'm doing so assuming both are healthy. Bradley is an elite defender, he's already proven that. I'm not undervaluing Billups at all, his role is to be a SG on the Clippers which is not even his natural position.

Quote:
Yeah, I mean why would I compare players at the same position and matchups that would be used in games. That doesn't make any sense. /sarcasm

You don't see it because you are being a homer.


Because those aren't always the matchups in a game. Why not just take the trios (Garnett, Bass and Pierce) vs (Griffin, Jordan and Butler). I think it's pretty clear Boston's trio is better, are they not?

Once again, I'm a homer how? I'm not a Celtics fan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlackPrestige92


Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Posts: 6115
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya boy hollywud wrote:
1King wrote:
Exactly both Billups and Bradley are coming off injuries and no one knows exactly where they are at, assuming Bradley is better is just being a homer and isn't based off any facts. You even admit that Bradley is still hurt. And again, you are undervaluing Billups.


How am I a homer? I'm not a Celtics fan. And yes, both are hurt, so when I talk about them I'm doing so assuming both are healthy. Bradley is an elite defender, he's already proven that. I'm not undervaluing Billups at all, his role is to be a SG on the Clippers which is not even his natural position.

Quote:
Yeah, I mean why would I compare players at the same position and matchups that would be used in games. That doesn't make any sense. /sarcasm

You don't see it because you are being a homer.


Because those aren't always the matchups in a game. Why not just take the trios (Garnett, Bass and Pierce) vs (Griffin, Jordan and Butler). I think it's pretty clear Boston's trio is better, are they not?

Once again, I'm a homer how? I'm not a Celtics fan.

I got your back Hollywud. I am a Celtic hater but Bradley is young and will come back. Billups? Undersized SG(well, going against KB24 anyways Wink ) who is aging and breaking down....
_________________


的f Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I知 uncoachable, I知 unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1King


Moderator
Joined: 11 Mar 2008
Posts: 34324
Location: daboyle250 on the sig.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya boy hollywud wrote:
1King wrote:
Exactly both Billups and Bradley are coming off injuries and no one knows exactly where they are at, assuming Bradley is better is just being a homer and isn't based off any facts. You even admit that Bradley is still hurt. And again, you are undervaluing Billups.


How am I a homer? I'm not a Celtics fan. And yes, both are hurt, so when I talk about them I'm doing so assuming both are healthy. Bradley is an elite defender, he's already proven that. I'm not undervaluing Billups at all, his role is to be a SG on the Clippers which is not even his natural position.

Quote:
Yeah, I mean why would I compare players at the same position and matchups that would be used in games. That doesn't make any sense. /sarcasm

You don't see it because you are being a homer.


Because those aren't always the matchups in a game. Why not just take the trios (Garnett, Bass and Pierce) vs (Griffin, Jordan and Butler). I think it's pretty clear Boston's trio is better, are they not?

Once again, I'm a homer how? I'm not a Celtics fan.


Thought you were a Celtics fan, must have confused you with someone else, my bad.

So you are assuming something that is not factual and projecting, giving Boston the benefit of the doubt over the LAC based on a guess/assumptions not in facts - in doing so you will obviously have a different view point than people who are not doing that. You are undervaluing Billups. Billups is still a great/elite clutch player, great/elite leader, and a great shooter.

Those would be the likely matchups for the majority of the game. What sense does it make to compare a PF/C to a SG/SF?
_________________


El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.


candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome


TEAM STYLISH
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HOVA333


Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Posts: 4764
Location: Brockton MA Richard Sherman is a Pansy
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
HOVA333 wrote:
How are you assuming Melo and Sullinger are scrubs? Didn't know the season started!!! Theres just soo much wrong in your post that no one should bother.


I am assuming Fab Melo is a scrub because he was a scrub in college and showed no offensive game what so ever during his time at Syracuse. I'm not sure how playing against much better competition and players that are his size on a nightly basis will make the game come easier to Melo. He's a poor man's Desagana Diop.
How long has he played basketball for? He was never asked for any sort of offense as he shouldn't. How about having a good defensive center thats 7 ft??

I'm assuming Jared Sullinger won't be able to contribute during his rookie season in the NBA because he struggled in college against big men with NBA size and athleticism. Not to mention he is a below the rim player that lacks quickness and length and was a really bad defender at the college level. If he had trouble defending big men in the Big Ten what makes you think he'll be able to guard NBA big men?

Expect a much better Leon Powe......What are you expecting?? I'll take that late in the draft, especially with a nice low post game with a knack of grabbing offensive boards.


_________________

Adopt A Patriot
Logan Ryan : CB
Tkls: Int: FF:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ya boy hollywud


Joined: 19 Aug 2012
Posts: 706
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
Thought you were a Celtics fan, must have confused you with someone else, my bad.

So you are assuming something that is not factual and projecting, giving Boston the benefit of the doubt over the LAC based on a guess/assumptions not in facts - in doing so you will obviously have a different view point than people who are not doing that. You are undervaluing Billups. Billups is still a great/elite clutch player, great/elite leader, and a great shooter.

Those would be the likely matchups for the majority of the game. What sense does it make to compare a PF/C to a SG/SF?


It doesn't make sense to compare 1v1 matchups because the NBA is a team game. Teams like the Celtics play great TEAM defense and play as a TEAM on offense. I'm just looking at the players who will be on the court when the game is in the balance.

I don't think I'm undervaluing Billups at all. He's past his prime and is a PG playing the SG position.

You're also totally ignoring coaching. The Celtics have an elite head coach while the Clippers are being coached by a clown.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1King


Moderator
Joined: 11 Mar 2008
Posts: 34324
Location: daboyle250 on the sig.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya boy hollywud wrote:
1King wrote:
Thought you were a Celtics fan, must have confused you with someone else, my bad.

So you are assuming something that is not factual and projecting, giving Boston the benefit of the doubt over the LAC based on a guess/assumptions not in facts - in doing so you will obviously have a different view point than people who are not doing that. You are undervaluing Billups. Billups is still a great/elite clutch player, great/elite leader, and a great shooter.

Those would be the likely matchups for the majority of the game. What sense does it make to compare a PF/C to a SG/SF?


It doesn't make sense to compare 1v1 matchups because the NBA is a team game. Teams like the Celtics play great TEAM defense and play as a TEAM on offense. I'm just looking at the players who will be on the court when the game is in the balance.

I don't think I'm undervaluing Billups at all. He's past his prime and is a PG playing the SG position.

You're also totally ignoring coaching. The Celtics have an elite head coach while the Clippers are being coached by a clown.


And you are assuming Bradley is healthy when he won't even play until December or January possibly at the earliest.

Of course it makes sense to compare 1v1 matchups, the NBA is still based on individual and team talent, they still play 1on1, 2on2, etc. despite how much of a team the Celtics are. The Celtics don't play zone and are a pretty standard team from a position/size standpoint so they don't really use or face a ton of cross matchups that an undersized or unorthodox team/offense would face. You talk about the team aspect of the Celtics and at the same time completely dismiss guys like Billups, Grant Hill, Caron Butler who fit the exact same mold and excel in that role/situation on the Clippers.

You are undervaluing him, you are basically saying an injured Avery Bradley is better than him and the only reason is because Bradley is elite on defense, neglecting what Billups is better at than Bradley and neglecting Bradley being out for a couple more months.

I was responding to other people's post about players, I'm not neglecting/ignoring coaching, I was addressing specific points other people brought up.
_________________


El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.


candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome


TEAM STYLISH
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlackPrestige92


Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Posts: 6115
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boston Celtics>>>>>>>> LA's JV Squad, the Los Angeles Dippers.


C's got Barbosa. they are loaded and have the BEST coach in the NBA. Yes, even better than Pop. Flop city is not better than the C's
_________________


的f Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I知 uncoachable, I知 unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group